Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarves? Cleaning??  (Read 878 times)

WrathNail

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: too awesome to use]
    • View Profile
Dwarves? Cleaning??
« on: October 04, 2010, 06:23:36 pm »

What is this madness?! I call elf trickery.

Seriously, the first thing I saw after importing my .14 save into .16 was dwarves rushing out of the meeting hall to clean up the gory mess around the front gate. That includes blood, vomit and dustings of sandy clay. What.
And we, build up castles
in the sky and in the sand.
Design our own world
ain't nobody understand.

Lytha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarves? Cleaning??
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2010, 06:53:35 pm »

Yeah, I've seen dwarves run to clean off various things as well, but in a 31.14 fortress.

Things that they cleaned:

- rhesus macaque blood that had somehow found a way into my prospective plant stockpile area during that erm accident with the freezing river and the prospective tree farm and the door and the gap in the wall.

- molten ice. It was one of those maps with rivers that turn into ice for the better part of the year. I naturally used that ice to build the fortress' walls with it, but some of it did melt away. I was baffled when I did see the suicidal little bastards run into the (yet) frozen river to clean up the molten ice, oblivious to the fact that this river was about to turn into water any minute.
Lytha likes fire clay, rose gold, green glass, bags, the colour midnight blue, and cats for their aloofness. When possible, she prefers to consume tea and cow cheese.

CapnUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Sure, it's safe to drink!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2010, 06:53:58 pm »

Throw those blasphemers into the holy pits to Armok.

Or, you know, just turn the cleaning labor off. Either way.
"My doctor says I have a malformed public duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fiber [...] and that I am therefore excused from saving Universes."

WrathNail

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: too awesome to use]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2010, 04:32:42 am »

Throw those blasphemers into the holy pits to Armok.

Or, you know, just turn the cleaning labor off. Either way.

Oh it's not that I don't like what I see, just the fact that within a month my fortress was sparkly clean was something that made me blink for a second.

Also, this: Urist McNeat-freak cancels Clean: Dangerous terrain. Turns out the dumbass was trying to clean up some magma laced with magma sitting in a filled-up magma channel somewhere.
And we, build up castles
in the sky and in the sand.
Design our own world
ain't nobody understand.

gralcio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2010, 04:57:44 am »

My fortress has almost 300 dwarves atm.
After I imported over half of them ran to outside ponds deciding it's a nice time to enjoy a bath or two. It was pure madness....