Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 33g : nemesis unit load failed  (Read 550 times)

Istrian

• Bay Watcher
  • Malevolent Manager
    • View Profile
33g : nemesis unit load failed
« on: January 11, 2008, 01:34:00 pm »

I was in my first autumn when I got this message in a popup :
"FATAL ERROR
Nemesis Unit Load Failed"

Anyone knows what it means ?

I have a seasonal save if that helps, but I don't know (yet) if the bug can be reproduced. I'll edit when I find out.

EDIT : It happened again. My guess is that the dwarven caravan is trying to enter the fort but cannot find a way to do so.

[ January 11, 2008: Message edited by: Istrian ]

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
Re: 33g : nemesis unit load failed
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2008, 01:37:00 pm »

I didn't know that the Nemesis goal was even in the game yet.
As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

dreiche2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2008, 02:05:00 pm »

I remember this was mentioned before... try searching for the topic if you didn't already.

Nesoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2008, 06:32:00 pm »

It doesn't look like it was really resolved, but this is a thread I remember reading on it. Sounds like somehow the unit files got deleted.

I can only think of a few reasons. Maybe a save file was zipped up, then unzipped and the directory structure wasn't maintained or something, so the units didn't go in the correct folders. Maybe the folder that stores the units somehow got set to read only (happens if copied off of a CD, usually). Lastly, maybe the game is deleting unit files for some unknown reason? (Maybe to store new copies, but those don't get written for some reason? Maybe just some odd bug?)

Maybe I say "maybe" too often. Maybe someone else can think of other reasons  :)

000508 □ [dwarf mode][flows] flooding over a full pond will kill the fish inside

Dasqoot

• Bay Watcher
  • He-wenching for the cause.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2008, 09:17:00 pm »

This happens to me everytime I select a dwarf character in adventure mode. Crashes on entering the world. I assume it's because the game might have crashed in fortress or adventure mode when reading about a specific dwarven king or artifact.

I heard that crashes can permanently screw some unit information up. Now, I can still select elves or humans, just not dwarves. It has also happened to an elf adventurer of mine when entering the dwarven capital, so seemingly my dwarf kingdom is fubar.

Also what might be causing it. I generated my world in version 33e. Does anyone else with this problem have that in common with me?

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2008, 09:23:00 pm »

« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 11:05:01 pm by penguinofhonor »

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2008, 01:07:00 pm »

I got this error once, but due to an error on my part. A creature I made (adamantine golem/mechanoid) had an itemcorpse set to ARMOR:ITEM_ARMOR_PLATEMAIL. I just figured that since WEAPON existed, ARMOR should have too. However, once I encountered the creature, the error popped up. Replacing the itemcorpse with a statue fixed it.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

polpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2008, 07:59:00 pm »

I just got this bug. I have a save in which it will occur after less than a minute of play, if it will be of any use.

-
never mind - my error was probably caused when I was copying the save folder to back it up.

[ January 21, 2008: Message edited by: polpoint ]