Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Mirrorbeards - The General's Mission (Story Fort - 31.12)  (Read 2162 times)

Rhaken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mirrorbeards - The General's Mission (Story Fort - 31.12)
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2010, 09:35:43 pm »

General's Log - 24th Malachite, 266

So soon after we get some good news, and already tragedy has struck.

Unib came running into the fort today, crying and screaming. She barged into the barracks and practically fell in my arms. Which contained my axe. Eep.

"They got him! I told him to run, but he wasn't fast enough and now they have him oh Armok-", she babbled.

I immediately went on alert. "What happened? Who has who?"

"THE SKELEPHANTS HAVE ERAL!"

The miners were down in the shafts all week, so they did not yet know about the migrants. Or the skelephants. When they came up top to take the short route to the surface, the herd struck. By the time we reached the surface to see if we could help, we were too late. The herd had moved on, leaving behind Eral's mangled, trampled corpse.

<The following seems to have been written quite hard, as the paper is dented inwards.> There will be hell to pay, my fleshless foes. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow. But one of these days, you shall suffer the wrath of General Dakost and his men. Mark my words.
Of course, he may have simply crushed the forgotten beasts with his massive testicles.

Forget a spouse, he needs a full time gonad wrangler.

TerrisH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2010, 11:50:40 pm »

must stay wake, or the Skelephants will get me..

*sob* EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rhaken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2010, 06:09:41 pm »

General's Log - 15th Galena, 266

Unib has been quite jittery since the incident. As soon as I could get her to stop crying, I put her back to work digging a catacomb. She looked like she needed a break, but she understood her responsability as the fort's sole miner.

Later, I found her asleep in the middle of the mining tunnels. Poor thing.

The metalworking industry is now operational. Degel and Kaguro - I thought her name was Avuz? - have been toiling night and day to produce steel for our weapons in armor. In the meantime, we have taken to wrestling in the barracks.

Oh, and it has started raining. This would normally mean nothing, but we still have those holes at the top of our stockpile rooms, so water has been falling in and building up in puddles.

I'll see about plugging those up as soon as we expand the tower level a bit.
Of course, he may have simply crushed the forgotten beasts with his massive testicles.

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2010, 07:00:16 pm »

Diary of Kaguro, House Draven, 15th Galena, 266

Finally, back to good oldfashioned steelworking. The smelters and forges are up and we are makeing steel for proper weaponry. There is an armorsmith here as well, I suppose I have to work with him for the good of the fortress, but I don't have to like it. 'Bah hidin behind your steel is the cowards way out' as father always used to say, armor may be nessicary but it's still useless without a good weapon to actuilly kill the enemy.

But onto less happy topics. I was correct in stateing this place was a hellhole, our stockrooms have water in them now. Why? Becouse there are holes in the ceiling no one thought to cover up! What if a vulture or somthing flies in and takes the food, OR THE BOOZE! Also, apparently the Skeletal Elephants killed someone the day we arrived, how nice. The miner 'nuib', 'unab'? Whatever, the miner apparently has gone a little crazy about them, that is to say has gone crazy in fear of them, not obcessed with them. Why am I explaining myself to my diary? Why am I*scrached out deeply in frustration* Anyway! Apparently she's digging the catacombs now for the dead guy and the future dead, what a lovely thought. Oh, and what is possibly the worst news, apparently the monarch ordered us to play nice with the elves! What's next, makeing the weaponsmith make trickets so we can trade with them without angering them? If someone tells me to make trinkets for the trice damnned elves I'm going to hurt someone.
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

Rhaken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2010, 01:18:00 pm »

General's Log - Seasonal Report - Summer 266

Summer was far more exciting than spring - and not in a good way. We have our first loss of dwarven life. We have also determined the most immediate threat to be the local population of skeletal elephants.

Progress is as follows:

Farming industry initiated - set up secondary plot to prepare for cloth industry;
Future hospital zone, general's office, catacombs and grand meeting hall excavated;
Tower expansion initiated;
First wave of migrants has arrived - profiles enclosed;
Metallurgy initiated - full steel production will begin as soon as flux is located;
Military numbers increased to 3;
Front entrance set up with basic traps.

Spoiler: Fortress Wealth (click to show/hide)

Casualty Report:
Friendly:
-Eral Bimsastres, Miner

Neutral:

Hostile:

That's 6 months gone by. Come on, folks, don't be shy. I wants more dorfings!

