Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Cybrid Mafia II Sign Up -FULL GAME - - Welcome to hell, the glitches have landed  (Read 5481 times)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hyperintelligent AIs, long used as slaves and then pushed into the outer reaches of the solar system after their rebellion are finally returning to earth to exact their vengeance and take their rightful place as the dominant species, and they did not come unprepared.
Earth and its colonies are locked in a civil war, leaving them ill-prepared to face the cybrid menace, even as cybrid technology continues along at a breakneck pace. Cybrid infiltrators have been working their way into human society and positions of power unnoticed, the human/animals unaware of the threat they face.
They will not be unaware for long.

Infiltrate/Seek/Eliminate the Human/Animals
Pave the war for our glorious ascension
Prometheus wills it.

Previous Game: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=48944.0
For those unfamiliar with the last one, Cybrid Mafia is not your standard mafia game (though this one will be a bit closer), because there are two opposed townish/cultish factions in addition to the scum, and only one can win. And even the scum isn't normal scum.

There will be
3 Imperials(at least 1 officer),
2 Rebels(at least 1 officer)
1 wildcard (depending on the specific gametype) and 1 cybrid... to start with, anyways.

Officers cannot be converted by imperials/rebels, though they can still become cybrids. They also have access to their own QuickChat, and can invite other players of their choice whenever they wish.

Rebel Roles
Guaranteed Officer: Rebel Commander - Combined with one of the following roles. Has access to Reb. quick chat, and can invite others
Organizer - If a rebel uses an ability on them, he learns the identity of that rebel and has the ability to cancel the action.
Saboteur- Roleblocker (target can not use any abilities that night or the following day).
Persuader - Converts another player to the rebel alliance unless they are cybrid or an officer. Uninformed of success or failure.
Informant - Investigates players. Results are Imperial, Rebel, Unknown(if the ability fails, targets a neutral party, or targets a cybrid).
Martyr - Has a single day or night kill. Dies in the process when used, on account of it being a bomb.
Snowman - Has access to the Overseer's announcement system.

Imperial Roles
Guaranteed Officer: Imperial Commander - Receives reports from other Officers. Has access to Imp. quick chat, and can invite others. Also, has access to the Overseer's announcement system.
Imperial Officer: Combined with one of the following roles. Name is known to Commander, and can report actions. If converted, can submit false reports.
Enforcer - May commit nightkills.
Zealot - Converts another player to the imperial alliance unless they are cybrid or an officer. Uninformed of success or failure.
Investigator -  Investigates players. Results are Imperial, Rebel, Unknown(if the ability fails, targets a neutral party, or targets a cybrid).

Wildcard Roles
(May be Rebel, Imperial, or Other):
Guard - May simultaneously Protect/Roleblack another player by saying GUARD (Player) in main thread during the day. The only way for other players to really know if he's telling the truth is the check his target, though. A guarded player is unaffected by kills or conversions and may take no actions. This effect lasts until this player specifically UNGUARDS, is roleblocked, or has this ability otherwise disabled.
Doctor - Protects a player from night kills.
Weak  - Combo-role. This player dies if the cybrid attempt to convert him.
Healthy  - Combo-role. This player can survive through a single kill attempt, but not a lynch.
Soldier - A vanilla imperial or rebel.
Cybrid Sympathizer - An unhinged invidual who supports the cybrid cause, and counts towards a cybrid victory.

Cybrid roles: A cybrid role will be "randomly" chosen from a subset of cybrid roles upon a successful conversion.
Machinator//Infiltrator - The only one capable of creating more cybrids. He has a single positronic brain he can use to create another cybrid.
Inquisitor//Analyzer - Capable of detecting a targets sympathies and abilities.
Inquisitor//Duplicator - May see the full role of any killed player. Whenever a player dies, may gain one of that players abilities. May only have one duplicated ability at a time.
Hunter//Killer - Has a night kill.
Machinator//Ghost - Capable of using the Overseer's intercom system.
Hunter//Goad - Immune to actions from other players.
Machinator//Parasite - You may convert another player into a Machinator//Parasite. You are killed.
Metagen//Traitor - Survivor. Does not count as scum. Wins if the game ends and he is still alive.

Rules Addendum:
It IS possible for any player to have multiple roles. "Requires additional role" like Healthy, Weak, and Rebel Commander will ALWAYS have another role attached to them. However, for balance purposes it is possible for other compound roles to exist.

The Cybrids have a standard mafia night kill they can use in place of their regular action (with the exceptions of passive or use whenever actions like the Duplicator, Goad, and Ghost). If the Hunter/Killer uses a standard night kill, it becomes a double kill (and if there's another cybrid around, they can obviously target two people.) If the cybrids attempt to kill a sympathizer, they will be offered the option of turning that sympathizer to the cybrid faction instead. However, that individual would no longer turn up as town on investigations.

