Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Wow, I'm rich.  (Read 4449 times)

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wow, I'm rich.
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2010, 12:05:51 pm »

Yeah, I'm from a third world country. I got offered a lucrative job that pays approx $1000 per month, exaggerated. It's like absurdly high in my country (around top 1% or even 0.5% for a fresh graduate), but a miserable top 13% in the world. Then again, I'm getting an excellent job despite barely failing and I steal American and Japanese jobs :P

Another reason why I should just not work and just make indie games for a living. If I sold fifty $20 games a month (ignoring tax), I'd make more money than a manufacturing engineer in charge of producing those $2400 plasma TVs.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2010, 12:08:00 pm »

Then who will make my TVs?

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2010, 02:38:52 pm »

You are the 1,194,230,106 richest person in the world!

Based on my assumption that I get ~£1000 in allowance, gifts and odd-jobs over the year.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

Renault

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2010, 03:16:51 pm »

Where are you from, Muz?

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 06, 2010, 12:35:55 am »

Where are you from, Muz?

Malaysia. I calculated that if I managed to get promoted to the point where I oversee the entire plasma TV manufacturing branch, or heck, become the vice president of a semi-famous electronics company, I'd get approx $2500-$3000 a month, which is slightly higher than many of the country's top professors get.

Hmm... now that I think of it, I think I can see why management can act so retarded and still make a profit. They don't exactly have to export a lot of high quality products.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.
Pages: 1 2 [3]