Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Rejecting created worlds  (Read 591 times)

Vehudur

• Bay Watcher
  • [evil]
    • View Profile
Rejecting created worlds
« on: September 28, 2010, 03:52:28 am »

I haven't been able to find any problems with the world itself, besides the fact it takes an abnormally long time to generate the rivers and lakes for it.

Well, every single time it gets down to between 2 and 5 lakes left to generate, hangs for 30 seconds and then rejects the world.  Any ideas why this might be?

The world has preset terrain, rainfall, drainage, volcanism and savagery.  All of the settings are otherwise set to allow the game to do pretty much whatever it wants, and it still won't do it.

Edit:  Because it takes so long to generate, what I'm wondering is would it be possible to set it to only reject 4 or 5 times before it prompts me for action?  (which would be good, because then i could skip it and see how it goes)

Editx2:  I discovered why.  It is resulting from the map hitting its cap of 5,000 sub-regions.  I'm not sure how to fix that without redoing large parts of the map so they're less complex.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2010, 04:43:17 am by Vehudur »
...and a third died in his bunk of natural causes - for a dagger in the heart quite naturally ends one's life.

I used to have an avatar, but I was told to remove it after it kept making people go insane.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
Re: Rejecting created worlds
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2010, 07:20:11 am »

Can you raise the sublimit cap? Or is 5000 the highest the game lets you set it?
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Vehudur

• Bay Watcher
  • [evil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2010, 12:43:57 pm »

If I can, I haven't figured out how.
...and a third died in his bunk of natural causes - for a dagger in the heart quite naturally ends one's life.

I used to have an avatar, but I was told to remove it after it kept making people go insane.

Kweri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2010, 01:21:20 pm »

If you open the world gen file (data\init\world_gen.txt) in a text editor, you can set the subregion cap to much higher than it allows you to set it in game. I've done this and have no problems generating worlds with the cap set at 500000.

Edit: The line you're looking for is [SUBREGION_MAX:#], set # to whatever outrageously high integer you desire.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2010, 01:39:31 pm by Kweri »

NKDietrich

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2010, 01:38:11 pm »

Yep. I did that to my world_gen and now I can really go nuts with the variances and stuff, and get a lot of really crazy worlds. The only thing that gives me rejections now is when there's no place for a dwarf civ.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2010, 01:39:53 pm by NKDietrich »

Vehudur

• Bay Watcher
  • [evil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2010, 03:11:26 pm »

If you open the world gen file (data\init\world_gen.txt) in a text editor, you can set the subregion cap to much higher than it allows you to set it in game. I've done this and have no problems generating worlds with the cap set at 500000.

Edit: The line you're looking for is [SUBREGION_MAX:#], set # to whatever outrageously high integer you desire.

Ok, thanks a lot.