Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: Dead Rising 2  (Read 10555 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Dead Rising 2
« Reply #90 on: October 09, 2010, 02:21:56 pm »

Its like playing any other game, going to the menu to save, and suddenly a guy jumps out and stabs your character in the face for no reason. Felt very arbitrary and I lost about an hour of play time. Meh.
Well, the game is quite unforgiving for new players with all random tactics and timers :P.

But when you get used to it, you'll see that it's VERY easy. It's a game which requires a bit of skill and a lot of pre-knowledge (that's why you have to replay it).

And yeah, I don't have a dodge-roll still. As I said, JUMP ASIDE, it works like a charm and you won't get any damage at all.
I'm not talking about it being unforgiving, just that this death seemed so arbitrary. I hadn't even answered the call which presumably told me about the guy in the bathroom, I had just gotten it and wanted to do a quick save before moving on to save a survivor... walk in the bathroom unprepared and wow, dead. I don't like repeating my gameplay I guess. I'll give it some more time today and see what I can do.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 09, 2010, 02:50:37 pm »

Sure TIR is random but the money it gives is a bit excessive

In fact you can easily earn more money in one TIR then you can playing through the actual campaign.

Linenoise

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 12, 2010, 03:20:18 pm »

I'm glad I checked this out via a torrent. The keymapping is utter BS. The key config file is barely even readable on top of that, and I've done my fair share of rewriting/remapping keys in .inis. There's no way I'm going to spend 30 mins mapping and retesting keys. Also, the game only wants to recognize 360 controllers. Got a generic dual shock? Haha, suck it, it won't work.

I'm sure the game is entertaining. But this has to be one of the laziest PC ports I've run across this year.

I ran into these problems as well. It really irritated me that I could not even use a gamepad without having to install some 3rd party XBOX360 controller emulator (and it still didn't work). I also found the combat a little clunky at times.

It was a fun game to be sure and I would like to have played more but the inability to keymap (I'm left handed so WASD is my gaming bane!) and the lack of gamepad support killed it for me and is the precises reason why I "Demo" console ports, before buying them.

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
  • Multiclass Bard/Kitten trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 12, 2010, 03:48:49 pm »

I just buy the PS3 version. That way I get a working version and don't help Microsoft screw over the PC.

And I don't have to download potentially infected illegal copies.
Come see the MOST interesting Twitter account on the internet!  Mine!

Don't worry!  Be happy!  It's the law!

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 12, 2010, 08:45:12 pm »

Took me 72 hours (lol hilarious!) to finish this. Got the true ending on the first go, now I've finished everything, zombies can't handle me now. It's gotten too easy.

Guess that means game over?
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Empty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 12, 2010, 10:18:30 pm »

I still rage at the targeting.

Park your bike or any other large object near a door icon and you can forget using that damn icon.

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 13, 2010, 07:40:19 am »

I still rage at the targeting.

Park your bike or any other large object near a door icon and you can forget using that damn icon.
So move it.
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 21, 2011, 02:24:08 pm »

RISE!!! (pun intended)

I just got this game a few days ago and I'm having a blast. I hate the time limit tho.

For those who love the game but hate the clock, here's an easy solution:

• Download "Cheat Engine", run it and select the deadrising2.exe process.
  • Look at your watch until the "seconds" change, then quickly pause it (ESC twice). Do this in a zombie-free zone :P
  • Search for the number in Cheat Engine
  • Repeat step 2 and 3 as needed
  • Add the memory location and save. Now you have your very own Time-Freeze trainer.

This is great if you already beat the game and just want to play "unlimited mode" or something.

The chef wasn't so hard after a bit of practice. Bring a gun: you want to shoot him when he's eating if he's too far away. But only once: then hit him a couple times then hide if he starts throwing crap at ya.

You can actually run away from some of the psychopaths, they'll just remain at their location until their mission deadline runs out. That's actually one of the easiest "cheaty" ways to kill the bathroom guy: from outside the door :P he tries to hit you then runs back in (with a few extra shotgun shells in the back). Most of them also don't heal between fights.

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 21, 2011, 06:16:39 pm »

At level 50 with knife gloves and backup food, you can literally just walk up to bosses and beat on them.

Most of the time you won't even need the food.
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 21, 2011, 11:10:46 pm »

Yeah, I figured that out once I got all my 5 wingmen and my shotgun out, literally just standing there and farming kills for big PP.

The sisters are still a bit annoying. Anyway a good PainKiller goes a long way.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]