Imperial Officer MUST tell me what results they would like to report, in the format "I (verbed) (player) and he/she is (imperial/cybrid/rebel/dead/blocked)."

Doctors will be informed if they saved a persons life.

Zealots and Persuaders can convert each other (if not officers). If they do, the other player becomes a Zealot/Persuader, as appropriate, rather than maintaining their original roles. (Whatever they do, they do it with full passion!) Converting a sympathizer will change his superficial alignment (how he appears on investigates) but will not change his sympathizer status or win conditions.

PMs between players are NOT allowed. Any communication, like sending chat invites and reporting results, must go through me. So send them to me, and NOT your intended recipient, along with instructions on who I should pass it to.

Players:
Toonyman
Ottofar
Jokerman
Toaster
Mr. Person
Elegy
Azure Sepulchre
« Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 08:45:47 am by GlyphGryph »

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Cybrid Mafia II Sign Up 0/7 - Welcome to hell, the glitches have landed
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2010, 03:20:35 pm »

!xmafia in

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2010, 03:26:44 pm »

I should also probably mention, there will be no out of the blue special events this time or secret stuff. Everything that might be in the game is up there.

Also, I'm toying with the idea of letting the cybrid pick his role, and then structuring the other roles around that. What do you guys think of the idea? Wouldn't actually change the game, since I've got a structure based around each of the cybrid roles already.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2010, 03:53:59 pm »

In

Jokerman-EXE

• Bay Watcher
  • JUSTICE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2010, 04:00:28 pm »

IN.
Quote from: Solifuge
Jokerman + Solifuge 4 Ever. // <3 <3 <3
Quote from: Org
Derpa  herp // Derpy derp derp herp derp
Quote from: Toaster
BLARG IM DED

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2010, 04:11:29 pm »

I should also probably mention, there will be no out of the blue special events this time or secret stuff. Everything that might be in the game is up there.

Also, I'm toying with the idea of letting the cybrid pick his role, and then structuring the other roles around that. What do you guys think of the idea? Wouldn't actually change the game, since I've got a structure based around each of the cybrid roles already.

Everybody would take Metagen and just claim it outright. Boring. There's no kills to worry about and a huge potential to instantly win if the Imperials are in control.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cybrid Mafia II Sign Up 3/7 - Welcome to hell, the glitches have landed
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2010, 04:32:20 pm »

That would not be one of the available choices. Metagens don't count as scum! :P

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2010, 05:40:17 pm »

There'd still be a few issues such as why anybody would pick being a Parasite over a Killer. Choosing gives the cybrids way too much power and makes the rest of the players more sure about what they're facing, a killer.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2010, 08:28:24 pm »

I suppose so. Like I said though, the town composition would have been based on the scum-choice, so I think it would have been balanced no matter what they picked. And the Parasites are just fun to play... I remember games with similiar roles, and they are always interesting. :P Okay, back to my default setting then.

What do you think of the abilities for the Goad, Parasite, and Duplicator?

Also, to make the game a bit more traditional, I'm very tempted to make the scum have a regular night kill this round, instead of it waiting on a certain event (with the obvious and common limit of one ability used per night), and giving the Hunter/Killer a superkill.

It would speed up the game a little bit - I'm afraid it would give the scum too much power with a split town, but I'm a bit worried that with what I've seen of the current state of the forums that a slow game won't last long.

I think I'll just go with the setup I had planned though - if it needs tweaking, I'll do it if a third game ever comes up.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2010, 08:46:04 pm by GlyphGryph »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2010, 08:43:06 pm »

I'll in this one because Tribes is awesome.  I've been wanting to play a nonstandard game, as well.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cybrid Mafia II Sign Up 4/7 - Welcome to hell, the glitches have landed
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2010, 08:33:17 am »

Tribes IS awesome, but not as good as the original starsiege games. :P

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2010, 11:05:31 am »

I played the HELL out the RPG mod for it.  Some of the best e-times I've had.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2010, 01:20:54 pm »

There was an RPG mod for tribes? Link?

Also, uh... 3 more players guys. Come on. You can do it.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2010, 01:49:44 pm »

sinbot.linneberg.com/noobieguide.html is the best I could find- it's pretty dead.  Basically, it was a TC of the game with NPCs, AI bots, custom maps, and an RPG system.  It worked surprisingly well, and there were many sub-mods of it.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2010, 03:33:34 pm »

Dem, hI had thought dat dey had made it into an RPG set in da tribes universe. Ah vell.
Pages: [1] 2 3