Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11

Author Topic: Deathwatch - Space Marine P&P Roleplaying - Signups  (Read 12555 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Deathwatch - Space Marine P&P Roleplaying - Signups
« Reply #105 on: December 03, 2010, 03:53:32 pm »

I'll read some more over the rules in meantime, see you guys in a bit

Sneevil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 03, 2010, 03:57:50 pm »

damn now i calculated the time it is going to get pretty late for me so what about starting the next games maybe an hour earlier? no problem if it isn't possible

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 03, 2010, 05:01:32 pm »

I don't know if I'll be able to join today, partly because I haven't quite finished my character, but more importantly because of Hamachi. I have no idea if it will work and until my father tries to get it running, I won't find out. (The only computers I have access to and are connected to the internet have Linux and only Linux)
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

JagoBallium

• Bay Watcher
  • Bringer of the Dawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 03, 2010, 06:45:02 pm »

No idea what happened. It won't let me connect to hamachi or maptool for some reason.

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 03, 2010, 07:02:21 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 03, 2010, 07:17:31 pm »

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 03, 2010, 08:03:57 pm »

I hope this is correct and finished. If it is, all I need to do now is persuade my father to get Hamachi and MapTool working.
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 03, 2010, 11:33:19 pm »

Okay, next week, we really need to streamline our combat rolls.  That got pretty damn tedious.  But also fun.

Except for concrete genemarines.
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 03, 2010, 11:35:30 pm »

Except for concrete genemarines.

Maybe during combat, you can only do in-character things, such as shouting and fighting, unless Cthulhu really screws up on something.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 03, 2010, 11:37:03 pm »

We weren't supposed to be blabbering the whole time anyway, I don't know how making a rule is going to stop that.

Although taking a three minute break so Cthulhu and I could tard out on Homestuck was totally our bad.

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 03, 2010, 11:39:52 pm »

Yeah, I guess you're right.
Hurm Stork, watz dat? Don't worry, I know what it is.

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 03, 2010, 11:41:24 pm »

Hopefully I will be able to join you next time. Will someone be posting a log?
My full sig

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 03, 2010, 11:49:04 pm »

I completely forgot to grab it.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 04, 2010, 12:59:19 am »

Well, if Archangel can get things working we might be able to slip him into the game next mission.

Also:  I had an idea.  I don't like the idea of Augury forcing me to give away plot hints on the fly.  I think it would be more interesting if you actually played the Emperor's tarot (That is, draw four cards, flip them one by one.  The first and third cards present a point, and the second and fourth clarify said points) and depending on what your psychic power test is, you can get more precise suggestions on what it means, but other than that you have to figure it out yourself.

For example, rather than "You sense the greatest threat is from outside the hulk.  You sense they already won" it would be something like...

The first card is The Thief.  This represents betrayal, subterfuge.  The greatest threat in the mission uses the cover of darkness to meet their ends

The clarifier is The Outsider.  This suggests the true threat comes from without.  Whether that means physically outside the hulk or something else you can't be sure.

The third card is The Chalice, inverted.  This suggests a grave defeat.  There's no real other way to interpret it.  The card portends failure, or your enemy's victory.

The second clarifier is unreadable.  Something's wrong with the liquid crystal, it must have been damaged, or perhaps the Emperor feels you would be better off not knowing the nature of your failure.

That sounds more fun and more interesting than the regular augury, as well as making it a bit harder for you to just directly glean what's going to happen.
Shoes...

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 04, 2010, 01:24:46 am »

That sounds more fun and more interesting than the regular augury, as well as making it a bit harder for you to just directly glean what's going to happen.

While that does sound awesome, that's one more thing for you to cook up on the fly.  That is, if you want it to be anything but a wasted psychic power.  Are you really sure you want that?  It'd certainly be fun to play with though, so I'd be happy to entertain it next time.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11