Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: So much nicer here.  (Read 30427 times)

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
Re: So much nicer here.
« Reply #90 on: October 03, 2010, 10:48:27 pm »

Really? The only difference I notice is a greater tendency for the lower forums to derail.
But I've only been here since September, so I'm kind of a newbie.  :)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 03, 2010, 11:18:07 pm »

Check out the "What the hell, Congress!?" thread. I think its maturing into its derail phase of existence pretty soon.
Probably. Theres less talking about the crazy and the other guy who helped the crazy suggest the bill, and more talking about chewing tobacco by-products. ::)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 03, 2010, 11:33:35 pm »

Mmmm, there have been a couple of flamewars. Mainly back in the days of 'Various Nonsense'.

Oh, wait, we're talking about politics now, right?  ???

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 04, 2010, 12:02:57 am »

No, US politics and chewing tobacco are the topic of the "What the Hell Congress" thread, other countries go in the happy/sad threads.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 04, 2010, 12:25:07 am »

except Canadian stuff. that goes in the possibility of legal prosittution in Canada thread,eh?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 04, 2010, 12:36:14 am »

You guys need to head down to the lower forums.  We're like a dwarf bar, every conversation ends in punches being thrown.
Shoes...

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 04, 2010, 01:22:04 am »

And we all end up buddies at the end of it.

All the nastiness happens on the lower forums, but it's still way less than most forums, which is nice.

Ironically, everyone who frequents the lower forums are basically interwoven and there's like several massive groups of friends, who all know everyone else in the Finally section and almost never come up here. It's the amount of people up here that's doing most of the work keeping the flames down, combined with a good community and two fair and respected moderators.

Am I interwoven with you Jack.

Also what you say is very true. I used to post a ton up here like two years ago and now this is my first post in the upper world in like three months.

Edit: Sometimes the stark contrast between the lower and upper forums stagger me.
You are connected to the very fiber of my being, Criptfiend. I blame you for the acne, by the way.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 04, 2010, 05:19:40 pm »

Yeah. That sounds about right.

Julien Brightside

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Artblog
« Reply #98 on: October 04, 2010, 05:51:38 pm »

No one wants to be a troll on bay12 forums. Trolls are in league with goblins, and goblins usually suffer the same fate as elves.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 04, 2010, 07:55:37 pm »

I have four people on my ignore list.

Three of them count my rather broad definition of troll.

Two of them do it on purpose.

They care not for magma.

Sourlout

• Bay Watcher
  • L-l-l-ook at you hacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 06, 2010, 02:17:32 pm »

The *worse* thing that DF forums have gotten into (off the top of my head) has been either the sexy-mod/comic for dwarf fortress (which I didn't mind) and the classic ascII versus 'graphics'.  (which we *all* known that ____ is much better then the other one) When I was looking into minecraft for the first time, I almost wrote off the game just due to their horrid forums.  Last night I saw a posting on a 'mod' some one did, where it was obviously a kid's first attempt at changing the icons in the game and he was proud of it, and everyone was flaming him for doing such a poor job.  wtf is wrong with those people.

I think a lot of the credit for our forums consistent level of quality is that Toady cares about how the forums are run and that he takes action when it is needed.  Now i have only been here for, what, 3 years (?) but I would  imagine that when the forums were smaller, Toady established the culture of the forums, which have carried on to today.  This can be seen in the self patrolling that occurs sometimes, but also just in how people act on the forums.

So... go DF Forums! (?)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 06, 2010, 03:56:43 pm »

The *worse* thing that DF forums have gotten into

Do the lower fourms count? Because that is nothing.

Bobbias

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 06, 2010, 09:22:02 pm »

There is only really one topic that the Minecraft forums aren't horrid in: discussing designing computers/digital logic with Redstone. The threads are either filled with people praising everyone who happens to know something about digital design as gods, or people trading information on how to do things with the Redstone, which is a nice change from every single other post on that forum. I've gotta say that Redstone is possibly the only thing that Minecraft has over DF, and thanks to the lack of blocks that Redstone can actually interact with, it's a lot less useful than computerized mechanisms can be here.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 06, 2010, 11:23:49 pm »

True, redstone makes computing easier in Minecraft, especially given the lack of power requirements.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 11, 2010, 02:23:04 am »

Posting so I can track this so I can come back and read it when it becomes convenient.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8