Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Scariest Biome  (Read 2526 times)

Zaik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Scariest Biome
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2010, 12:48:29 am »

It's because they now use a hit points system rather than having to be decapititated or split in half. They used to be nigh-invincible not that long ago.

Oh, that explains it. I was wondering how in the hell a zombie would die from having it's third finger left paw hacked off.
[MILL_CHILD:ONLY_IF_GOOD_REASON]

FleshForge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2010, 05:12:29 pm »

Terrifying forest/terrifying ocean ... just had a couple of werewolves kill 6 of my starting 7, with the last one stuck in the forest with a broken leg and starving/dying of thirst he's stricken by melancholy ... oh good timing, WELCOME MIGRANTS!

NKDietrich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2010, 05:21:24 pm »

Terrifying forest/terrifying ocean ... just had a couple of werewolves kill 6 of my starting 7, with the last one stuck in the forest with a broken leg and starving/dying of thirst he's stricken by melancholy ... oh good timing, WELCOME MIGRANTS!

Poor migrants. Just missed the memo about Team Jacob ruining your fortress.

FleshForge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2010, 05:35:21 pm »

That, ah, seems to have resulted in an interesting situation ... the poor 7th starting dwarf died of thirst, and now I can no longer appoint any leaders including militia commander, which means Fun, I think.

Vehudur

• Bay Watcher
  • [evil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2010, 05:40:33 pm »

Four words:  Amphibious zombie whale shark.
...and a third died in his bunk of natural causes - for a dagger in the heart quite naturally ends one's life.

I used to have an avatar, but I was told to remove it after it kept making people go insane.

jei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2010, 11:49:21 am »

I like zombie elephants because if you can beat them they train your military up in skills pretty fast but for some reason zombie deer are the things that really creep me out.

One time a zombie deer killed my military commander and then just hung around the corpse.  The commander had a pet dog.  After almost a month, the dog traveled across the map to fight the zombie that had killed its master.  The fight lasted a long time but in the end the zombie deer won.  Then it just stood there staring out with its hollow eyes , waiting for someone to come and try to recover the fallen dwarf and dog.

It would be fun if they could turn to undead zombies too and start biting others to turn them into zombies. :D

Engraved on the monitor is an exceptionally designed image of FPS in Dwarf Fortress and it's multicore support by Toady. Toady is raising the multicore. The artwork relates to the masterful multicore support by Toady for the Dwarf Fortress in midwinter of 2010. Toady is surrounded by dwarves. The dwarves are rejoicing.

Matz05

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2010, 04:18:17 pm »

If someday morphs from one creature to another like that are in, allong with a %chance of hostility change, Im gonna get a fortress where the only way in for migrants is through a group of somehow chained, hostile werewolves, followed by a row of fortifications and marksdwarves  to weed out the hostiles. New army recruits incomming!

Internet Kraken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2010, 06:49:26 pm »

Well I always embark on oceans, so of course I had to embark on a terrifying ocean. Which is a recipe for disaster, especially when you build your forts ontop of the ocean rather than safely digging into the underground. Manta rays crushing sleeping dwarves to death? Sea serpents decapitating people in their bedrooms? Whales bursting into the dining room and smashing Dwarves to bits? What fun!
Picture a dwarf, warrior, mechanic, or some other incredibly useful profession. Now picture him dead. That's what infections do.
[NOPAIN] no gain.
Escapist Reveredtour Let's Play.

Vercingetorix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2010, 06:55:14 pm »

Anything with skeletons.  When you look up actual images of deer/elephant/whatever skeletons and imagine what it would be like settling in a haunted, dead land crawling with those things...
Do you always look at it in ASCII?

You get used to it, I don't even see the ASCII.  All I see is blacksmith, miner, goblin.

The13thClam

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2010, 12:24:25 am »

Having gotten bored with nothing but hoary marmots, ground hogs, and the occasional mountain goat in my preferred embark area of someplace with mountains, I decided to embark in a terrifying tropical broadleaf forest (.12). I expected to find hordes of skelephants, armies of shamblor carnivores, and various other, hard to kill nasties.

The nastiest thing I've encountered has been, aside from the goblin ambushes, the foul blendecs. They come in squads of four, roam about the perimeter wall for a while, and then go away.

Where are my rampaging armies of skelephants intent on spilling the booze soaked blood of the living?
Pages: 1 [2]