Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: danger room - station command buggy?  (Read 376 times)

slothen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
danger room - station command buggy?
« on: September 30, 2010, 06:36:17 pm »

I've set up a 6x6 danger room, and for the most part its working well.  Here's the problem though.  When i use the station command to put dwarves there, about half of them report to the correct place, and the other wait around (with the station job)  at my armor stockpile, which is several z levels above and quite a few tiles north and west.  Is the danger room too small?  Its a full squad of 10 dwarves.

If this is a bug, one possibility is that once, when half of them were in the danger room, i locked them in by forbidding the doors.  The other half then picked up their equipment at the armory, then because they couldn't get to the danger room, sat around there.  I suspect this because right now the doors are unlocked, and the 5 that were there originally will go there correctly, while the 5 that have never been there before are still 'stationed' in the armory.
While adding magma to anything will make it dwarfy, adding the word "magma" to your post does not necessarily make it funny.
Thoughts on water
MILITARY: squad, uniform, training
"DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF." -NW_Kohaku

caknuck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: danger room - station command buggy?
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2010, 06:40:45 pm »

Use an armor stand or weapon rack to define the danger room as a barracks and assign it to a training squad. In the military menu, set the squad to Active/Train and adjust its schedule to train every month. Works for me.
Quote from: Primary
*Kneels before Urist Dickpuncher*

slothen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: danger room - station command buggy?
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2010, 06:43:50 pm »

looking at it some more, I'm sure it was the forbidden doors that are bugging the particular dwarves.  those ones that got messed up will always go to the armory, no matter where i try to station them.  Canceling the station command doesn't help either.  removing them from the squad and putting them back in should solve the problem.
While adding magma to anything will make it dwarfy, adding the word "magma" to your post does not necessarily make it funny.
Thoughts on water
MILITARY: squad, uniform, training
"DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF." -NW_Kohaku