Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Using plants in reactions?  (Read 1401 times)

InsanityPrelude

• Bay Watcher
  • O SHI--
    • View Profile
Re: Using plants in reactions?
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2010, 07:51:41 pm »

Touché.

Actually, come to think of it I'm all for "diplomatic incidents" regarding the content of my soap. And by "diplomatic incidents" I mean "if you don't like it, here's the magma lever."
Forget down stairs, make an up stair
And then what?  Mine the sky? . . .  Actually, that'd be awesome.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2010, 08:32:43 pm »

I'll try my version of the reaction first (if I haven't completely boned my computer). Hopefully the other stuff I added works, too. I want me some hellberries.

(The booze you get from hellberries is callet 'tortured spirits'. Derp, bad pun.)

That's just the kind of pun we need in the S.L.A.D.E. mod Could you post the raws for them there?
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2010, 08:38:19 pm »

It's worth noting that using the default template it still has [IMPLIES_ANIMAL_KILL] whether it's from plants or animals. Could be a problem if elves start bitching about animal products again in the future.

Now the optimum thing, i think, would be to edit your civilization's ethics tags so that you can eliminate the middleman and make soap out of the elves...
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Wyrm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2010, 07:45:09 pm »

You could edit the templates file so that [IMPLIES_ANIMAL_KILL] is absent from the soap template, putting them back in the actual soap declarations. Or copy-paste-modify a new template for plant-based soaps.

InsanityPrelude

• Bay Watcher
  • O SHI--
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2010, 09:14:29 am »

I found a plant soap template in CivForge that wasn't being used by anything anyway, so I have it pointing to that now. I don't know why it seemed so confusing before.
Forget down stairs, make an up stair
And then what?  Mine the sky? . . .  Actually, that'd be awesome.

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2010, 05:22:26 pm »

Whoa. Didn't realise this was still alive. Just came up with a justification for plant soap still having [IMPLIES_ANIMAL_KILL] - to elves, you're killing plants to make it, which is arguably worse. To them.

And I think I've figured out what might cause issues with the hellberries, so I'll post them in the S.L.A.D.E. topic ASAP.
くコ:彡

magistrate101

• Bay Watcher
  • That one kid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2010, 08:55:47 pm »

Whoa. Didn't realise this was still alive. Just came up with a justification for plant soap still having [IMPLIES_ANIMAL_KILL] - to elves, you're killing plants to make it, which is arguably worse. To them.

And I think I've figured out what might cause issues with the hellberries, so I'll post them in the S.L.A.D.E. topic ASAP.

If they're elves, make pressure plates around the trade depot so it explodes when the elves come by, then loot what they drop :D

If it's humans, place the Plant Guardians (a mod being worked on) around it, and watch as their Steel Sword arms chop through the humans...

If it's Dorfs, destroy ALL defence and traps, and let the elves out, and watch the caravan rip the elves in half :D

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2010, 09:14:57 pm »

What did that have to do with anything I said?
くコ:彡
Pages: 1 [2]