Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: +HurfQuest+  (Read 4201 times)

Fortis

• Bay Watcher
  • Suspected Elf Sympathizer
    • View Profile
Re: +HurfQuest+
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2010, 08:41:27 pm »

Bonecarving for the barbarian.

fullmetalsanta

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2010, 12:10:00 am »

Ahoy! I bring you dorf Sorcerer with brewing.

bowdown2q

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2010, 02:43:42 pm »

Alright, now that there are enough people to count as a party - although more players are welcome, up to a point - I'd like to shoot some background info here...

Elves:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Kobolds:

Goblins:

THE PLOT:
The Queen Ilral onulgemur "Mirrorpresige," Queen of the Feral Arrow, has mandated the construction of an obsidian and adamantine spire, such as to cement the world dominance of her people. She has contracted a number of Royal Expeditionary Forces to scout out possible sites for financing and providing the raw materials for this megaproject, as well as to extend the reaches of her Kingdom.
You are that REF. As your quest will be taking you into international territory, the Eladrin have assigned your team a Wizard, to ensure your compliance with local legalities.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2010, 07:43:12 pm »

Alright, sorry I was gone for so long, I plum forgot about this. Here is what I think is a completed char. Although I still need to work on the back story.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2010, 04:54:25 pm »

Meet Morul Mountainbeard. He is an ardent worshipper of Sosmil, Deity of Muck. He is a citizen of the Feral Arrow.
Morul Mountainbeard likes Galena, Bronze, Turquoise, Warhammers, Buckets, Giant Cave Spider Silk, Foxes for their cunning and kobolds for their mischief. When possible, he prefers to consume Dwarven Ale and Cow cheese. He absolutely detests fire snakes.

Took Mechanic as my crafting skill, for fun and profit. Hope somebody has dungeoneering, or this will be FUN.

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=246756

And as far as backstory, I go wherever there is muck, in accordance with the dictates of my Patron Deity. I tend to spend a lot of time on muddy cavern floors as a result; exploring, crundle killing, forgotten beast fleeing, etc.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2010, 06:15:28 pm by monk12 »

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2010, 10:48:09 am »

Sorry, but I won't join after all, I just don't have the time.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Tornok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 17, 2010, 07:28:15 pm »

bowdown2q

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 17, 2010, 09:06:02 pm »

Alright, here we go!
[Year 551, Early Spring]
You have gathered at the City of Paddledpulleys, where the Queen herself has delivered her orders unto you.  Your first objective is to head to the Dwarven outpost Silvershade (est. Spring 550), before setting out to what is believed to be an abandoned goblin settlement nearby. According to Eladrin records, Oxasnguslu ("Rancorterror,") was abandoned by the goblin civ when the hydra "Urus Yellsstrengths, the Lustful Muck of Animals" terrorized it nearly 300 years ago.

The granite block-paved market of Paddledpulleys is littered with travelers, merchants, and hapless peasant haulers dragging bins of random goods to the many depots. A few Eladrin are gathered near a silver statue of the Queen.  A human caravan seems to be interested in a depot loaded with =stone mugs=.

The rest of the Royal City is through an elaborate series of silver doors to the east. The west is the road towards Silvershade. The road ends after a while, but it'll last a day or so of walking.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 17, 2010, 09:16:22 pm »

Admires the bust of the queen.

[incidentally, imma respec Healadin tomorrow given the lack of a cleric and the presence of a Swordmage]

Fortis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 18, 2010, 11:13:48 am »

“Armok curse that mandate…” Rovod grumbled as he sat in the booze stockpile. In true dwarf fashion, he eschewed mugs or cups in favor of just hefting a barrel up and drinking directly from it. Setting the barrel down, he wiped his mouth with his long fiery red beard. This would be the last decent drink he would get in a while he feared. The queen was sending him out in this crazy expedition to find materials for a monument to her bloated ego. What’s worse, she said he’d have to travel with an elf! AN ELF! To rub salt in the runes, she had given him written orders about where he was supposed to go, never mind the fact that Rovod never bothered to learn how to read! He suspected she just wanted to get rid of him, he was going to the former lair of some goblins, driven out by a hydra named something crazy like ‘your ass’ near as he could figure from the funny marks on the paper. Who made up these names?

Ah well, he suppose he put off the inevitable long enough. Filling up a flask from the best ale he could find, he hefted his huge spiked hammer and strode out to meet the luckless saps the queen strongarmed into going on this cockamamie quest of hers. Lotta magic users, that probably meant that Rovod would be doing all the dirty work. At least most of them were proper dwarves. With a sigh and a grumble, he strode to wherever the others were gathering. He saw one of them, Morul he believed, admiring a statue of the queen. Rovod wondered why, that cow wasn’t near as pretty as she fancied herself to be.

Tornok

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 18, 2010, 07:07:10 pm »

"Well a job's a job. I wonder if you can tan hydra hide?" Urian thinks while making sure his gloves are secured to hide the mark there and going over and joining the group.

fullmetalsanta

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 18, 2010, 09:40:38 pm »

The one eyed sorcerer Zarghast counts the weathered wooden carvings in his hand. "These charms speak of untold horrors ahead of us. This should be fun".

Fortis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 18, 2010, 09:52:47 pm »

(Just curious, fullmetalsanta, where's your character sheet?)

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 18, 2010, 10:25:31 pm »

"A good omen, Zarghast, for the treasures we seek can only be found in the depths, and the depths are full of forgotten horrors! If we are fated to find one, then by necessity we must be in the vicinity of the other!"

Morul then glances around at the rest of the group, and frowns. "Where is that blasted elf? We've got a fair bit of marching ahead of us, and I'd like to get rollin sooner rather than later."

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 18, 2010, 10:44:16 pm »

Ravid walked towards a small group of scruffy looking dwarfs that were, saddly, the ones he was ordered to keep tabs on.

"Hello my... friends... Are you Urian, Morul, Rovod, and Zarghast, I am Ravid, the One that is to make sure you do not over step your bounds. Make sure you do not break any laws or steal anything well you are in our lands and we will get along just fine..."

Sorry, I will be a... can I take writing as a craft skill?

Also who is playing? There seems to be one or two more chars here then in the first post.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4