Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Clothing  (Read 713 times)

gralcio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Clothing
« on: October 05, 2010, 11:36:02 am »

My problem is very simple. How to actually tell dwarves to wear anything at all?
They are running kinda naked. Apart from military ones that have designated equipment, that is.

gtmattz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:BEARD]
    • View Profile
Re: Clothing
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2010, 11:39:59 am »

I think that currently there is a bug preventing dwarves from claiming new clothing when their old stuff wears out.  I think we just have to wait for toady to address it.
Quote from: Hyndis
Just try it! Its not like you die IRL if Urist McMiner falls into magma.

gralcio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2010, 11:41:11 am »

So temporary solution would be making all of them military and assigning cloth uniform?

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2010, 12:55:39 pm »

I think that currently there is a bug preventing dwarves from claiming new clothing when their old stuff wears out.  I think we just have to wait for toady to address it.
Oh, they'll claim new clothing just fine, they just won't wear it.  They'll claim it and leave it lying inside your clothier's shop, or littering your trap-lined hallway.  If you build them cabinets in their bedrooms, they'll take their claimed clothing and put it away eventually, but they'll never actually put any of it on.

You might be able to get them to wear uniforms with the military uniform screen.  The challenge there will be that you can't actually assign them uniforms made up of clothing that is owned, so you may have to make enough clothing for everyone to claim some and then have enough left over to assign as uniforms for them to actually wear.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Haus Party

• Bay Watcher
  • Haus cancels Write paper: Taken by Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2010, 06:29:23 pm »

Whatever. Nudist Fortress! Beard clothing!

Rastaan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2010, 09:09:49 pm »

Whatever. Nudist Fortress! Beard clothing!

I knit clothes out of my beard all the time.

gralcio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2010, 01:11:26 am »

You might be able to get them to wear uniforms with the military uniform screen.  The challenge there will be that you can't actually assign them uniforms made up of clothing that is owned, so you may have to make enough clothing for everyone to claim some and then have enough left over to assign as uniforms for them to actually wear.

I see 174 dwarves with pickup equipment job. Ugh.

And uhm, it is helpful if they wear something, as they like to wander into my danger-room-barracks from time to time and end up losing ears.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 01:13:56 am by gralcio »