Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 0.31.12 hospital issues  (Read 1939 times)

gislegron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
0.31.12 hospital issues
« on: October 03, 2010, 05:29:03 am »

I have a issue with wounded dwarfs being brought back to bed during surgery, is this normal?

This has resulted in a very tired doctor that have been performing surgery for months now, I could lock the doors, but there are other dwarfs in need of medical attention and water from an external source.

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
Re: 0.31.12 hospital issues
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2010, 05:35:40 am »

Are you building the tables for surgery right next to the beds they're resting on?

I've heard reports that surgery is unable to be performed otherwise because moving the sleeping patient more than 1 tile will wake him up.
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

gislegron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2010, 05:47:37 am »

the table is next to the bed, the surgery works okay, it's just mentally challenged "nurses" that decide that the patient needs to be in bed while being operated on. Locked the hospital, and everything worked out fine.

But having to baby-sit the hospital and manually locking\unlocking the door is tiresome.

gislegron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2010, 09:15:33 am »

Is this matter really so boring?

I have read about this issue earlier, but im sure it was supposed to have been fixed in .12

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2010, 09:39:15 am »

I thought this was happening in my most recent fort when a surgeon was repeatedly failing to perform surgery on a wounded dwarf.  I tried building the table right next to the bed and locking the door to the hospital when surgery was underway.  It turned out that he was failing to perform the surgery - he'd get all the supplied, move the patient one tile, stand there with the perform surgery job status, then go to 'no job' or go do something else.  I suspect that it was due to him having such a low skill level in surgery that he was failing some check and canceling the job, because after a few years of this his skill level improved from Dabbling to Novice Surgeon, at which point he managed to perform surgery successfully.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2010, 09:55:08 am »

I thought this was happening in my most recent fort when a surgeon was repeatedly failing to perform surgery on a wounded dwarf.  I tried building the table right next to the bed and locking the door to the hospital when surgery was underway.  It turned out that he was failing to perform the surgery - he'd get all the supplied, move the patient one tile, stand there with the perform surgery job status, then go to 'no job' or go do something else.  I suspect that it was due to him having such a low skill level in surgery that he was failing some check and canceling the job, because after a few years of this his skill level improved from Dabbling to Novice Surgeon, at which point he managed to perform surgery successfully.

that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2010, 10:09:00 am »

that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Indeed, Tiny Tirist the Legendary cripple has become something of a lucky mascot for the fortress.  She still can't walk, but I had her bed moved into the meeting room/dining room so everyone can congratulate her on surviving Doctor McThumbs's trial-by-error medical procedures.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2010, 04:07:05 pm »

Sigged
Quote from: LoSboccacc
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?