Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.16 Released  (Read 65921 times)

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.16 Released
« Reply #60 on: October 05, 2010, 04:18:53 am »

I'm pretty sure the savegame updater is version-specific - I don't think Toady answered this, would like to hear whether this is still required or if older saves are auto converted or what.
AFAIK there is no auto-conversion, the raws of the save stay the same.
I think the updater-batch just updates the save's raws with Toady's Official Changes, as much as they can be updated between versions before requiring a world-gen.
I've never downloaded the Lazy newb pack, but you can read about it at http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/Lazy_Newb_Pack  and http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=59026.0
« Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 04:22:51 am by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Johuotar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Some game projects
« Reply #61 on: October 05, 2010, 04:43:15 am »

The blood spatter fix, I have awaited thee.  ;)
[img height=x width=y]http://LINK TO IMAGE HERE[/img]
The Toad hops in mysterious ways.
This pure mountain spring water is indispensable. Literally. I'm out of paper cups.

zilpin

• Bay Watcher
  • 437 forever!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 05, 2010, 01:19:28 pm »

blood splatter fixed... lag fixed... bone and shell stockpiles...

ALL HAIL THE ALMIGHTY TOAD, FOR HE IS GOOD!

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 05, 2010, 02:58:34 pm »

Another update? No offense Toady_One, but don't you think you should update slower? I barely have any time to get acquainted with these new update!
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

Malorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 05, 2010, 03:28:17 pm »

Another update? No offense Toady_One, but don't you think you should update slower? I barely have any time to get acquainted with these new update!

Quiet!  Don't confuse Toady while he's being productive, who knows what might happen next? We might actually be able to pen animals rather than have them running (and pooping) all over the most decorated halls of our dwarven fathers.  Just think of the possibilities!   8)

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 05, 2010, 06:00:52 pm »

Quiet!  Don't confuse Toady while he's being productive, who knows what might happen next? We might actually be able to pen animals rather than have them running (and pooping) all over the most decorated halls of our dwarven fathers.  Just think of the possibilities!   8)

IIRC, you can use burrows to designate an area for animals; you can also jam them all into one cage.
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 05, 2010, 06:02:53 pm »

IIRC, you can use burrows to designate an area for animals; you can also jam them all into one cage.

Really? I didn't know that.....

vassock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 05, 2010, 06:40:04 pm »

So is this version working properly? No new bugs added after .12?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 05, 2010, 06:50:50 pm »

Nobody has said anything about new bugs, so I would say no.

BCPowers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 05, 2010, 07:22:22 pm »

I'm curious if the economy is ever gonna be back up and running?

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 05, 2010, 07:31:57 pm »

Cheers Toady, keep up the good (and amazing productive rate of) work. Blood splatter removal will be lovely. Genning up a new world soon.

Can't wait for a few more reactions in adventure mode and a bit to do in amongst the sprawl. Should make for some amusingly epic moments.
It's a game. Have fun.

lolghurt

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:failures]
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 05, 2010, 07:51:01 pm »

Cheers Toady, keep up the good (and amazing productive rate of) work. Blood splatter removal will be lovely. Genning up a new world soon.

Can't wait for a few more reactions in adventure mode and a bit to do in amongst the sprawl. Should make for some amusingly epic moments.
It doesn't stop the blood splatter, only stops creatures from walking blood everywhere.
Also for some reason these aren't dead, and i haven't tried any ones older.
Quote from: acetech09 date=1343968486
It's probably made from baby bone, with a handle of baby leather. Probably uses the leg bones wound together for the handle, the pelvis for the handle/pick joint, and the pick is the spine.

But that's all in theory, of course. Not like I've made a pick out of my own 5 month old baby before.

Malorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 05, 2010, 08:48:21 pm »

Second one is true, sadly you can't put animals in burrows through any command I can find, so nogo on that method.  Also they can't breed in cages, so that isn't a good longterm solution.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 08:52:39 pm by Malorn »

vadia

• Bay Watcher
  • tacky picture given the forum; I know.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 05, 2010, 09:19:01 pm »

(animal penning issues)
chain the femmes you want and cage the guys.  it's not 100%, but it works ok.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 05, 2010, 09:25:07 pm »

Second one is true, sadly you can't put animals in burrows through any command I can find, so nogo on that method.  Also they can't breed in cages, so that isn't a good longterm solution.

Oh, I misunderstood what Creamcorn meant by the first one.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15