Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Looking For Brainstormers!  (Read 1824 times)

moki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Looking For Brainstormers!
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2010, 08:23:21 pm »

I will point out that in DF Urist is a womens name. Go ahead with calling it a guy though.

I will  point out that all dwarven names are gender neutral... only the original Urist from "one dwarf against the world" happened to be female.

If your dwarf is out of DF, he should wear really weird clothing. Like left pig leather shoe, right elephant leather shoe, two cloaks, a single glove and a shirt with pictures of cheese.

But my good sir, the second death was for Dwarven Science!

Caldfir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2010, 02:30:52 am »

Urist means "Dagger" in case you were wondering.

Which is kind of awesome, seeing as dwarves do not generally use daggers.  Or know how to make them. 

I would be entertained if said character often created objects/structures without any observable available tools. 

Also, they should be extremely comfortable in the nude. 
where is up?

Umi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2010, 02:43:12 pm »

Ideas (Some from this thread):
-No family importance.  They are there, so is your neighboor.  What's the difference?
-Extreme value placed on quality of objects no matter how meenial (I just know I butchered the spelling of that...).
-Great at following instructions, but only in the most utterly literal sense possible.  "Go get me a beer" and he will be back 12 years later with over 9000 socks, 4 children (Which he doesn't care about), the collapse of several fortresses and a really cold beer.
-Dislike for clothes, but will wear them when needed.  No value on fashion at all.  Mixture of leathers, plate mail, clothes and nudity abound.
-No understanding of anything complex and a limited understanding on cause and effect.  Difficulty corrolating pulling a lever with the room filling with lava.  Can build really complex things but not understand how it works in the slightest.

jmancube

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2010, 11:30:48 pm »

The dwarf needs to have a telepathic sense as to when there is a pair of socks nearby, and of course the ability to retrieve said socks at the absolute worst moment. They have also lost several friends when mysterious rooms with no doors were erected around them. Not that they cared or anything, they were eating in a magnificent dining room.

hexatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2010, 09:42:45 am »

Urist should have the mentality that whatever he wants should be in a certain place. And if it isn't where he expects it to be, the nearest living creature would face the blame of "stealing" said object.

Also a complete lack of understanding property ownership. If he wanted booze, then obviously that human village over yonder must have TONS, and as a dwarf it is expected that said booze is HIS. It never was theirs. Violence ensues.

jellsprout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2010, 11:04:10 am »

Whenever Urist spots a rock surface, he should smooth the surface and engrave it. With nothing more than his fingers. If the party sets up camp on the side of a mountain, they should wake up with the entire mountain engraved with pictures of mushrooms, trees, mountain goats and the foundation of Tangledpicks by the Ring of Forests of the Humble Pulley in the early spring of 302.
"Having been equipped with tracking collars so their migration and survival in the wild can be measured, the young Sea Serpent is released into the wild.  It is hoped that this captive breeding program will boost their terribly low population numbers and eventually see them removed from the endangered species list..."

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2010, 12:34:29 pm »

You might also find a fair number of quirks in the MLID and the Note to Urist - Express Frustration to your dwarves threads.

Whenever Urist spots a rock surface, he should smooth the surface and engrave it. With nothing more than his fingers beard.

Fixed. I imagine engravers are like M-O from WALL-E
« Last Edit: October 03, 2010, 12:39:23 pm by Niveras »

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2010, 12:37:26 pm »

Whenever Urist spots a rock surface, he should smooth the surface and engrave it. With nothing more than his fingers. If the party sets up camp on the side of a mountain, they should wake up with the entire mountain engraved with pictures of mushrooms, trees, mountain goats and the foundation of Tangledpicks by the Ring of Forests of the Humble Pulley in the early spring of 302.
Atleast five of them should be Urist eating a piece of cheese, and one should be of another engraveing in the campside, preferibly one of the ones with Ursit eating cheese.
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

hexatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2010, 12:55:24 pm »

Don't forget an engraving of him engraving.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2010, 01:05:14 pm by hexatic »

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2010, 07:02:09 pm »

An engraving of him engraving the cheese picture. Or an engraving of him engraving himself engraving.

Dammit, engraving doesn't look like a word anymore.
くコ:彡

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2010, 07:26:13 pm »

No matter how crappy his/her day gets, no matter how violent their past, no matter how badly they miss their family and friends, or missed out on one hell of an opportunity; if there's an epic enough dining hall/room, the next thought in their head is "Fuck it, this place is beauty beyond comprehension.", and will mellow out almost immediately after snacking in there.

Encased in burning magma

• Bay Watcher
  • Nekkid
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2010, 05:41:13 am »

Clearly, he needs a sock fetish.

What about making him go on break in the middle of a major battle?
[MILL_CHILD:ONLY_IF_GOOD_REASON]
Pages: 1 [2]