Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Can't get Runesmith to work  (Read 1543 times)

gijoel

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Can't get Runesmith to work
« on: October 05, 2010, 10:54:20 pm »

When ever I fire up Runesmith I get a "Couldn't find suitable process" message and then it won't access dwarf fortress. I've tried this with 40d and 2010 with the same result.

I'm currently running df under windows 7 and it's stored in C:\users\me\mydocuments\installs\games\dwarf fortress.

Anyone got any ideas?

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
Re: Can't get Runesmith to work
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2010, 11:33:59 pm »

what do you mean by version 2010? oh and 40d does not work.

magistrate101

• Bay Watcher
  • That one kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2010, 11:54:27 pm »

hmmmmm maybe because it is OUTDATED for the time being >_> until Peterix gets ALL of the offsets working again runesmith will ever work as it used to :(

gijoel

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2010, 12:55:47 am »

bugger can I get it working on an older version of df? Otherwise my mayor is going to go insane. I've already lost three other dwarves to madness. Pretty soon the halls will ring to 'hasta, hasta, hasta, oi, oi, oi", if I don't get on top of it.

Bloodsheder: latest version 0.31.14

lolghurt

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:failures]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2010, 01:08:27 am »

bugger can I get it working on an older version of df? Otherwise my mayor is going to go insane. I've already lost three other dwarves to madness. Pretty soon the halls will ring to 'hasta, hasta, hasta, oi, oi, oi", if I don't get on top of it.

Bloodsheder: latest version 0.31.14
Runesmith works on versions up to 31.12
Quote from: acetech09 date=1343968486
It's probably made from baby bone, with a handle of baby leather. Probably uses the leg bones wound together for the handle, the pelvis for the handle/pick joint, and the pick is the spine.

But that's all in theory, of course. Not like I've made a pick out of my own 5 month old baby before.