Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10

Author Topic: Prostitution leagal in Canada (soon)  (Read 10615 times)

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
Re: Prostitution leagal in Canada (soon)
« Reply #60 on: October 03, 2010, 07:12:14 pm »

I would save you except for three problems.
1)I'm lazy
2)I don't have a car.
3)I don't care much for the lives of people I don't know well.
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 03, 2010, 07:12:46 pm »

And you know he likes it
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 03, 2010, 07:16:24 pm »

HE MAKES ME DO HIS TAXES

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 03, 2010, 07:17:14 pm »

Hey Criptfeind, could you tell me what 60*356 is real fast?
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 03, 2010, 07:19:35 pm »

But I am a accountant, not a mathematician.

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 03, 2010, 07:22:26 pm »

Well have fun in that basement. Realmfighter, be sure to give him plenty of food and booze while he works. Otherwise he might throw a tantrum.
Because I can"-WolfTengu

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 03, 2010, 07:23:35 pm »

He has not kept any receipts for five years.

Help me

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 03, 2010, 07:37:54 pm »

It's not the sex that should be illegal, it's the buying, and the trafficking. In Sweden, for example, victims of either free to report both abuse and disease without fear of arrest.

This is not going to make it overnight legal to buy slaves. It will make it less economic to do so in fact.

They might not tell you. There could be any number of reasons for them not to - threats to their and their families lives amongst others.
Or maybe, you don't even speak the same language.

Once again, economics will make this make less money.
How?
Or am I misunderstanding what you're saying here?

That makes no sense, it things are accepted and regulated it will become easier to find humain rights violations, not harder.
It will be harder, since they would be buried under a ton of bureaucratic paper work.

But all the issues you have brought up are already here and this will only help to fix them.
That's the point - it won't. It will only hide them, and make it easier for organized crime to hide behind it (the legislature).

This is a good thing for everyone. There will always be prostitutes, and there will alwayss be people who will hire them. Arresting them for that is just stupid, and now both sides will be safer. Now, disease and abuse can be properly reported without fear of arrests and everyone will be better off.
It's not the sex that should be illegal, it's the buying, and the trafficking. In Sweden, for example, victims of either free to report both abuse and disease without fear of arrest.
And this is different from what I said...how?[/quote]
Arresting people for buying sex in not stupid. It is necessary to have sex-buying illegal to stop trafficking and sex slavery.

I think you're just paranoid about this. Someone who's honestly in this nightmare situation would try to do somthing. It's just human nature to try and escape a bad situation through any avenue, and someone would notice if their prostitute seemed abused in mind or body.
No, it's not. In fact, unless you count suicide as an escape-way, it's human nature to cope with bad situations rather than trying to escape them. This is the same reason why abused wives (and husbands) so seldom leave their significant other.

No one is arguing the legalization of human trafficing.
You are, in an indirect way. Legalisation of prostitution would make it easier for traffickers/sex slavers to conduct their "business". You have to view the whole scope of things, not just how it will effect your navel area.

In my eyes, you people are just far to naive and trusting to be able to see the seriousness of the issue. Nobody in today's society sells their own body out of free will.
Sure they do. People will do anything for money.

And of course people sell themselves out of free will.
Of course, some do. 99% don't, however, and that last 1% doesn't matter - it's the one's whose being forced against their will who do. And once more, legalising prostitution wouldn't help them, it would only work against them.
Also, compulsion do to things can have many shapes. It's not always a gun to your head, yet it's still not free will.
Love, scriver~

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 03, 2010, 07:42:04 pm »

I wonder if Legal prostetution will make Sex Slavers easier or more difficult.

I know that legalising drugs while stopping drug sales it tends to vastly increase traffic (Amsterdam has troubles with drug traffic for example)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 03, 2010, 07:42:50 pm »

It's fair enough to say that prostitution causes harm, but it isn't a choice between "legalised" and "magically destroy all of it".

And no, it wouldn't make it easier for traffickers to do business, since the demand for illegal prostitutes will go down.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 03, 2010, 07:43:17 pm »

I am sorry scriver but it seems that it comes down to one basic fact.

You think regulating a industry will make it harder to control.

Everyone else disagrees.

We can not consolidate these dramatically opposite view points and therefor will never agree.

[/talk]

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 03, 2010, 07:46:05 pm »

Criptfeind if only for that statement I now consiter you worthy of saveing. Most people are too trenched in their own opinion and trying to force others to see it that way to simply agree to disagree.
Because I can"-WolfTengu

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 03, 2010, 07:46:22 pm »

Alright, scriver, I'm seriously questioning your logic at this point. I'm not certain where you get the basis for any of this, really. If prostitution is illegal, no one will do anything to stop sex slavery. Everyone involved will have commited some crime, and as such will save their own hides. If there is no penalty for being a prostitute, hiring a prostitute, or owing an establishment for the making of money through prostitution, then not only can regulatory officals be hired to ensure there is no disease, abuse, or trafficing going on, but every customer who suspects somthing is up can call the police without getting arrested.

If anyone is arguing for human trafficing, you are, because only an outside force will ever crack a black market buisness. But none of us are really arguing for human trafficing.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2010, 07:51:18 pm by MetalSlimeHunt »
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 03, 2010, 07:57:00 pm »

They evolved into us though, mostly becouse they killed every other species that might have
No. We killed them. Neanderthal weren't primitive modern humans, the were a separate species who lived in the same time frame as early modern humans, before being killed off/outcompeted.

Also, prostitution is already "legal" in Canada, the logistics of it are illegal (including brothels). Now, I don't believe the ruling would necessarily mean the important factor to ensuring the health and safety of everyone involved (well regulated licensed brothels, with frequent mandatory STD testing and inspections) would get implemented, but it's a start; illegality only increases the likelihood of other crimes (coercion, drug abuse, etc) connected to it, and drives up the profit margins since it's untaxed income with high margins due to risk of arrest.
I'm all for eating the heart of your enemies to gain their courage though.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 03, 2010, 08:08:55 pm »

no, it wouldn't make it easier for traffickers to do business, since the demand for illegal prostitutes will go down.

On the contrary it gives them an area where their goods are legal... or at least legal enough that they won't be arrested

From there they will traffic the goods to another area where it earns a lot more money.

In fact a lot of drugs work that way. It is grown or delivered to areas where it is legal where it is then moved to places where it is not.

Though from what I can understand of Canadian Law enforcement, they really have no faith in their ability to stop the sex trade even in its overtly illegal form (kidnapping)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10