Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 35

Author Topic: TF2 Trading  (Read 67419 times)

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: TF2 Trading
« Reply #150 on: October 13, 2010, 08:20:37 pm »

done
Nom nom nom

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: October 13, 2010, 10:11:00 pm »

I have a second degreaser if someone wants to trade another polycount item or two (or something else other than vintage items) for it.

I wouldn't value them all equally - the degreaser, the Your Eternal Reward, the battalion's backup, and the gloves of running urgently are probably the most useful, and thus, to me, the most valuable of the polycount weapons. Most of the others seem average from what I've seen (mind you, I don't have all of them and thus have only seen them used by other people), except the shortstop and l'etranger (both of which I have) seem mostly useless, and darwin's danger shield just deprives you of your SMG or jarate for a small amount of HP. Some people seem to think the vita-saw is terrible, but it's actually great when you're using it to not lose your entire ubercharge when you die. It wins out over the ubersaw for me: If you are using the saw to attack, that generally meant you lacked a healing target and were going to die very soon, making the ubersaw's ability rarely useful.

That said, it looks to me like they are a lot more valuable than the non-polycount weapons at present, mainly due to their rarity. (I'm including the vita-saw in that category since it is craftable the same way, and apparently came out in the same update, even though it isn't part of an item set)
« Last Edit: October 13, 2010, 10:13:34 pm by Shadowlord »
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: October 13, 2010, 10:20:12 pm »

I am now the proud owner of Ritzy Rick's Hair Fixative.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: October 13, 2010, 11:57:23 pm »

Shadowlord: I'll agree that not all Polycount weapons are equal. I'm afraid I'll have to disagree on which Polycount weapons are unequal.  :P

For instance, I consider the Shortstop to be the most overpowered weapon since the original Sandman. Deals high damage up close, and is still highly potent at mid-range. I haven't even considered using the other shotguns since I got it. Likewise, I've found the Batallion's Backup a bit... weak, those I've only used it a bit - 35% damage reduction is nice, but it seems like your average pub player doesn't know what to do with it.  ;)

Also, I am now the proud owner of a Vita-Saw. This quote may or not be related to other similarly-structured posts in its immediate vicinity.  ;D

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #154 on: October 14, 2010, 01:06:35 am »

This is me. This is my backpack. I don't have much, but I do have a crate that I'm probably not going to buy a key for. I should play TF2 more.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: October 14, 2010, 02:03:19 am »

If we all pooled our crates, we could attempt to reach crate critical mass and initiate a thermonuclear cratesplosion! ... Alas, I think it has been proven impossible.

By the way, CrownofFire, what are you attempting to craft with that token? (If a polycount item, it uses less metal to craft the polycount items with 1 reclaimed metal (that's 3 scrap or 6 paired items) and a specific item, rather than using tokens. If not, you can easily trade for the item you want.)
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #156 on: October 14, 2010, 02:14:47 am »

I don't really know what I was doing with that token. I just randomly made it for some reason. Probably shouldn't have.

Strange guy

• Bay Watcher
  • Strangely normal
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #157 on: October 15, 2010, 06:36:17 pm »

I just found a Hard Counter (heavy umbrella hat) and am wondering if anyones interested in trading it with me. Since when I posted that I'd found purple paint I traded it away before the first reply I'm not going to try to trade it with anyone outside of this thread until the weekend ends. I'm not interested in pyro, soldier or medics hats for it (I have decent ones already), are using all class hats for demo and scout but may consider it, but what I want most is another heavy hat, or possibly a engineer, sniper or spy one.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: October 15, 2010, 06:44:43 pm »

I just found a Hard Counter (heavy umbrella hat) and am wondering if anyones interested in trading it with me. Since when I posted that I'd found purple paint I traded it away before the first reply I'm not going to try to trade it with anyone outside of this thread until the weekend ends. I'm not interested in pyro, soldier or medics hats for it (I have decent ones already), are using all class hats for demo and scout but may consider it, but what I want most is another heavy hat, or possibly a engineer, sniper or spy one.
I have a Stove Pipe for Demo and Ritzy Rick's Hair Fixative for Sniper if you're interested in either of those.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Strange guy

• Bay Watcher
  • Strangely normal
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #159 on: October 16, 2010, 04:40:08 am »

I have a Stove Pipe for Demo and Ritzy Rick's Hair Fixative for Sniper if you're interested in either of those.

The stove pipe is too similar to the gibus, and I don't really like the hatless, sorry.

I'll trade my Glengarry Bonnet (Demo) for the Hard Counter.

While I hadn't looked at that hat before it's actually pretty decent. Unless I get any offers I like more I'll go with this.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: October 17, 2010, 07:18:02 pm »

http://www.tf2items.com/id/SHAD0Wdump/

All items on the first page are up for trade, subsequent pages would require a very convincing offer to acquire.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #161 on: October 17, 2010, 08:13:17 pm »

I got Old Guadalajara from my crate, nice hat, but I'm willing to trade it.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: October 17, 2010, 08:18:51 pm »

What do you want for the hat?

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: October 17, 2010, 08:28:21 pm »

I have a Bloke's Bucket Hat, Heavy Duty Rag, Frenchman's Beret, and Mining Light. I'd give any of those for a Hard Counter.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: October 17, 2010, 09:18:41 pm »

If anyone here is buying crates, what would you be willing to pay for them? Refined metal? Reclaimed metal? If reclaimed, how many per crate? Polycount weapons? If that, which weapons and for how many crates?

Would you consider series 1 and series 2 crates to have different values?
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 35