Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Constant New Animal Spawns  (Read 660 times)

Chandrak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Constant New Animal Spawns
« on: October 08, 2010, 07:39:55 am »

I have an odd question - in areas of high savagery, is it normal that once i've killed every wild animal that new ones spawn immediately?

I've got this sort of permanent herd of 3 Skeletal Goats that wander around my land. Every time I kill the all the ones on the map, a new batch spawns immediately. It makes for a ridiculously fast supply of bones... whenever I run out, I just send my fighters out to kill 10 or so.

Is this normal?

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
Re: Constant New Animal Spawns
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2010, 07:41:33 am »

Yes.

There is a maximum number of animal groups that can be on the map at a time.  When you kill all the members of a group, a new group spawns.  And undead animals have infinite population, so you never run out of them.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2010, 07:42:28 am »

creepy.

Chandrak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2010, 07:56:22 am »

Ah, well. I suppose this means I have an infinite supply of bone for my crafters. Too bad its not a little more valuable, but hey, I can mass-produce it.

zwei

• Bay Watcher
  • [ECHO][MENDING]
    • View Profile
    • Fate of Heroes
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2010, 09:18:32 am »

Ah, well. I suppose this means I have an infinite supply of bone for my crafters. Too bad its not a little more valuable, but hey, I can mass-produce it.

you can never have too many training bolts...