Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 19

Author Topic: Bellwaxed: Humans and Harpies (Succession Fort)  (Read 39510 times)

SethCreiyd

• Bay Watcher
  • [VESPERTINE]
    • View Profile
Re: Bellwaxed: Humans and Harpies (Succession Fort)
« Reply #225 on: February 17, 2011, 09:14:24 pm »

Thanks for the reminder, Glacial.  PM sent.

Also, Terrahex has been added to the turn list, I hadn't noticed I hadn't done that.

Baron Baconeer

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:horrifying features]
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: February 19, 2011, 11:04:14 am »

Sorry for the delay, I was sailing the seven seas getting drunk. Downloading the save now.

EDIT: Err, It seems that I can't really play this, because the game crashes every time after five seconds of starting. I'm trying to figure a way over the problem, but this time it isn't military. :/
« Last Edit: February 19, 2011, 12:08:30 pm by Baron Baconeer »
Yes, mother ****ing walruses stormed in through my well room, fatally gored my expedition leader, and danced off into the frosty tundra to sing happy walrus songs about oysters.

DuckThatQuacks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: February 23, 2011, 08:22:31 pm »

Have you tried updating to .31.19? Sometimes a new version fixes crashes like this. Of course, new versions also tend to cause crashes like this, but it's worth trying. I'd hate to see Bellwaxed finally succumb to the dread blue screen.

Baron Baconeer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: February 24, 2011, 05:37:39 am »

Oh, I've tried it it only in .19. I'll check if it works in .18.
Yes, mother ****ing walruses stormed in through my well room, fatally gored my expedition leader, and danced off into the frosty tundra to sing happy walrus songs about oysters.

DuckThatQuacks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: March 02, 2011, 07:26:14 pm »

Any luck?

Baron Baconeer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: March 03, 2011, 02:08:48 am »

No awail. (Avail? I don't know how to type that.) Maybe we should just push it to the next person and see if it works better for him.  :-\

Glacial

• Bay Watcher
  • d~~
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: March 05, 2011, 02:11:03 am »

I was looking at the save, and noticed the directory is encrypted. That could be causing some of the stability issues. I'd recommen turning that off, Baron.

mcguinty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: March 07, 2011, 11:01:39 pm »

Okay, I got the save and tried it with version .21 and it's working so far. I'll PM the Baron and see if this version works for him before I start my turn.

Edit: I was able to get the military back. I think it had something to do with the militia commander repeatedly trying to clean himself.

I know I'm not the writer DuckThatQuacks is so I'll try to convince my brother to write it up. He hasn't gotten in to Dwarf Fortress yet but he's a really good writer.

Oh also, how do you change the ore symbols back to default on the save?
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 05:25:13 am by mcguinty »

Glacial

• Bay Watcher
  • d~~
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: March 08, 2011, 10:29:55 am »

Oh also, how do you change the ore symbols back to default on the save?

In the DF\data\save\Bellwaxed folder, replace the entire raw\ directory with the one from DF\

DorvenEngineering

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: March 08, 2011, 11:09:03 am »

Could I get a turn as overseer? That would be awesome!  :D
« Last Edit: March 08, 2011, 11:22:48 am by DorvenEngineering »
Why I think goblins are the superior species? In Goblin (language_GOBLIN), "Armok" literally means "skirt-whore", as in "ar" = "skirt" and "mok" = "whore". So while the other languages fail to deliver even as much as a direct translation, to the green-skinned people of the towers, the almighty God of Blood himself is but a little bi*ch. For this, one might induce, they pay with many a hapless siege, yet still, they don't give up and change insults or anything like that. Go, goblins!

SethCreiyd

• Bay Watcher
  • [VESPERTINE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: March 08, 2011, 11:09:15 pm »

Sure thing, you're on the list.

Baron Baconeer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: March 09, 2011, 02:44:26 am »

I'll have to skip my turn. I'm fevered and have hardly any writing potential, so I'll just give the turn to the next guy to not delay this any further. However, I can take a turn later on.

mcguinty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: March 09, 2011, 03:50:18 am »

Okay, i'll be starting on it. Today's the start of my work week but I usually play DF after work so It shouldn't be too much of a problem.

I was able to assign a commander, unpause, and it didn't crash but it crashed after i added a militia captain. I'll be trying to get around this somehow. We might just have to have a single squad of 10.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 03:52:37 am by mcguinty »

SethCreiyd

• Bay Watcher
  • [VESPERTINE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: March 09, 2011, 03:52:09 am »

Better than nothing.  It'll add challenge to make up for the adamant super soldiers.

I'll have to skip my turn. I'm fevered and have hardly any writing potential, so I'll just give the turn to the next guy to not delay this any further. However, I can take a turn later on.

I'll add you to the end of the current list.  Feel better soon.

mcguinty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: March 10, 2011, 03:52:08 pm »

I'm done with the first month. I'm still working out exactly what I can and can't do with the military. I have three squads with just weapons assigned and it's not crashing. I'll try adding armor and a schedule for them.

Edit 3/15: I've narrowed down the cause of the military crash to their gloves and I've made it to the second month.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 02:20:10 pm by mcguinty »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 19