Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]

Author Topic: What the hell, Congress?! (USA)  (Read 13354 times)

Derekristow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: What the hell, Congress?! (USA)
« Reply #165 on: October 26, 2010, 12:55:36 pm »

Pot being illegal is an example of a law I would follow without morally supporting.  It's wrong enough that I would help to change it, but not so much that I would disobey it.  It just isn't that important to me.

Personally I object to any substance with similar effects to drugs or alcohol, but I also think that's a decision people should be able to make on their own.

Speed limits are bad examples overall, seeing as how they aren't based on public opinion in any way shape or form.
So my crundles are staying intact unless they're newly spawned... until they are exposed to anything that isn't at room temperature.  This mostly seems to mean blood, specifically, their own.  Then they go poof very quickly.

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
  • Riverend's Flame-beater of Earth-Wounders
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: October 26, 2010, 01:00:32 pm »

And yeah, speeding for sake of removing the speed limit is a good comparison, Nikov. Except most likely it won't catch on, and I'll just end up losing my license. But there's nothing wrong with that, some protests are just meant to fail.

Actually, yes, speeding for the sake of removing the speed limit is a really boneheaded comparison, because that's the sort of "protest" that actually endangers people.

It is a very boneheaded comparison, but he signed on to it, and now my rhetoric has become his position. I will now use that position to argue that heavy pot use impairs one's logical faculties.

*chortles with glee*

Sorry, I think the election year is infecting me with jackassery. I usually only have outbreaks every four years, but with all this hateful media spewing I can't help but regurgitate some.
I should probably have my head checked, because I find myself in complete agreement with Nikov.

Derekristow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #167 on: October 26, 2010, 01:06:45 pm »

Sorry, I think the election year is infecting me with jackassery. I usually only have outbreaks every four years, but with all this hateful media spewing I can't help but regurgitate some.

This is part of the reason I am generally dissatisfied with politics.  I listened to a debate, but all I learned is that the candidates don't support each other's positions, what ever those happen to be.  They usually didn't get to that part once they were done with the name calling.
So my crundles are staying intact unless they're newly spawned... until they are exposed to anything that isn't at room temperature.  This mostly seems to mean blood, specifically, their own.  Then they go poof very quickly.

Grimlocke

• Bay Watcher
  • *kobold noises*
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: October 26, 2010, 01:12:49 pm »

Germany has autobahns, the Netherlands tolerate pot, and it works fine for them.

Not realy an expert on the speed limit part but as for pot im pretty sure the reason most countries prohibit them are cultural and historic. Alcohol is very much ingrained in western culture, while pot isnt, hence the only the latter gets thrown in the illegal substances bin.

A toleration law would require American culture to tolerate pot. If the 60s couldnt do that then I dont see that law happening any time soon. Especialy with that group of nutjob politicians that want to turn you into hillbilly country.
I make Grimlocke's History & Realism Mods. Its got poleaxes, sturdy joints and bloomeries. Now compatible with DF Revised!

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: October 26, 2010, 01:17:55 pm »

Rand Paul (R) was actually attacked by Jack Conway (D) over allegations he engaged in idol worship of aqua buddha, declaring that the people of Kentucky could not be certain Rand Paul, who's wife is a church deacon, was actually Christian.

Kentucky is not as "nutjob hillbilly country" as Jack thought and likewise not amused. Jack was closing the gap then launched those ads, and now its a 13 point lead for Paul in some polls.
I should probably have my head checked, because I find myself in complete agreement with Nikov.

Earthquake Damage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: October 26, 2010, 01:27:20 pm »

Kentucky is not as "nutjob hillbilly country"

Well, eastern Kentucky is hillbilly country.  That and the rest of the Appalachian foothills more or less define the word hillbilly.

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: October 26, 2010, 01:38:50 pm »

And there's nothing wrong with them practicing their cultural diversity, now is there.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]