Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: GULAG victims  (Read 459 times)

wereboar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
GULAG victims
« on: November 28, 2006, 12:11:00 am »

in recent version there is only one punishment for a misfit dwarf - death. this really makes me want to cry. i'm tired of losing my legendary dwarves for violating production order. it's so discouraging to watch them rot in jail until they die from starvation or thirst. i tried to draft them or build wells underneath them - to na avail! is there something else that can be done about it? is it on the list of hot bug fixes?

Frugal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: GULAG victims
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2006, 09:38:00 am »

Your dwarves aren't bringing them food and water?  Are you sure you have the Health Care job enabled on at least some of them?

Generally I kill any nobles who start demanding ridiculous production orders.  Better to just reroll the noble and suffer the migration penalty than to risk losing a working man.

Nakar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2006, 10:58:00 am »

He seems to be referring to the post-release ennui bug. I don't know what the cure for it is, but it is very annoying when it happens. My dwarves meticulously care for the incarcerated, but once they're out, they get ignored.

It's always the legendaries, too. Legendaries are quasi-nobles themselves, shouldn't they be fingering some immigrant in their profession as the person to "blame?"

Maximus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2006, 12:08:00 pm »

I remember reading in a post that briefly flooding the jail room will get them moving again.  Haven't tested it myself.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2006, 09:47:00 pm »

The flooding would work, or anything to get them to clear the bad drink/sleep/eat job.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!