Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11

Author Topic: Deathwatch - Space Marine P&P Roleplaying - Signups  (Read 12559 times)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: Deathwatch - Space Marine P&P Roleplaying - Signups
« Reply #75 on: December 02, 2010, 02:06:28 pm »

Anyway, Friday's going to be the best day for it, I'm going to tentatively say 5 or 6 PM.  Aqizzar apparently won't be able to make it for two weeks, so if you guys can handle another two weeks we can get together to make the characters and stuff in the meantime.

Actually, I might be able to make 5-6PM tomorrow.  Uh, 5-6PM my time, which doesn't matter that much.  If I'm not online though, I'm probably not going to be.

That said, I have to actually make a character and read the rules and stuff, which could take a little while.  Especially that climb over "Solo vs Team" mountain.

Now someone explain to me why the book that's more expressly about fighting aliens that any other doesn't include more information about Eldar and Orks.

Technically Orkz and Eldar are already statted in other books, but those ones are kind of weak.  Solo vs. Team isn't that complicated although I remember thinking it would be.

Aqizzar is in Texas, so GMT-6.
Shoes...

JagoBallium

• Bay Watcher
  • Bringer of the Dawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 02, 2010, 02:13:42 pm »

Is it necessary to own the Deathwatch rulesbook? I know it would help to have it handy but an explanation would be as good as any for me. I should be good for tomorrow as well, it'd be 4-5 pm at GMT-5

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 02, 2010, 02:18:10 pm »

You don't need it, but the fewer people I have to teach to play the better.

If you intend to join, you need to join the Hamachi server.

Name:  B12DW
Pass:   bay12

If you don't join, I'm going to assume you're not interested.  Also, you can't actually join the maptool server if you're not in the Hamachi group.
Shoes...

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #78 on: December 02, 2010, 02:25:14 pm »

I'm curious: Why are we using hamachi to connect to the maptool server? It works fine without it in my experience.

Sneevil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 02, 2010, 02:43:11 pm »

hmm i think it solves lag we have with the different continents and all

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #80 on: December 02, 2010, 02:46:04 pm »

hmm i think it solves lag we have with the different continents and all
I don't see how. Hamachi is nothing more than a VPN.

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 02, 2010, 02:50:37 pm »

I'm pretty sure it emulates a LAN, which would give almost no lag.

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 02, 2010, 02:51:24 pm »

5-6 pm GMT-5 or 6 means I won't be able to play this. I'm going to bed too late as it is, any excuse to stay up longer is a bad idea.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #83 on: December 02, 2010, 02:56:25 pm »

I'm pretty sure it emulates a LAN, which would give almost no lag.
Okay, I don't mean to offend you but that makes no sense. It isn't a magical technology that can make electrons move faster. Lag comes from the distance between us and the number of 'steps' between the various points, steps being the routers and switches the signal has to pass through.

A VPN does emulate a LAN but it cannot magically zap your signals around the globe any faster. It doesn't reduce the distance, or the number of steps, it just handles the routing and tells your computer that this is really an Ethernet connection, fooling it into thinking you have the computers cabled together locally. The high ping times and lag are still there, especially for any connection from one continent to another.

I use maptool once a week at least, and the players I play with are scattered around the world. Two are here in the US, three are in the UK. It works fine. I'm not saying I mind using hamachi, I was just curious why we were doing so.

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 02, 2010, 03:04:40 pm »

It's ok, I got my explanation second-hand from Cthulhu.
Also, Fridays at 5-6 GMT-5 or 6 or whatever are fine with me, just message me on these forums about 10 minutes before we're supposed to start because I may get times mixed up.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 03:08:47 pm by NewsMuffin »

Sneevil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 02, 2010, 03:18:55 pm »

well that should work out for me its kind of late but i don't have jack to do on saturday
« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 05:19:01 pm by Sneevil »

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 02, 2010, 04:57:34 pm »

That's perfect for me. after all:
Timezone: GMT+10 (effectively GMT+11 because of Damn Bloody Daylight Savings Time)
Times available: Saturdays ~9AM onwards, all other days ~5 or 6PM 'til ~9 or 10.
Times available (converted to GMT -5): most Fridays ~5PM onwards, all other days ~1 or 2AM 'til ~5 or 6.
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 02, 2010, 06:18:50 pm »

Links!
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 02, 2010, 06:18:57 pm »

Great, great.  Anyway, the reason we're using a VPN is because I have port issues that won't seem to respond to the normal fixes.  Also since Hamachi has a chat system we can get in touch with people more easily.
Shoes...

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 02, 2010, 06:29:30 pm »

Oh yeah... Apart from my character, what will I need to have to be able to play?
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11