Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Song Stuck In My Head  (Read 1782 times)

Leonon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Song Stuck In My Head
« on: October 02, 2010, 02:00:14 pm »

I've had this tune stuck in my head for a while but I can neither remember the name of the song nor any of the lyrics in the song. I can (poorly) whistle just about the entire song so I've recorded my rendition of the opening in hopes that someone would recognize it. Here's my recording.

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Song Stuck In My Head
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2010, 03:02:59 pm »

A few additional details may help. Male/female/group singer? What genre? Any particular instrument that you can 'hear' playing?
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

Leonon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2010, 03:21:24 pm »

I think female singer, or very effeminate male. It's some variation of rock. It gets much faster than the opening and the vocals are clear, not growly.

If  no one recognizes it by tomorrow I'll probably try to make a whistle version of the whole thing.

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2010, 05:44:33 pm »

Yeah, it's kinda too short to get much of a feel for it. That could be the intro to a million songs, at least to my ears. x)
I once shot a bear in the eye with a bow on the first shot, cut it up, found another one, and shot it in the eye too. The collective pile of meat weighed more than my house.

Spreggo

• Bay Watcher
  • A vile force of darkness has arrived!
    • View Profile
    • skullsprout games
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2010, 05:59:06 pm »

Uh to my ears that sounds more like a sssss than a whistle. Time to brush up on your whistling skills imo.

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2010, 07:00:58 pm »

Yes, Whistle-practice time.

Helmaroc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2010, 09:37:06 pm »

Yeah I don't think anyone could identify a song from that...remember if you're trying to whistle you need to make an 'O' shape. Or you could hum if whistling isn't working out for ya.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2010, 09:37:49 pm »

Your teeth don't touch when you whistle.  Oh right, [Minecraft joke].

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2010, 04:22:10 am »

Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Leonon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2010, 10:59:58 am »

I said my whistling is poor. I tried humming it and it actually sounds even less like what I want it to than my whistling. After trying for a while to hum/whistle/hiss the tune I wanted I decided to just make up lyrics and sing them to the tune as best I can. This is towards the middle of the song.

Moogie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2010, 01:11:41 pm »

I don't recognise the tune, unfortunately. But I'm pretty sure that whatever the official lyrics are, I prefer your version. xD

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
  • Innocence proves nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2010, 01:46:05 pm »

Sorry, but i don`t recognize it either.

But i have a favor to ask myself. You know, there`s that one tune in highlander. Don`t know in which film, but that one tune. I think during some battle. I suppose no one knows it? I searched for it but it`s just as if it wouldn`t exist.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2010, 03:24:59 pm »

Kiwi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2010, 11:22:05 pm »

The first thing that came to mind was the guitar in the intro to: Enter Sandman.
But Jame's voice isn't feminine in anyway i would say lolz
The Dread Pirate

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2010, 11:38:12 pm »

I was going to suggest Engel by Rammstein but that voice is anything but feminine.

HOLD ON! The noises that you made on that recording made me think of Roter Sand by Rammstein. The whistling sounded quite similar. But the voice is still not feminine.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2010, 10:25:35 am by Medicine Man »
Pages: [1] 2