Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: The eff is going on with that effin Steam?  (Read 3414 times)

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
Re: The eff is going on with that effin Steam?
« Reply #45 on: October 09, 2010, 09:57:04 am »

the new skidrow stuff actually runs an emulated steam when you run the game, so you don't even need steam up to run the steam-cracked game. (Yes, Jay, I looked into it and how that one worked, that's pretty much it.)
I'm aware.
I would have said that if you had ever brought the subject up again after that time.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 09, 2010, 12:19:48 pm »

And it works FINE, updates FINE.
You sir are a good liar.

Calhoun

• Bay Watcher
  • Reusable-Box
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 09, 2010, 12:25:33 pm »

And it works FINE, updates FINE.
You sir are a good liar.
Look, give me a reason why he'd be lying? What would possibly compel him to defend steam? Soulwynd, if you have problems with Steam, you have problems with Steam. That sucks. But what reason does this guy have to lie? If it works for him, that's great for him. Steam isn't terrible just because it doesn't work well for you. That's a pretty self-centric point of view.

It works well enough for me and around 2 million other people to use it daily. That's something.
I know it's unrealistic, but I can't help but imagine little bearded babies for dwarves. In my mind, they come out of the womb fully bearded. That's how the mother carries them around, too, she just drags them around by the beard or ties it to her belt. When the father's on duty, he just ties their beards together and the baby just kind of hangs there, swinging to and fro with Urist McDaddy's movements.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]