Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Seed hunt! (magma+glacier+terrifying)  (Read 1214 times)

elipsis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Seed hunt! (magma+glacier+terrifying)
« on: December 19, 2007, 03:34:00 pm »

I'm hunting for a seed that has a terrifying (that's the worst right?) glacier with a lava vent. Preferably I'd like one that doesn't feature any other terrain types as I want as few environmental factors as possible lagging things up.

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
Re: Seed hunt! (magma+glacier+terrifying)
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2007, 03:36:00 pm »

I've got a tundra that has magm and skeletal things, along with access to all Civs. Want the seed/location?
As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

elipsis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2007, 04:06:00 pm »

Sure! I may get impatient hunting for a glacer.

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2007, 04:48:00 pm »

code:
 [WORLD_GEN]
   [TITLE:STANDARD]
   [SEED:1317608902]

It's got everything a DF player would want, magma, lots of ores, flux (not alot, but enough for minor steel making) Soil, and dangerous wildlife for some fun.

No chasm as far as I know.

It's also very fast for it's size, I average about 80-120 fps, even with a large fortress of about 40 dwarves.

Note: Sorry for not getting a picture of the area without a fortress, I didnt want to make a new world just to get the area naturally.

[ December 19, 2007: Message edited by: Torak ]

As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2007, 12:13:00 am »

terrifying tends (in my experience) to have 'evil' creatures (like blizzard men and  stranglers and werewolves and such) but little to no undead. Haunted and sinister tend to have more undead. Which is worse is a matter of opinion, I suppose - zombies are much, much weaker then living creatures but skeletons are much stronger.
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

Balathustrius

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_SLEEP]
    • View Profile
    • In which I post pictures
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2007, 03:21:00 am »

Ooh, I'm generating on that seed, too.  Thank you, Torak!
You have struck Microcline!

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2007, 09:47:00 pm »

Seed:716854993, random name, 33f only (maybe 33e), 30-40 rejects, XP SP2

There's really nothing to say that isn't in the picture other than that there's Sandstone, Quartzite and Aquifer in the nearest other biome to the west.

Edit: Oh, right, all civs and only slopes, no cliffs.

[ December 20, 2007: Message edited by: Ziusudra ]

Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2007, 04:37:00 pm »

If you don't mind the lack of terrifying, seed 0 has a perfectly flat tundra volcano near the bottom left.
Eh?
Eh!

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2007, 02:16:00 pm »

Seed 1010101 has a large evil volcanic glacier/tundra on the northeast area of the map. You can get several sites in there on the edges that have sand and magma and ice. Sadly, most of it is only sinister so it isn't that dangerous. The sites I looked at only had werewolves and lots of muskoxen.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link