Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Carpenters: "Construct wooden Chair" Masonry: "Construct rock Throne"  (Read 4931 times)

Astramancer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Carpenters: "Construct wooden Chair" Masonry: "Construct rock Throne"
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2010, 07:46:53 pm »

You forgot to mention that the lead cage has thirty elephants in it.

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2010, 08:44:30 pm »

I'm not sure where the realism line is drawn between "It's a tall rock box for my socks" and "Brb guys, hauling this lead cage with an elephant in it 30 floors down. By myself. Pansies. *wheeze*"
Well, i watched a late-middle aged Korean gentleman that was about 4 feet tall haul a full sized refrigerator up three flights of stairs ... on his back.

He just walked up to the pickup the fridge was on, turned his back and held out his hands to the young guy (20-ish) who used a dolly to move it to the back of the truck and down.  As soon as it hit his hands the old guy leaned forward, and as soon as the center off mass was over his hips, he started calmly walking towards the building, through the door I held open, and up three flights of stairs, down the hall and into the dorm room it was for.  When he got there he just squatted down, set it on the floor (no thump) and slipped his hands out from under it, nodded to me and walked back down to the truck. :o
Quote from: Haspen
Quote from: phoenixuk
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Doesn't quite have the ring of heroics to it...
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"
Kids: "Yaaaay!"

stonemt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2010, 08:52:59 pm »

Please note the strength/hight ratio. its about fout feet tall and realy strong i believe you have been visited by the legendary heretic "the shaved dwarf".

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2010, 09:18:51 pm »

Please note the strength/hight ratio. its about fout feet tall and realy strong i believe you have been visited by the legendary heretic "the shaved dwarf".
Well, the guy had to have been about 80lbs soaking wet.  You know, stereotypical skinny, short Asian guy (and you know a person is short when I call them that as I'm only 5'4 ;)).
Zepave Dawnhogs the Butterfly of Vales the Marsh Titan ... was taken out by a single novice axedwarf and his pet war kitten. Long Live Domas Etasastesh Adilloram, slayer of the snow butterfly!
Mother: "...and after the evil snow butterfly was defeated, Domas and his kitten lived happily ever after!"

slothen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2010, 09:21:30 pm »

Do you ever even make wooden chairs or metal thrones?  I always make anything I can out of rock, I always have so much of the stuff.

once metalworking gets established I replace all the chairs and tables in my main dining hall with electrum ones.
While adding magma to anything will make it dwarfy, adding the word "magma" to your post does not necessarily make it funny.
Thoughts on water
MILITARY: squad, uniform, training
"DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF." -NW_Kohaku

stonemt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2010, 09:31:22 pm »

he cant eat due to the shame of his beardlessness?
that being said i know an ex-trucker who can do stuff like that... cast iron bathtub shifting takes some real skill.

krenshala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2010, 10:26:37 pm »

Do you ever even make wooden chairs or metal thrones?  I always make anything I can out of rock, I always have so much of the stuff.

once metalworking gets established I replace all the chairs and tables in my main dining hall with electrum ones.
But I quite like my legendary olivine dinning hall! Rough olivine walls, 8x12, only half populated with tables/chairs (14 each) and yet it is described as legendary when I view my dwarves' status screens.

Fanklok

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Table User
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2010, 10:34:36 pm »

Quality of rooms is based on their size and quality of everything in them, or so I have discerned. So a big ass room with a rickety table can be legendary.
How the hell did you get a table stuck in a guy?
Where did you even GET the table?

Dorf3000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2010, 02:59:51 am »

Well, the guy had to have been about 80lbs soaking wet.  You know, stereotypical skinny, short Asian guy (and you know a person is short when I call them that as I'm only 5'4 ;)).

He must be a legendary pump operator ;D
I had a tigerman get elected mayor and he promptly mandated 3 bowls of cereal.

Quantum Toast

• Bay Watcher
  • Schrödinger's Breakfast
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2010, 03:32:38 am »

he cant eat due to the shame of his beardlessness?
If anything I'd have thought that dwarf beards would sieve out half the calories.
That would be as deadly to the wielder as to anyone else!  You'd sever your own arm at the first swing!  It's perfect!

LuckyLuigi

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Ever Savescum
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2010, 05:29:21 am »

Well, i watched a late-middle aged Korean gentleman that was about 4 feet tall haul a full sized refrigerator up three flights of stairs ... on his back.

"The ability of skinny old ladies to carry huge loads is phenomenal. Studies have shown that an ant can carry one hundred times its own weight, but there is no known limit to the lifting power of the average tiny eighty-year-old Spanish peasant grandmother" - Terry Pratchett
Check out Time Denee's brilliant DF comics of Bronzemurder and Oilfurnace.

Batdwarf Forever !

WrathNail

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: too awesome to use]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2010, 05:53:59 am »

Same story for "coffers" vs. "chests". An' real dorfs dun sit on chires.
And we, build up castles
in the sky and in the sand.
Design our own world
ain't nobody understand.

synkell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2010, 09:59:22 am »

Maybe you can make a hard rock cafe for your dwarfs?

Diacritic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2010, 10:51:48 am »

I'm not sure where the realism line is drawn between "It's a tall rock box for my socks" and "Brb guys, hauling this lead cage with an elephant in it 30 floors down. By myself. Pansies. *wheeze*"

Somewhere around being able to assemble flutes, piccolos, drums, and harps out of nothing but a piece of granite.  I've heard of hard rock music, but that's just silly.

Flutes and piccolos are easy; it's really just a tube with holes in it.

Granzon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2010, 11:27:50 am »

It's better to make stuff out of stone if you can since you usually swim on those by the time you dug out the first few rooms.
Pages: 1 [2] 3