Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: migrant modding?  (Read 836 times)

detsuo04

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
migrant modding?
« on: October 03, 2010, 10:09:09 am »

Is there a way to mod the game so all migrants that arrive, arrive as peasants so i can better keep track of my duty assignments?

Seraphyx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: migrant modding?
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2010, 02:06:35 pm »

I don't think there is but I haven't really looked into mods aside from graphical enhancements.

What I do is just use Dwarf Therapist http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=66525.0, hopefully you've heard of it. If you have then you probably already do this but, I organize them by waves so I see who I had and who I have left to edit. I go through all the dwarves I just got and see which ones will be useful to me, the ones that are not I right click and set their custom profession name to "Free" so I know I have spare dwarves for whatever (usually military or just hauling).

YouR_DooM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2010, 04:04:57 pm »

You can also set DT to show dorfs based on the number of assigned work. Choosing 11 usually shows those that only haul/give water.
Gentlemen, we can rebuild him. We have the Plant Reed Fibre Thread Technology!

Shoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2010, 10:06:05 pm »

Embarking in year 1 or so ought to do away with all that nasty "experience" crap they get before coming to your fort. There are some minor downsides like potentially having fewer materials to choose from at embark and not much history for engravings but I doubt you'll really suffer.
Please get involved with my making worlds thread.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2010, 06:29:35 am »

Eh at least wait 250 years my civilisation had access to..... cave crocodile at embark, giant lion, loepard and much more and no i didnt do any modding beside removing the exotic for pet
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Makbeth

• Bay Watcher
  • His lower body is melted.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2010, 12:57:20 pm »

Embarking in year 1 or so ought to do away with all that nasty "experience" crap they get before coming to your fort. There are some minor downsides like potentially having fewer materials to choose from at embark and not much history for engravings but I doubt you'll really suffer.

Nope, I'm getting grand master armorers in year 3, the earliest possible embark year.

Not that I consider that a problem.
Diso Faintpuzzles was born in 120.  Although accounts vary it is universally agreed that Diso was chosen by fate as the vanguard of destiny.

In the early spring of 143 Diso began wandering the wilds.

In the early spring of 143 Diso starved to death in the Horn of Striking.