Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13

Author Topic: Zaerosz's Flavour Mod v. 1.6 - Introducing Alchemy! (0.31.18)  (Read 12696 times)

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
Re: Zaerosz's Flavour Mod v. 1.2 - Accepting Contributions! (0.31.16)
« Reply #75 on: October 23, 2010, 06:04:15 pm »

No. No, I do not. But have you worked out what's wrong with the reactions yet? My fortress wealth skyrocketed when the tartarian steel reaction made 400 bars.

Also:
  • I need someone to do some very extensive creature modding for me for the next release. PM me and I'll give you a list, if you feel up to it.
  • Can anyone figure out the problem with strandsilver? None ever shows up on my maps because it's always replaced by veins of lesser adamantine, and where the lesser adamantine is supposed to be I get single tiles of "rock".
  • Does anyone have any feedback on the mod yet? Because so far all I've gotten is bug notes, suggestions and variations on "It looks interesting." What do you want more of? What needs toning down? What do you like? What do you hate?
くコ:彡

fivex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 23, 2010, 06:27:00 pm »

No. No, I do not. But have you worked out what's wrong with the reactions yet? My fortress wealth skyrocketed when the tartarian steel reaction made 400 bars.

Also:
  • I need someone to do some very extensive creature modding for me for the next release. PM me and I'll give you a list, if you feel up to it.
  • Can anyone figure out the problem with strandsilver? None ever shows up on my maps because it's always replaced by veins of lesser adamantine, and where the lesser adamantine is supposed to be I get single tiles of "rock".
  • Does anyone have any feedback on the mod yet? Because so far all I've gotten is bug notes, suggestions and variations on "It looks interesting." What do you want more of? What needs toning down? What do you like? What do you hate?
I'm not to sure if my raw reading skills are up to par, but the tartarian/elysian reaction requires two bars of black wolfram, heptaziom, orichalcum, and cotton candy to make 4 bars of tartarian/elysian steel. The problem is that a bar in game, for reaction purposes, is 150 bars. The reaction is repeated for the excess, but without needing fuel.

The strandsilver thing is really odd. It makes me think that there is duplicate raws, but if it's only isolated to those then I have no idea.
And this is probably one of my favorite mods, although I don't use it very much as I don't use mods in general very often at all.

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 23, 2010, 06:33:17 pm »

Also:
I'm not to sure if my raw reading skills are up to par, but the tartarian/elysian reaction requires two bars of black wolfram, heptaziom, orichalcum, and cotton candy to make 4 bars of tartarian/elysian steel. The problem is that a bar in game, for reaction purposes, is 150 bars. The reaction is repeated for the excess, but without needing fuel.

The strandsilver thing is really odd. It makes me think that there is duplicate raws, but if it's only isolated to those then I have no idea.
And this is probably one of my favorite mods, although I don't use it very much as I don't use mods in general very often at all.

Why would they do that, though? They're functionally identical to any other alloy reaction in the game, why would they alone do this?

I couldn't figure out strandsilver myself - I thought that was what it was, but I checked the files over and there was only one entry for both ores involved and their metals. I've removed them until I can fix it.

And thanks for the feedback, I really appreciate it.

Prepaid Lenin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 23, 2010, 06:46:11 pm »

I have a pair of bugs to report.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

As for the mod, I think you have just enough plants. Enough to make it interesting, but no enough to cause seedmageddon. Cherry cotton candy being super heavy is weird, but you were kind of forced into a corner with that. And if you are looking for sugestions I would like to see more metals, both mundane and fanciful.

Also can you give me a breakdown on the new metals? I can't really read raw.

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 23, 2010, 07:15:26 pm »

The "rock" bit I went over already - we can't figure out why it happens, but it's to do with strandsilver - which has been taken out until I can fix it. As for the vanilla vs mod bit, it's probably something to do with the order of the metals in the raws. Iron is the first metal listed, so they'd go for that first, if I'm right. If this is in the military, you can assign materials to uniform items so they won't go running for iron when you have better stuff.

As for the modded metals:
  • Ask MaximumZero about wolfram, black wolfram, hepatizon, orichalcum and elysian steel. Tartarian steel is pretty much identical to elysian.
  • Cobalt is the same as it is in Genesis.
  • The sampler cotton candy varieties are weaker versions of the good stuff. As you probably figured out. Blueberry has less of an edge, while cherry is lighter. Both of their armour-giving qualities are also somewhat reduced.
  • Cherry is super heavy to offer a counterpart to blueberry. Also as you probably figured out.

I really like adding new plants. What would you recommend be the upper limit on introducing new plants for the next release? I've got five typed up already. And trust me, there will be more metals. Ever heard of meteoric iron?

Prepaid Lenin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 23, 2010, 07:27:05 pm »

Meteoric iron was in the wonderment mod, one of my favorites. :)

The problem with lots of plants is that you end up with about a million stockpiled seeds. I played with Genesis for a couple months and this was kind of annoying. Variety is good though.

Edit: You wouldn't be doing chalcopyrite would you?
« Last Edit: October 23, 2010, 07:31:40 pm by Prepaid Lenin »

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 23, 2010, 07:33:21 pm »

Well, I don't intend to go anywhere NEAR the number of plants in Genesis. I have about seven plants left to write up, but I think I'll stop after that.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 23, 2010, 10:09:48 pm »

New reactions for my metals. After digging around in the raws and on the wiki, my entire raw file was screwed up. These should work a little better. fivex hit the nail on the head with the problem, and deserves a cookie.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 23, 2010, 10:12:14 pm »

Is this the same wrought iron and crucible steel from Genesis?

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 23, 2010, 10:15:00 pm »

Nope, I made them by hand. You may want to check them over. I've never actually looked at the Genesis mod. Also, I have clay, fired clay, bone china, and porcelain, if you want those. I know for a fact that those don't put out hundreds of boulders.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 23, 2010, 10:32:41 pm »

You posted those in the thread already.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 24, 2010, 08:38:37 am »

Did I? Man, I must be working too hard, or something. It's hard to keep track nowadays.

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 24, 2010, 07:49:23 pm »

Seriously, what the balls? The reactions are still buggered!

One of each reaction (excl. elysian/tartarian) and I ended up with this:
Black Wolfram: 74 (was 75 until I made orichalcum)
Hepatizon: 399 (was 400 until I made orichalcum)
Orichalcum: 300

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 24, 2010, 08:56:36 pm »

Okay, I'm lost now.

vhappylurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 24, 2010, 10:24:22 pm »

The problem with lots of plants is that you end up with about a million stockpiled seeds. I played with Genesis for a couple months and this was kind of annoying. Variety is good though.

About those seeds: I know there was a workshop mod by drayath that allowed you to distill drinks from seeds. Here's the thread about it: Seed Brewing Workshop
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13