Currently dwarfed:
TerrisH: Unib Unololtar
Urist Imiknorris: Shem Ilulmelbil
KaguroDraven: Avuz Tinothzefon

To be dwarfed:
None. :'(

Rhaken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2010, 05:17:09 pm »

General's Log - 19th Limestone, 266

We gave Eral a proper burial today. We had Inod, the engraver, smooth out and engrave a corner of the catacombs to lay our miner to rest properly. His coffin lies atop an engraving of a pipe section, symbol of our great civilization.

Oh, and I also made myself a drinking buddy last week. Ast, the carpenter. She's as good company as any keg.

General's Log - 16th Sandstone, 266

We now have three new citizens here at Mirrorbeards. As is customary, I had Mosus help me take their psychological profiles.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Proper weapons production will begin as soon as we have more fuel. Kaguro tells me they used it all up smelting the steel.

Rhaken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2010, 06:39:29 pm »

General's Log - 11th Timber, 266

Today, we heard screaming from up top. It was Mosus. Something had cornered him. We ran outside as fast as we could, without armor or even weapons.

Turns out we didn't need to. It was a group of skeletal bonobos. We punched all 7 of them apart, then played some dwarfball with the corpses.

A fun day for all. Except the bonobos.

General's Log - 17th Timber, 266

The dwarven caravan is here! Mosus immediately ordered everyone with nothing to do to carry our considerable pile of crafts up to the depot.

Although the task generally falls to Mosus, it is my job to meet with the liaison to hand in my reports and discuss the Queen's plans. Let's hope she hasn't planned anything too unreasonable.

TerrisH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2010, 06:42:49 pm »

Diary of Unib,   20th Limestone, 266

Earl..  Earl is dead.   we finialy interned him yesterday   In a tomb I carved out with my own two hands.      those horrible Skelephants finialy moved across the rived and away from his body.   They had seemed to linger around it for the longest time.  when they pulled it back to the fort after they disperes, I saw why.  they had been knawing upon him.   the upper half of his body was mere tatters,  chewed into almost nothingness.     I don't know why they would be doing so, they don't need to eat.   

I can only have relief that my work keeps me below and away from them.     I do hope the general lets me back to the lever room, so I can destroy the accursed ramp that lead earl to his doom.   I have nightmares of the Skelephants storming down it to kill me.

I  can't remeber much else of the last few months, with the Skelephants  having brought me so many nightmares.    I hope  Earls burial brings them to a close.

Rhaken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2010, 07:37:46 pm »

General's Log - Seasonal Report - Autumn 266

This season was a little more tranquil than I expected. We were able to effect some advancement on the north tower's surface level, and the military is now armed (though not yet armored). As is normal, the presence of the merchants disrupts production.

Many of the animals gave birth this season. All the young have been stored in a cage to avoid cluttering up the halls.

Progress is as follows:

Grand meeting hall opened for business, still needs furnishing and engraving;
Sickbay and tower bottom almost fully smoothed out;
North tower surface level almost complete;
Weapons and shields forged and assigned to military;
First instance of live combat occurred against skeletal bonobos;
Small second wave of migrants - profiles enclosed;
Military numbers increased to 4;
Cloth industry initiated.

Casualty Report:
Friendly:

Neutral:

Hostile:
-7 Skeletal Bonobos

Damn, that was fast. Now that the first caravan has arrived, things should be getting a whole lot more fun soon.

Currently dwarfed:
Urist Imiknorris: Shem Ilulmelbil

To be dwarfed:
None.

I need more dorfs. :(

Rhaken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2010, 03:40:10 pm »

General's Log - 10 Moonstone, 266

I sat in on the liaison's meeting today. When he and Mosus were done talking about trade agreements (I wasn't really listening, but Mosus has a good head for these things, so no worry), the liaison turned to me.

"Do you have the reports?"

I handed them in, wordlessly. He tucked them into his dress pocket and fished out an envelope full of instructions. So now I have good news, and bad news.

The good news is, I'll soon be able to deliver these things without waiting for the dwarven caravan. All I have to do is knock a hole in my bedroom wall and hang this strange-looking mat there.

The bad news is, Mirrorbeards has to trade with the cannibals hippies treehumpers elves hippies. And we have to do it right.

FUCK.

General's Log - 14th Moonstone 266

Mosus, you idiot.

