Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Random clothes laying around  (Read 4751 times)

fyy0r

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Random clothes laying around
« on: October 06, 2010, 04:05:36 pm »

I've got random clothes lying on the ground, like "pig tail fiber shoes" and "cave spider silk sock", how do I put these in a stockpile?  I tried throwing them in a dump but nobody picks them up.

gtmattz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:BEARD]
    • View Profile
Re: Random clothes laying around
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2010, 04:08:42 pm »

You cannot do anything with them, unfortunately, as they are clothes that are the possession of a dwarf.  The best you can do is give the dwarf who owns the clothing a cabinet to store it in, and hope the dwarf decides to put it away.  The other thing you can do is hide them so that you dont see them and get bothered by them.
Quote from: Hyndis
Just try it! Its not like you die IRL if Urist McMiner falls into magma.

MightyRavendark

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2011, 01:32:49 am »

Although you can't actually get rid of the items, nor can you build bridges over them, you can build atom smashers on the same z-level, then have bridges built right over the item. What happens is if the items are claimed, the architect will move them to the closest non-occupied space that is not in the range of the bridge to move them from the construction site; because of this, you can arbitrarily move the unmovable items. You don't actually have to finish building the bridge, you just have to get an architect to come and design it then cancel it's construction. In order to get the items to go where you want them, you would just have to make the spot you want them at the closest non-occupied space.

Thorus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2011, 02:16:30 am »

You could try using DFHack, it has an utility "clearowned":

'clearowned' - removes ownership of claimed items, solving problems with worn clothing and military starving out the fort.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91166.0
Thorus likes badgers for their conga lines.

qoou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2011, 04:02:45 am »

Or you could just give your dwarfs cabinets/chests, and let them have some time off to gather their belongings :p.

Lawlcat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2011, 07:55:29 am »

Every dwarf in my fort gets a coffer and a cabinet and still there are clothes everywhere.  They are just messy and don't care to use the space I so kindly provide for them.

Endiqua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2011, 08:36:37 am »

I think coffers are used only to store owned food.  I give each bedroom 2 cabinets and if they have enough idle time, things are generally pretty tidy.  If I don't want to give idle time, d-b-h allows me to carry on without focusing on that stupid sock in the middle of my dining room. 
DF sets out a challenge to us with no explanation and no assistance, and each time we fail it becomes more merciless, but we continue in the hopes that we can show it, "See?  I'm doing good, right?  I kept the little men alive!  You're proud of me, right?"

Thorus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2011, 08:38:31 am »

Dwarf children don't care if their stuff is laying around. I think its because, they have item hauling not enabled but still do own items.

Just check the owner of the item.
Thorus likes badgers for their conga lines.

Mister Always

• Bay Watcher
  • SQUARE-GO LIKE
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2011, 04:27:27 pm »

Dwarf children don't care if their stuff is laying around. I think its because, they have item hauling not enabled but still do own items.

Just check the owner of the item.

Kids are messy in general...
"""The ability to quote is a serviceable substitute for wit." - W. Somerset Maugham" -Forumite" -Mister Always