Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Theives found at edge of map stay there.  (Read 441 times)

Sir Blue

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Theives found at edge of map stay there.
« on: March 14, 2008, 07:38:00 pm »

I looked through the reported bugs section, so hopefully I didn't miss it or anything.

Anyways, when a goblin or kobold thief is found within a few squares of the edge of the map by say a unicorn or raccoon or something (hate unicorns, always getting caught in traps), the thief just stays there.  They'll maybe move a square or two, but they will remain in that location and will not try to run away or advance on your fortress.  The only way to get rid of them was to send a military dwarf over to slaughter them.  

By a few squares I mean five or so.

On a side note, should raccoons even be revealing thieves anyways?  

Hopefully this hasn't been reported before.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
Re: Theives found at edge of map stay there.
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2008, 08:44:00 pm »

The hidden state isn't kept for the various units/groups that could be trying to find or that bump into the thief, so it isn't possibly to make a distinction without an overhaul.

Do you have a save with the thief after it has been discovered?  Once they are discovered they should try to run off, but they could be confused in whatever way.

toadyone@bay12games.com or somewhere downloadable
region folder in some kind of zip/rar/7z
any new objects that were added to the raw folder

The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Sir Blue

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Theives found at edge of map stay there.
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2008, 09:42:00 pm »

I have one a year or two after the event occurred, but I can keep an eye out for the next time it happens (unicorns seem to reveal them at the edge of the map a lot on my current fort) and I'll save it and give it to you then if you want.

(I'm new to the whole df thing so I pretty noobish when it comes to the technical stuff)