Our broker decided to go on a break after the meeting. I had to get Atir, the peasant with the demon fetish, do handle trading. We got a considerable amount of food, booze, and assorted crap, for a bunch of stone crafts.

Now he goes around calling himself a trader.

He's still doing nothing but hauling duty though.

Rhaken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2010, 08:15:31 pm »

General's Log - 18th Moonstone, 266

The merchants left today. Atir looked quite pleased with himself. I was just busy praying to Armok that the caravan didn't run into the skelephants on the way out.

General's Log - 3rd Opal, 266

Now that we are all armed (except the wrestler), I have drafted Kaguro as a hammerdwarf. She already had some experience as a lasher, but we don't have scourges. However, she is a better dodger than I am, and I told her to start giving us all dodging lessons from time to time. At least for once, it won't be me doing all the work.

Scribbled on an otherwise blank page

BoredboredboredboredAAAAAAAACHBOREDsausages

General's Log - 19th Obsidian, 266

FINALLY, some action. Though it wasn't really much. A kobold thief decided to wander into Mirrorbeards in search of wealth. Instead of taking the main entrance, it came in through the twin doors in the middle of the field.

Of course, lacking any sort of map of the place, the kobold didn't know that that room leads straight into the barracks. Where we happened to be training.

I was close to the exit doors. By the time the kobold got to me, dodging everybody else - quick little bugger, I'll give him that - I had already blocked off the exit and readied my axe.

Off with its head!

That felt surprisingly good. It had been a while since I last used an axe to spill the blood of my enemies.

Ah, the good ol' days...

Tsuni

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2010, 01:44:38 pm »

Hey, I'll be taking:

I've got a healthy dose of OCD with hair, flies can go to hell, and I love theropod demons.
I've also got an iron will, but good luck engaging it, not really very focused.

Rhaken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2010, 03:12:07 pm »

General's Report - Winter 266

This season marked our first encounter with the enemy - namely, the kobolds. Other than that, most of our development went into architecture. The future outside farm is nearing completion, and we now have a fifth dwarf in the army, though not full-time.

Progress is as follows:
North tower surface level walled in;
North tower underground sleeping area partially engraved and furnished;
Underground store rooms added to both towers;
Outdoor farm enclosure almost completed;
Food storage area expanded;
Future noble dining rooms are being dug out;
First enemy kobold struck down;
Military personnel increased to a temporary 5.

Casualty Report:
Friendly:

Neutral:

Hostile:
-1 kobold thief

This concludes the first year of Mirrorbeards history. And now that the local peasant has been dorfed and 'promoted' to trader, we should have a few more interesting journals coming up. :D

Currently dwarfed:
Urist Imiknorris: Shem Ilulmelbil (you should keep a journal, by the way. ;))
Tsuni: Atir Mosuseggut

To be dwarfed:
None.

Rhaken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 14, 2010, 08:23:38 pm »

General's Log - 9th Granite, 267

In hindsight, I should have killed that kobold outside instead of in the barracks. That corpse smells horrible. Also, I need to talk to Mebzuth about his cats. They keep dragging dead vermin in here, much to his delight. This needs to stop. Kaguro damn near tripped on a decomposing rat.

General's Log - 12th Granite, 267

I've talked to Mebzuth about his pets. He said he'll try to avoid this crap in the future. He damn well better, or it's latrine duty for him!

In less annoying news, the surface farm enclosure is complete. We can begin adding the surface connection between the two towers. I'd rather have this finished before we begin expanding the south tower.

General's Log - 24th Granite, 267

Where are all the goddamned haulers?

This headless heap of kobold flesh has been just lying there, decomposing in peace, and the idiot haulers won't grab it and fling it the hell outside. It reeks in here!

General's Log - 3rd Slate, 267

BY DOREN'S OVARIES, WE HAVE MIGRANTS.

I tried giving a quick welcome speech after they had assembled in the meeting hall, but I don't think it went too well. I need to practice that some time.

Hoooly shit, there's fucking twenty of them.

Below are their psychological profiles.

Spoiler: Psychological Profiles (click to show/hide)

Well, that was tiring. Now, I suppose they'll be needing beds...

TerrisH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2010, 09:21:05 pm »

Diary of Unib,  4th slate, 267
     a new minner came to work in the pits with me today.   he seems a bit shy, though entusiastic.  seemd a bit disturbed when I told him about the fate of my previous fellow worker.   poor earl.   I ..  No no.  happy thoughts, happy thought.
Pages: 1 [2] 3