Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.16 Released  (Read 65904 times)

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.31.16 Released
« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2010, 02:10:10 pm »

Thank you for this release. I probably won't start playing DF right away due to some work related stuff, but thanks, much appreciated.
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Romeofalling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Art of Amul
« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2010, 02:17:27 pm »

Woo-hoo!

Zifnab

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2010, 02:45:31 pm »

I genned a world with 0.31.16, and I think something is broken.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Notice the strange break in the image?  Above its fairly normal.  There is an underwater volcano in a frozen ocean and the caverns breach the beach to the north of the dwarves.  The caverns breach the ocean floor to the southeast of the dwarves.

Below that line though, there is nothing for a long way down.  Then slade, ice, magma, and eerie pits.

I did no modding of any kind.  Just applied some graphics (after the world had already been genned), and messed with a few world gen settings.

bremarv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2010, 02:52:15 pm »

@Turgidtoupee: Or use Dwarf Therapist?

I would but I'm on linux; it's not a huge problem just an annoyance I think should be ironed out

Dwarf Therapist 31.16 memory layouts for linux are out already and I have not had any problems compiling the newest Therapist.
the future isn't the present on steroids. The future is a mutated bacteria that you never saw coming. - Annalee Newitz
there are certain rooms that should not have lava moats. Namely danger room, and daycare rooms.
I prefer dwarves for some things. Like not laying eggs.

Romeofalling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Art of Amul
« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2010, 03:00:23 pm »

There doesn't seem to be an update_savegame.bat in 14-16. Are they unnecessary? Could we get some info on savegame compatibilty from previous versions?

Dante

• Bay Watcher
  • Dante likes cats for their corrupt intentions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 04, 2010, 03:13:56 pm »

Ah, excellent, FPS jump from patchy 20s to smooth 30s.

Perhaps to compensate for that, a giant skinny monkey just ran up from the underworld, breathed necrotic poison all over my dwarves and then went swimming in the magma tanks. If I'd got the pumps up and running just a few months earlier I could have burnt out the infection before it spread. Oh well, next time I suppose.

Iamnobodycl

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 04, 2010, 03:35:23 pm »

New stuff
   (*)added spatter init options (dwarf mode defaults to no walking spread of spatter)
   (*)allowed skull/bone/shell/tooth/horn settings from refuse pile

Best patch ever !?!?!?

Johnny Madhouse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Version 16 World Creation
« Reply #37 on: October 04, 2010, 03:49:37 pm »

I am having difficulty with generating custom worlds, specifically with entity placement. The rejection log is stating 'No controllable entity definitions available' despite none of the races being modded. My world recipe is pretty basic at the moment, with the major changes being many more good/evil biomes and no minimum biome requirements. I also increased the allowed number of subregions and boosted river counts to 800. (Usually I also increase variability by a factor of ten for a more patchwork world but haven't done that yet.)

Could it have something to do with the good and evil counts? For whatever reason, NO civilzations are being placed, even though there are non-savage good aligned areas everywhere.

My recipe:
Useless migrants go the Culling Burrow.

FuzzyDoom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 04, 2010, 03:56:13 pm »

ALL GLORY TO THE (HYPNO) TOAD!
Also bear in mind that dwarves have their heads at a perfect height for a good face-kicking.
That's the great thing about this forum. We can derail any discussion into any other topic.

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 04, 2010, 04:10:42 pm »

I'm scared.. Every time I download the new version another comes out... It is.. too much... menacing with spikes of awesomeToady.. To take....
Spider Overhaul
Adding realistic spiders to Dwarf Fortress. (Discontinued.)

Godhood VIII
The latest installment in the Godhood roleplaying game series.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #40 on: October 04, 2010, 04:12:33 pm »

Sing the praises of the great Toad!
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 04, 2010, 05:06:34 pm »

I believe DF updates qualifying for the "Things that made you happy today thread" in general goes without saying, so I wont bother posting there :P

Good work Toady!
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #42 on: October 04, 2010, 06:15:45 pm »

Me and a friend of mine got a bug similar to zifnabs with .14. we genned a world, and immediately got the "Horrifying screams come from the darkness below" message.  I was waiting to let him upload it, but apparently he was lazy and never did, so I'll do it now.

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=3218 heres the link.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2010, 07:04:04 pm by Angle »

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

Fedor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 04, 2010, 06:49:22 pm »

A quick release that tackled some thorny issues and so doubly appreciated!  GO TOADY ONE!
Fedor Andreev is a citizen of the Federated Endeavor. He is a member of the Wandering Minds.

vassock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 04, 2010, 07:16:57 pm »

So is there any point in regenning in .16 or can I usea .14 genned map with .14 saves?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15