Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Modding help Name of race [Resolved]  (Read 662 times)

Riversand

• Bay Watcher
  • Gem-Tastic!
    • View Profile
Modding help Name of race [Resolved]
« on: October 06, 2010, 07:13:36 pm »

Okay i got a wierd glitch with my race, Shaluri. They have their names in most everything, except when it comes to artifacts and in the testing arena, they come up as 'Nothing'... rather odd.

Creature
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This is something that is seriously aggravating me, will post the entity one right below.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 09:35:35 pm by Riversand »
This is Dwarf Fortress! If we can chuck magma at innocent wildlife, we can do ANYTHING!

It was at this point that I realised that dwarves are actually the essence of chaos. What else can make perpetual motion machines, recursive statues with more building materials than the average tower and has such a short attention span that a damn fine chair can off-set the death of their entire family.

Riversand

• Bay Watcher
  • Gem-Tastic!
    • View Profile
Re: Modding help Name of race
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2010, 07:14:34 pm »

Entity
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
This is Dwarf Fortress! If we can chuck magma at innocent wildlife, we can do ANYTHING!

It was at this point that I realised that dwarves are actually the essence of chaos. What else can make perpetual motion machines, recursive statues with more building materials than the average tower and has such a short attention span that a damn fine chair can off-set the death of their entire family.

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2010, 09:54:24 pm »

--->[TRANSLATION:SHABAST]<---
Change that to dwarf. I think that's the problem there.
EDIT:I could be wrong. But, I'd never know.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 06:22:26 pm by GaxkangtheUnbound »
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

Internet Kraken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2010, 09:57:57 pm »

When you are selecting creautres in arena, you're doing it by caste name. You never defined a caste name for this species.

Add this to the raws;

[CASTE_NAME:shaluri:shalurin:shalurish]
Picture a dwarf, warrior, mechanic, or some other incredibly useful profession. Now picture him dead. That's what infections do.
[NOPAIN] no gain.
Escapist Reveredtour Let's Play.

Riversand

• Bay Watcher
  • Gem-Tastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2010, 02:55:09 am »

When you are selecting creautres in arena, you're doing it by caste name. You never defined a caste name for this species.

Add this to the raws;

Oh bless the toady one, that worked! you are indeed a help. i know it wasn't a big statistic bug, but it was cosmetic, but still important to me.

Jordrake

• Bay Watcher
  • Swabbie-Poet of the Good Ship Urist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2010, 12:24:14 pm »

Add this to the raws;

Oh bless the toady one, that worked! you are indeed a help. i know it wasn't a big statistic bug, but it was cosmetic, but still important to me.
I've had the same problem, and I've seen another thread about it, someone ought to put this in a modding FAQ.