Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9

Author Topic: Outstanding bugs in 0.31.16  (Read 10658 times)

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
Re: Outstanding bugs in 0.31.16
« Reply #105 on: October 24, 2010, 06:28:18 pm »

You can turn the music off? Huh.

konzill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 24, 2010, 06:49:43 pm »

I Suspect part of the problem is that DF is two games in one. And the player community is split between thous who favor one mode over the other.  I for one have only played in Fortress mode. So I really don't care much (if at all) about the current development arc, which is focusiing on adventure mode.

In may opinion the adventure mode is not interesting as there is more then enough rouge likes out there already, while Fortress mode is something new and unique. As such I would personally care much more about features and bug fixes to fortress mode then I would care about  adventure mode.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 24, 2010, 11:09:06 pm »

I Suspect part of the awesome is that DF is two games in one.
  It will eventually branch out into three games in one, then four, then five, then so on and so forth. The goal of development is to eventually be able to play any entity in the game. From dwarves, kobolds, elves, and humans, to forgotten beasts, hell, and gods. Each unique entity should have it's own unique game style, and it should be possible to play/paint any story imaginable.
 Adventure mode is unique among the rogue-likes out there, because the world persistence goes farther than ghost files. And that same world persistence allows interaction with any other mode of the game.
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

FleshForge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 24, 2010, 11:25:35 pm »

Is there something wrong with dining rooms?  A few times now I've set up a public (non-assigned) dining room and while people go hang out there if I make it a meeting hall, nobody actually EATS there and they have unhappy thoughts about lack of dining tables.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 24, 2010, 11:38:02 pm »

Did you build chairs?

FleshForge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 25, 2010, 12:37:35 am »

Err no, I built traction benches next to each table, of course I built chairs.
edit: actually in the well room next door, I installed some chairs without tables, and bizarrely everyone went there to eat even though it was only chairs

jlzayasp

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 25, 2010, 10:21:14 am »

Hello, I have a problem with my fortress, I am not sure if here is the right place to post it.

I have read this in a previous post by Quietust:

All still unfixed. There are dozens of other significant bugs which Toady apparently thinks are less important than adding new features to the game. To name a few:
* Elves don't have diplomats, so they can't impose tree cutting quotas (they were only able to do so in 0.31.12 and earlier due to another bug which has since been fixed)

My problem is that I have upgraded my fortress game from 31.12 to 31.16 while I had a Elven cutting quota. Now, in the 31.16, because I don't receive the visit of the Elven liason, the quota remains pertmanently year by year. It is possible to remove the quota? (edditing the game files) or I can ignore it without risk of receive the elves attack?

Thanks!

petersohn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 25, 2010, 01:50:11 pm »

Did the elves attack because of it? If not, just leave it be. I started my fort in .16, and while they don't bring liaisons and don't complain about me cutting down trees, they still don't bring me wood since I started cutting down trees in the cavern (the surface had very few trees).

If they attack, more the better. Just kill 'em all! (OK, kidding. But I don't have any idea then.)

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #113 on: October 25, 2010, 02:02:09 pm »

It's reasonable to assume that the Elves won't get angry about your wood cutting if the diplomat never shows up, since that's when they actually check your logging against the quota they imposed the previous year.

I started my fort in .16, and while they don't bring liaisons and don't complain about me cutting down trees, they still don't bring me wood since I started cutting down trees in the cavern (the surface had very few trees).

If you want them to bring more wood, forbid all of the wood logs in your fortress (including any used in axles, water wheels, and windmills) just before the caravan arrives.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

assimilateur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 25, 2010, 02:41:20 pm »

If you want them to bring more wood, forbid all of the wood logs in your fortress (including any used in axles, water wheels, and windmills) just before the caravan arrives.

I thought how much a caravan brought of a given commodity depended only on how much you bought earlier.

CJN

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 25, 2010, 02:48:20 pm »

My problem is that I have upgraded my fortress game from 31.12 to 31.16 while I had a Elven cutting quota. Now, in the 31.16, because I don't receive the visit of the Elven liason, the quota remains pertmanently year by year. It is possible to remove the quota? (edditing the game files) or I can ignore it without risk of receive the elves attack?

Thanks!

My first reaction before I read the post more carefully, was that your nobles want you to cut down a certain number of Elves, but there are none around.  ;D

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #116 on: October 25, 2010, 03:10:44 pm »

I thought how much a caravan brought of a given commodity depended only on how much you bought earlier.

Wood logs are a special case - the amount caravans bring depends directly on how many you actually have, and forbidding them makes them think you don't have any (though putting them in buildings does not).
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.

petersohn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 25, 2010, 04:33:17 pm »

Wood logs are a special case - the amount caravans bring depends directly on how many you actually have, and forbidding them makes them think you don't have any (though putting them in buildings does not).
But it applies only for elves. Humans and dwarves will still bring.

jlzayasp

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 26, 2010, 01:53:46 am »

Thanks for yours replies!! I forgot to write "trees" for the Elves quota :D

One thing... I want to try the harder part. I have read that I could add a elven liason by edditing the saves. Where can I find information about that? Thank you guys!

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #119 on: October 26, 2010, 08:59:24 am »

But it applies only for elves. Humans and dwarves will still bring.

Actually, it applies to all caravans - even human and dwarven caravans will bring more wood logs when they observe your supplies to be low. Try it out some time and you'll see.

Thanks for yours replies!! I forgot to write "trees" for the Elves quota :D

One thing... I want to try the harder part. I have read that I could add a elven liason by edditing the saves. Where can I find information about that? Thank you guys!

That would be this thread.

This should probably be split off into another thread, since it no longer has much to do with the original discussion...
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9