Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: bug? maybe? i'm not sure but it's a problem.  (Read 1192 times)

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
bug? maybe? i'm not sure but it's a problem.
« on: October 06, 2010, 02:00:09 am »

I may have mentioned this in another thread, i'm not sure at the moment, but I know if I did it wasn't answered. Anyway, i recently genned a world where there are like 5 dwarf cities with two civs, 1 elf city, and like 60 or 70 human cities split between 2 civs. I made a dwarf and proceeded to kill two bronze collossi, a hydra, over 90 people in the elven city includeing their queen, princess, druid, and an acolyte. Yet only two people will join me at a time for some reason.
Note, this kill count does not include the many animal's I killed, also if it effects anything I killed the collossi and hydra on quests, I did not return the second bronze collossus quest as elves gave it to me, I didn't see it immediately, right before I began my slaughter.
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

Kobold Troubadour

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUSICALITY: +-]
    • View Profile
Re: bug? maybe? i'm not sure but it's a problem.
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2010, 02:30:43 am »

I'm not too sure but I think the number of companions you can have is a bit bugged right for quite a while now through different versions as is your experience.

Try losing the ones you currently have (as in get them lost in the woods, not kill them) & recruit some new ones...some tests are required for further study...
[UTTERANCES] kinda' makes it hard for people to understand kobold songs...

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2010, 03:03:00 am »

Did you kill those megabeasts for a quest? I am unsure if common kills add you reputation at all.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2010, 05:37:59 am »

I may have mentioned this in another thread, i'm not sure at the moment, but I know if I did it wasn't answered. Anyway, i recently genned a world where there are like 5 dwarf cities with two civs, 1 elf city, and like 60 or 70 human cities split between 2 civs. I made a dwarf and proceeded to kill two bronze collossi, a hydra, over 90 people in the elven city includeing their queen, princess, druid, and an acolyte. Yet only two people will join me at a time for some reason.
Note, this kill count does not include the many animal's I killed, also if it effects anything I killed the collossi and hydra on quests, I did not return the second bronze collossus quest as elves gave it to me, I didn't see it immediately, right before I began my slaughter.
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2010, 06:24:38 pm »

Do they say you "such enthusiasm for the one like yourself" or something? It means that you're not experienced enough so they think you're weaker.
Or does it say about the party capacity?

I haven't played adv. mode with companions much in the last version, so it could be "fixed" or bugged, but before that all you had to do is to kill 3-4 more megabeasts to get 1-2 more partners.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository