Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11

Author Topic: Deathwatch - Space Marine P&P Roleplaying - Signups  (Read 12524 times)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Deathwatch - Space Marine P&P Roleplaying - Signups
« on: October 04, 2010, 01:36:39 pm »

I know I have a bit of a bad reputation on this kind of thing, but I've been thinking, and I think I've solved my problem.  Mainly, jumping the gun and getting started before I have any idea what's going to happen, causing me to burn out when the players start catching up and I find myself working constantly to stay ahead of them.  I didn't jump the gun this time, I have the entire first arc of the campaign (Which is self-contained and could serve as a hopefully entertaining mini-campaign all by itself) ready to assemble as soon as it's needed, and some ideas for the next part of it.

Anyway, enough trying to sell the idea to you guys because I'm afraid everyone thinks I'm a flake and no one will join because I'll flake.  It's Deathwatch Time.

Deathwatch is the third RPG in the Warhammer 40k RPG lineup, and the one that finally brings Spess Mehrens into the mix.  Even better, you are full-on fluff marines.  Not those silly guys from the tabletop that can die to lasrifles, but the superhuman killing machines of 40k novels.  You spit acid, eat dirt, absorb the memories of your foes by eating them, laugh off concentrated volleys of gunfire, and you can rip a guy's head off with your bare hands.  As alien-hunters and slayers without peer even among your fellow Astartes, you were seconded to the Deathwatch:  An elite multi-chapter force that serves the Ordo Xenos.  As Deathwatch, you will be expected to undertake missions even the Space Marines would find ridiculous and suicidal.  Make no mistake, the enemies of mankind are savage and implacable.  You may be a massively bionic, hard-boiled terminator type, but if you underestimate your enemies you will die.  Even if you don't underestimate them, your odds of surviving are pretty slim, but even then, you can make a difference in the universe and the Emperor will be proud.

That's the basic premise of the game.  In a nutshell, you are a Deathwatch Space Marine, and you go out and give the enemies of mankind everything you've got.  That's not to say it's all combat though, you can also expect to serve as a bodyguard on diplomatic missions or investigations of xenos ruins, a rudimentary investigator if for some reason the Inquisition was unable to uncover your target, and in a warzone you'll have to deal with the other branches of the Imperial Military, some of whom will be unwilling to cooperate with those jerks in the power armor who always steal all the glory.

I'm looking for four or five people, anything in the rulebook generally goes (Although I dislike Wolf Wolfs and ULTIMAROONS you have my blessing to play them if you want).  There are also some other chapters being set up by people, namely Salamanders, Iron Hands, and Scythes of the Emperor; I'll accept them if you let me read them and they sound alright.  If you have the book you can make the character on your own time. As for the people who don't have the book, we'll set up a time to get together and I'll get you straightened out.  If you have the book feel free to join us anyway, we can have a big character creation fest.  Beforehand though you should have an idea of what you want to be, and I'll list the choices:

Spoiler: Available Chapters (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Specialties (click to show/hide)

That's the gist of it.  The best day I'm guessing would probably be Friday, I have stuff on Saturdays and Thursdays and Wednesdays, although I might be free on Sunday.  If you're interested post.

You live in Watch Fortress Erioch, Jericho Reach, and this place is about to experience real change.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2010, 03:17:49 am by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: Deathwatch - Abhor the hell out of those xenos. Interest check/signups
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2010, 10:45:47 pm »

Reserved for Important Stuff.

Also damn guys, no interest at all?
Shoes...

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2010, 08:37:54 am »

nevarmind
« Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 11:37:09 am by maxicaxi »
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2010, 10:20:49 am »

I'm interested. Not sure which chapter to go for, though.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

Xanatos Jr.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2010, 01:20:28 pm »

INTEREST, HO!
"My Little Space Marine"
Featuring a precocious chapter librarian, his pet servitor, and their wacky bunch of battle-brothers.  Watch as they learn the true meaning of undying devotion to the Emperor while creatively solving conflicts both in the ranks and on the battlefield.

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
  • Innocence proves nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2010, 01:25:43 pm »

Question is, will this game be a play by post or would we have to meet in some chat?

A Raven guard guy would be pretty neat..

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2010, 02:30:41 pm »

It'll be in maptool.  There's no stats for Raven Guard right now but you might be able to ask around in /tg/, some of them have homebrew ones set up.
Shoes...

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: Deathwatch - Space Marine P&P Roleplaying - Signups
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2010, 03:08:53 am »

I'm reviving this.

Akigagak and Aqizzar have expressed interest, and I know there are at least a few more people who would probably want to play.  I have some pretty awesome stuff brewing for the campaign, it should be cool.

Post if you want to play, with times available.  The game'll be in maptool.  My best day is probably Friday or Saturday afternoon, and I'm on GMT-5
Shoes...

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2010, 03:10:15 am »

I might play. It depends on how often the Western Marches game is on Saturdays.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2010, 02:51:41 pm »

Okay cool, that puts us at three.
Shoes...

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2010, 02:53:50 pm »

What, no word bearers?!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2010, 02:57:54 pm »

More seriously, I am absolutely interested. I also have absolutely no idea how to play (rules-wise anyway).

How exactly would this work?

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2010, 03:01:29 pm »

I'm interested, Blood Angel Devistator!
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2010, 03:02:19 pm »

By the way... Techmarine

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2010, 08:24:09 pm »

I would really like to join, but I don't have the DeathWatch book, and I'm pretty sure it's not free.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11