Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13

Author Topic: Zaerosz's Flavour Mod v. 1.6 - Introducing Alchemy! (0.31.18)  (Read 12679 times)

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
Re: Zaerosz's Flavour Mod v. 1.0 - Accepting Contributions! (0.31.14)
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2010, 03:55:48 am »

...you gave her a cloak. Made of the heaviest metal in the game. Bloody hell, man, you practically invented the dwarven turtle!
くコ:彡

Xenos

• Bay Watcher
  • [DWARFINEER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2010, 04:11:59 am »

i also was planning on a hood...xD

How does the weight of the cherry cotton candy compare to the weight of the grandstands?

EDIT:  I am making another fort to see if i can find some sampler packs and some more blueberry. 

EDIT2:  YOU CAN EMBARK WITH ELKBIRDS!?!?!? :D :D :D ;) :P

EDIT3:  Well, I have 989 blueberry sampler, 2467 blueberry, 2855 cherry sampler, and 2456 cherry.  And the grandstands remain unmineable correct?
« Last Edit: October 02, 2010, 04:21:51 am by Xenos »
This is a useful feature..and this is DF.. so im gonna assume its bugged
That's what cages and minecart shotguns are for!  We don't need to control them.  We just need to aim them.
[DWARFINEERING]

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2010, 04:20:26 am »

Grandstands? Dunno what you mean by that, but the density value for cherry cotton candy is 40000 - sampler pack cherry is lighter, at 35000. Sampler blueberry is 400 - I think that's either twice or four times the weight of the normal. Not that it makes any difference.

Xenos

• Bay Watcher
  • [DWARFINEER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2010, 04:22:39 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Also, blueberry samplers are in gabbro.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2010, 04:26:21 am by Xenos »
That's what cages and minecart shotguns are for!  We don't need to control them.  We just need to aim them.
[DWARFINEERING]

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2010, 04:33:17 am »

Ah. Thanks. And the density for the grandstands is 200000.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2010, 04:36:43 am by Zaerosz »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2010, 06:46:46 am »

It looks fine for a "flavoUr" mod :P. Tasty materials is not something I want to ply with, but at least it's fun hehe.

I plan to make HFS-only stuff and add it to Genesis soon, because tons of random generated stuff is not that fun, I want something more specific (and Epic&Fun(c)) down there. So soon enough I can have plenty of stuff to contribute.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2010, 07:33:45 am »

"Flavour" is how we spell "flavor" over here in NZ. Or at least that's how I and everyone I know with access to a dictionary spell it.

And if you're looking for something about HFS mods, there's something somewhere around here about that, you could probably run a search for it.

Jake

• Bay Watcher
  • Remember Boatmurdered!
    • View Profile
    • My Web Fiction
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2010, 08:00:53 am »

Here's a suggestion for you: Irsonstone. Occurs in large clusters in sedimentary layers, capable of producing about half as much iron as a regular iron ore but could also be a source of black sand. Should contain small clusters of rose quartz and occasionally citrine.
Never used Dwarf Therapist, mods or tilesets in all the years I've been playing.
I think Toady's confusing interface better simulates the experience of a bunch of disorganised drunken dwarves running a fort.

Black Powder Firearms - Superior firepower, realistic manufacturing and rocket launchers!

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2010, 08:07:56 am »

"Flavour" is how we spell "flavor" over here in NZ. Or at least that's how I and everyone I know with access to a dictionary spell it.

And if you're looking for something about HFS mods, there's something somewhere around here about that, you could probably run a search for it.
I thought that "flavour" is more about "taste" and "flavor" is more about "theme", but I've checked it and it's the same word ;).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2010, 03:04:29 pm »

Here's a suggestion for you: Irsonstone. Occurs in large clusters in sedimentary layers, capable of producing about half as much iron as a regular iron ore but could also be a source of black sand. Should contain small clusters of rose quartz and occasionally citrine.
Thanks, I'll get right on that. I don't think I'll be able to add black sand into it, though. Maybe just have it appear in black sand as well?

Xenos

• Bay Watcher
  • [DWARFINEER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2010, 03:49:11 pm »

Oh, I have a question, does anthracite need to be coked?  Because the actual mineral does not...(it has had the volatile compounds driven off already)
[DWARFINEERING]

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2010, 03:51:30 pm »

Well, yes, it does need to be coked, but that was mainly to avoid issues with using the rock directly as fuel. Besides, the ARC Smelter uses magma, so you don't use fuel to coke it, so no big loss (besides time).

Xenos

• Bay Watcher
  • [DWARFINEER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2010, 03:57:54 pm »

Ah okay.  I was just wondering how you would get around the inability (as far as I know) to yield multiple ores from rock, and the actual lack of needing to coke anthracite coal.  Is it only able to be used at the ARC?  It should be able to be used at the standard smelter/magma smelter as well...I am no good with modding (When trying to speed up steel smelting by using multiple ores at once I accidentally got a 1:3000 input:output ratio.  Yeah...) or I would do this myself, but how viable is modding in pottery and porcelain?  Because I am loving the clay.  :D

PS:  Make clay a large cluster (like magnetite) rather than vein, and make veins of "Fine Clay" run through the cluster.  (if that is doable)  It would be completely identical but just more valuable. 

EDIT:  Along w/the more valuable, make it a lower yield. 

EDIT2:  I forgot that this thread isnt the one that used clay to make bricks >_>  woops...so, yeah.  Go steal the clay from the Human Fortress mod xD
[DWARFINEERING]

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2010, 04:03:56 pm »

Last time I tried modding clay, I ended up with smoky quartz roasts as an embark option.

Xenos

• Bay Watcher
  • [DWARFINEER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2010, 04:12:13 pm »

uh huh...what (i believe it was deon) did was change clay to a stone...
[DWARFINEERING]
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13