Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: RAW help please  (Read 1142 times)

lolghurt

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:failures]
    • View Profile
RAW help please
« on: October 01, 2010, 06:57:03 am »

Am I able to just rewrite the creature_standard, reaction_smelter and entity_default files or do I have to make manual changes?
Also, what tags would need to be added/removed from a race to increase the number of offspring?
And is it possible to decrease pregnancy time?
Quote from: acetech09 date=1343968486
It's probably made from baby bone, with a handle of baby leather. Probably uses the leg bones wound together for the handle, the pelvis for the handle/pick joint, and the pick is the spine.

But that's all in theory, of course. Not like I've made a pick out of my own 5 month old baby before.

ventuz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RAW help please
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2010, 07:59:09 am »

[LITTERSIZE:a:b]

a - minimum #
b - maximum #

if that what you're looking for

lolghurt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2010, 08:16:18 am »

[LITTERSIZE:a:b]

a - minimum #
b - maximum #

if that what you're looking for
Well, there's the [LITTERSIZE:X:Y] tag, and the [MULTIPLE_LITTER_RARE] tag.
is there a [MULTIPLE_LITTER_COMMON] tag?
this is to strengthen goblin numbers.
so boring when none of them attack you ever.
also,

Am I able to just rewrite the creature_standard, reaction_smelter and entity_default files or do I have to make manual changes?
It's probably made from baby bone, with a handle of baby leather. Probably uses the leg bones wound together for the handle, the pelvis for the handle/pick joint, and the pick is the spine.

But that's all in theory, of course. Not like I've made a pick out of my own 5 month old baby before.

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2010, 01:00:44 pm »

If "rewriting" means "rewrite from scratch", then you can certainly do that, but you'll have a lot of work ahead of you. If you want to add new stuff, just use existing stuff as a template to make sure you don't miss anything important. If you want to delete old stuff, go ahead, but make sure you don't remove too much or the game might not like it.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2010, 01:03:55 pm by Quietust »
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2010, 01:36:06 pm »

You can remove everything you want but make sure you create something to fill the niche. I.e. there should be some creatures and plants in biomes, as well as common stuff like shields, spears and cutting edge daggers for adventurer mode equipment (and there should be bushes with leaves, at least one type; in previous versions the lack of those caused crashes).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

lolghurt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2010, 05:35:10 pm »

If "rewriting" means "rewrite from scratch", then you can certainly do that, but you'll have a lot of work ahead of you. If you want to add new stuff, just use existing stuff as a template to make sure you don't miss anything important. If you want to delete old stuff, go ahead, but make sure you don't remove too much or the game might not like it.
rewriting meaning copying the raws from 31.12 over to 31.14
because moving the inorganic that slade is in will make it mineable, and I'm not sure if/how other raws have been modified

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2010, 07:15:58 pm »

I'm pretty sure that's the only change Toady made to the raws in between .12 and .14.
くコ:彡

lolghurt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2010, 01:07:52 am »

I'm pretty sure that's the only change Toady made to the raws in between .12 and .14.
now for the less interesting question: what is the default speed for dwarfs? 1000?

Emily

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2010, 01:31:51 am »

No, the biomes for Goblins have changed in .13.  So entity_default has changed, though you could overwrite it.

You can usually look at the modified dates of the raw files when you download a new version; if they're earlier than the release date of the previous version then you can be confident nothing's changed in them.