Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: +HurfQuest+  (Read 4217 times)

bowdown2q

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
+HurfQuest+
« on: October 03, 2010, 04:44:06 pm »

HURFQUEST

How's about a DF-themed play-by-post D&D game?

4e, 1st level, standard everything. I have the books, so whatever you want to play, just run the char by me.
Dorfs preferred; other races be prepared to face the racism of my murderous lava-filled forts.

Craft system: you get a single craft skill as a bonus trained skill. pick from the list of DF skills (leaving out anything covered by the game already, e.g. heal, diplomacy, combat, etc.) Related skills can be used at a penalty. (e.g. armorsmiths can make weapons or tools at -2)

Appropriately Dorfy actions will result in random bonuses from Armok the DM

btw If you need help -
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Or contact me on AIM

Utilities:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Players:
Monk12 - Dorf Paladin mecahnic
Fortis - Dorf Barbarian Bonecrafter
Criptfeind - HighElf Wizard (craft?)
Fullmetalsanta - Dorf Sorcerer brewer
Tornok - Dorf Swordmage Tanner
« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 06:15:03 pm by bowdown2q »

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
Re: +HurfQuest+
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2010, 05:37:52 pm »

Count me in, by Armok! Given the option, I'd run Paladin, but I'm flexible given the choices of the rest of the party.

And, if nobody else wants it, I'd take Mechanic as a craft skill; again, I'm not married to it so whoever wants can cut in. As of this writing, I am awfully tempted by the thought of rolling a Legendary Cheese Maker...

Fortis

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2010, 05:52:16 pm »

Mind, I'm rather new to D and D, but I'd love to try this. I'd go with a barbarian dwarf bone carver.

Just wondering though, how frequently do you expect the posts to be made?
« Last Edit: October 03, 2010, 06:16:31 pm by Fortis »

bowdown2q

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2010, 08:07:57 pm »

Count me in, by Armok! Given the option, I'd run Paladin, but I'm flexible given the choices of the rest of the party.

And, if nobody else wants it, I'd take Mechanic as a craft skill; again, I'm not married to it so whoever wants can cut in. As of this writing, I am awfully tempted by the thought of rolling a Legendary Cheese Maker...

...oh god don't let him be an engineer. He's managed to xanatos roulette all of my games IRL lol.

Mind, I'm rather new to D and D, but I'd love to try this. I'd go with a barbarian dwarf bone carver.

Just wondering though, how frequently do you expect the posts to be made?

Heh, s'ok. I dont intend for this to be all that serious, just fun. And I'm not a dick about the rules, so.  You know how to make a char?

Dunno how often we'll all post. I have night classes and am unemployed, so I'm good pretty much whenever.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2010, 08:19:30 pm »

Incidentally, how do you plan to run the setting? Making one up, or generating a world in DF and exporting Legends, or what? Important for deities and backgrounds and such

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2010, 08:24:16 pm »

Boo at 4E.

But if this is play by post I might as well join.

Here is a almost finished wizard.

Fortis

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2010, 09:16:30 pm »

I know enough to be able to knock out a decent starter. How did you want to do the ability scores? Pointbuy or something?

bowdown2q

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2010, 11:12:54 pm »

I know enough to be able to knock out a decent starter. How did you want to do the ability scores? Pointbuy or something?

Aye, the default point buy, or a set from the array in the PHB.

Incidentally, how do you plan to run the setting? Making one up, or generating a world in DF and exporting Legends, or what? Important for deities and backgrounds and such

Yeah, probably. I need a map editor to get exactly what i want, but hell, i can just use PAINT. or actualy MAKE it in a fort.

Boo at 4E.

But if this is play by post I might as well join.

Here is a almost finished wizard.

Fancy.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2010, 12:18:37 am »

Yeah, probably. I need a map editor to get exactly what i want, but hell, i can just use PAINT. or actualy MAKE it in a fort.

I suggest map tool.

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2010, 03:33:24 am »

3.5!!!

MUCH BETTAAR
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

bowdown2q

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2010, 12:42:52 pm »

3.5!!!

MUCH BETTAAR

Meh. I've played run both systems. 4e is simpler, and works better via text.

I suggest map tool.

Pfft. If I'm running a DF-themed D&D, then I'm def. using DF to gen dungeons.  I can certainly use maptools to run it tho.  good prog.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2010, 02:52:18 pm »

I dunno much about DandD (Ctuhulu FTW) but I'd love to join if you accept newbies. I started creating a character sheet. What did I do wrong?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2010, 02:58:40 pm »

Race features, feats, class features, Conditional Modifiers, and you say you have 0Exp (which is right) but you need 5500 to next level (wrong) and that you are level four (wrong)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2010, 03:02:26 pm »

Mmmmh. You got a tutorial somewhere?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2010, 03:03:55 pm »

Not that I know of. Do you have the books?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4