Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Berserk Merchants  (Read 790 times)

Hamel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Berserk Merchants
« on: November 02, 2007, 10:00:00 pm »

In Version, "0.27.169.33a" Some times my merchants just don't leave, so they just sit there untell they go berserk and/or melancholy and start killing my dwarves. I have my trade-depot 2 Z-levels down underground. It also says right before they sit there and don't leave: "The merchants from (insert random name here) will be leaving soon.". This is very annoying and I've been force quiting a lot because of this.

Also the merchants and migrants all come at the south of my map, and not at my road which touches the end of the map but doesn't go all the way from there to my fortress door yet, is this a bug or do they come at the point of the map closest to their civ location on the world map?

PS: this new version is awesome! =D

Delton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Berserk Merchants
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2007, 10:52:00 pm »

I used to get the same thing in the old version - although that doesn't really apply anymore. Probably, the merchants won't look at your road until it is complete - but as for getting lost, you might want to consider moving your trade depot more out of the fortress. Or not. In my last fort I had a steady supply of weapons and armor coming in from the merchants after my dwarves killed them.

Station some guards on duty near the merchants when they say they are going to leave.

Giant Snowman

• Bay Watcher
  • It's a Giant Snowman adventure.
    • View Profile
Re: Berserk Merchants
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2007, 03:38:00 am »

This 'D: Depot access' menu option, was that there before?
Benzene on steam.