Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10

Author Topic: Prostitution leagal in Canada (soon)  (Read 10646 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Prostitution leagal in Canada (soon)
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2010, 06:32:38 pm »

This is a good thing for everyone. There will always be prostitutes, and there will always be people who will hire them. Arresting them for that is just stupid, and now both sides will be safer. Now, disease and abuse can be properly reported without fear of arrests and everyone will be better off. Anyway, this won't result in sex slavery, if anything it'll reduce it. If you go to a legal establishment and one of the prositutes tells you they're being held hostage, well... you'd tell the police about that, wouldn't you? I'm trying to see where your logic is coming from, and the only way it works is if everyone in the world is an apathetic sadistic monster.

So, a win for Canada, and my fucking represinatives are trying to wiretap the internet. Did you guys kidnap all our decent politicans while I wasn't looking?
« Last Edit: October 03, 2010, 06:35:39 pm by MetalSlimeHunt »
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2010, 06:33:30 pm »

The whores guild.

I will be the guild master.

But really, I can not see one way this will make any issues that are not already there.

Oh wait ninja'd and out eloquenced by MSH.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2010, 06:34:15 pm »

If you regulated the Whore houses, you would really cut down on people being forced into prostitution.
No. There would be no other way of knowing whether or not people where being forced into it than having them fill out a form saying "I do this of my own free will". There would be no way of knowing whether they were lying or not.

You make sure they are getting paid, and then if they are they can fucking leave
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2010, 06:37:13 pm »

Scriver, do you say this is a bad change?

Or are you just saying prostitution is bad in general?

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2010, 06:37:32 pm »

This is a good thing for everyone. There will always be prostitutes, and there will alwayss be people who will hire them. Arresting them for that is just stupid, and now both sides will be safer. Now, disease and abuse can be properly reported without fear of arrests and everyone will be better off. Anyway, this won't result in sex slavery, if anything it'll reduce it. If you go to a legal establishment and one of the prositutes tells you they're being held hostage, well... you'd tell the police about that, wouldn't you? I'm trying to see where your logic is coming from, and the only way it works is if everyone in the world is an apathetic sadistic monster.

So, a win for Canada, and my fucking represinatives are trying to wiretap the internet. Did you guys kidnap all our decent politicans while I wasn't looking?
Of course there will always be prostitutes, it's the world's oldest job.
The whores guild.

I will be the guild master.

But really, I can not see one way this will make any issues that are not already there.

Oh wait ninja'd and out eloquenced by MSH.
The whore's guild? I've heard of that somewhere before.
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2010, 06:39:22 pm »

Accounting was before prostitution.

It is the oldest profession.

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 03, 2010, 06:40:24 pm »

Accounting was before prostitution.

It is the oldest profession.
Nope the first prostitute was a neanderthal woman who basicly said 'give food, me give fun time'
Because I can"-WolfTengu

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 03, 2010, 06:41:04 pm »

But before that it was.

Give food, me count other food.

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 03, 2010, 06:42:42 pm »

And before that it was *smashes the other male's head in* "my food" *neanderthal woman runs over* "protect me, me give fun time"
Because I can"-WolfTengu

C4lv1n

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 03, 2010, 06:43:12 pm »

This is actually the courts, the government is going to try to appeal, but chances are that they will have to roll with it, but I think what it is is our history. Back in the day our politicians would yell at eachother in parliment, but once that was over they'd go to the pub across the street and decide how it would really be done.
I've played a guitar with my penis.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 03, 2010, 06:44:41 pm »

And before that it was *smashes the other male's head in* "my food" *neanderthal woman runs over* "protect me, me give fun time"

And before that it was: Ook Ek OOh Ack*

*I count fleas on back for two fleas

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 03, 2010, 06:46:19 pm »

A bit of nitpicking, but we can't really count neanderthals. They're in the same genus, but still a different species. Very unfortunate bastards, having to share a genus with us.  :D
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 03, 2010, 06:47:57 pm »

So orangutans can be counted?

Accounting really is the first recorded job I believe. They have "ledgers" from almost 15,000 years ago.

But it did not really take off until 3,000 BC

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 03, 2010, 06:48:43 pm »

They evolved into us though, mostly becouse they killed every other species that might have >.>. perhaps soldier/assassin/another word for profesional murderer was the first job?
Because I can"-WolfTengu

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 03, 2010, 06:49:14 pm »

The whores seamstresses guild.
Fixed.

Nope the first prostitute was a neanderthal woman who basicly said 'give food, me give fun time'
I think they accidentally managed to introduce monkeys to prostitution once they'd established a currency system for them in a lab.

And, really, we can't regulate it when it's illegal.  The figures for the number of trafficked slaves-in-all-but-name in Britain are uncertain, but definitely not good.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2010, 06:57:26 pm by Leafsnail »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10