Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11

Author Topic: Deathwatch - Space Marine P&P Roleplaying - Signups  (Read 12526 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Deathwatch - Space Marine P&P Roleplaying - Signups
« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2010, 07:57:37 am »

I know I'm going techmarine. I haven't had time yet to run through all of the rules but will do so probably today.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2010, 08:47:23 am »

I am going to steal the Space wolf spot, and try and get Assault marine, so that I can also claim something for the wolf claws (spec'd lightning claws).

I'll flip you for it, Archangel.

Edit: Also, Kudos to Cthufo for making an RP. We haven't had an RP here for half a year or something.
One which wasn't run by armok.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 08:54:55 am by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Sneevil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2010, 02:19:49 pm »

say is char creation the same as in DH but with a different stat bonus?

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2010, 02:43:42 pm »

I'm guessing yes, but I haven't thoroughly read the rulebook as much as I'd have liked.

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 01, 2010, 09:46:16 pm »

I'll flip you for it, Archangel.
I'm sticking with what I've got no matter what, partly because I've nearly finished, but more importantly because it is the character I want.

We should be able to have two Assault Marines no problem, as long as there is an Apothecary, and Techmarine, (both of which we appear to have) and probably a Librarian and at least one Devastator.
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2010, 09:47:44 pm »

I have some free time now so I'm going to resume reading through the rules.

Fake Edit: Also I just got through playing Dawn of War 2 again so I'm definitely in the mindset.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 01, 2010, 10:01:42 pm »

Yeah, can we have two assault marines?
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 01, 2010, 10:36:53 pm »

I suppose.  Are you guys not going to have any tac marines at all?

Hamachi server's up, B12DW, password bay12.

It may be a while before I can get this going, I've got a lot of computer stuff coming up.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 10:39:12 pm by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

Burnt Pies

• Bay Watcher
  • Captain Brunch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 01, 2010, 10:38:21 pm »

Depending on the times that are agreed on, I might be able to play.

If I do, I'll go tac marine.
I can read box now
Also, I am a bit drunk
Refrigerator

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 01, 2010, 10:50:00 pm »

I'll start rolling up a Devastator.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #40 on: December 01, 2010, 10:53:06 pm »

Reading through the organization of the Space Marines, I decided to make a handy write-up for anyone who hasn't.

Scout Squad - This is where you join the chapter. You are new and inexperienced, but already a fearsome warrior. You have trained from the tender age of 10 years old in the arts of combat and war. You are eager to prove yourself, but still have much to learn. If you survive and you learn, you will eventually join a....

Devastator Squad - Your first experience with Power Armor! At first you are relegated to a support role, wielding an ordinary bolter and defending your battle-brothers while they blaze away with heavy arms. You are thrown into the thickest fire, the most dangerous battles; devastator squads are called upon when assaulting fortified positions or enemy armored units. Should you survive the odds and impress your leaders, you are eventually promoted into a...

Assault Squad - You are Humanity's fury, the Right Hand of the Emperor. You embrace the controlled savagery that is hand-to-hand combat and stand with the titans of the Imperium. Your jump pack hurls you at your foes so that your chain sword may taste their flesh, and yours is the job of cutting a path to victory through the enemy ranks. You are the first ones in and the last to leave, the point of the spearhead driving towards your foe's heart. Should you endure this brutal duty and emerge alive and victorious, one day you shall be moved into a...

Tactical Squad - Until now your approach to warfare had been the application of overwhelming force. While this approach does have its place, the judicious application of that force tempered by wisdom and tactics is what you will learn in the Tactical Squad. Your squad carried mixed armaments with a focus on flexibility and adaptability, because the Tactical Squad is the backbone of the Chapter. After service in the Tactical Squad, having served in a hundred campaigns, and fought a thousand battles, you have accumulated the wisdom and experience to fight in the...

Veteran Company - Whether clad in Terminator armor or more ordinary powered armor, you are a force to be reckoned with. Behind your eyes sits an entity which knows only war; whose every breath is fear for the enemy and whose deeds and exploits are chapter legend. Should you survive the many centuries of warfare to reach this point, you will be hailed as one of the Chapter's rarest and most precious members. The Veteran Squad is capable of turning back entire armies, and routing whole worlds when necessary. They are the Emperor's Chosen. They are the true Astartes. They are the Space Marines.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 01, 2010, 11:01:42 pm »

Yes, but this is deathwatch.

We're all Xeno Ordones.

If that's how you spell it.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #42 on: December 01, 2010, 11:06:16 pm »

Yes, but this is deathwatch.

We're all Xeno Ordones.

If that's how you spell it.
I know, I just thought it may be helpful in roleplaying...

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 01, 2010, 11:10:05 pm »

Not for me! I wanna be a Long Fang!

Woooo Wolfies!

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 01, 2010, 11:32:58 pm »

Wait, according to that, how would you become the Devastator with the big gun?
Also, I'm decided on being a Storm Warden Devastator. Let's hope I roll high on my weapon and ballistic skill.
Heh, I'll bet any of you money that my DH character has a higher WS than at least one marine.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11