Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Legendary Wrestler...?  (Read 2896 times)

Kamudo

• Bay Watcher
  • [SO_FLY]
    • View Profile
Legendary Wrestler...?
« on: September 27, 2010, 09:21:35 pm »

So, I'm attacking this Hydra. I simply grab his left leg with my right upper arm, and now my Human is a legendary wrestler, legendary fighter, and close to leveling the skill again.

So... What the hell just happened? O_o
Lisidadil - A story of one of my first forts.

The continual tale of survival in a harsh land of hate, Fun, betrayal, love, and maybe a random elf or two... If we're unlucky.

Knigel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Legendary Wrestler...?
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2010, 09:29:57 pm »

So, I'm attacking this Hydra. I simply grab his left leg with my right upper arm, and now my Human is a legendary wrestler, legendary fighter, and close to leveling the skill again.

So... What the hell just happened? O_o

Hydra necks may be arrow fodder, but they're still megabeast. You get more experience fighting stronger animals/monsters, but I'm not sure exactly how it works.

Wrestling skill in particularly might have something to do with how all those heads make hydras crazy dangerous grapplers, but I'm not sure if the specific skills of what you fight or the difficulty in using certain skills effect amount of experience gained.

Kamudo

• Bay Watcher
  • [SO_FLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2010, 09:39:14 pm »

Oh, okay.

I'm just surprised it only took one grapple.

Then my Adventurer went and slashed out one of it's fangs. A pretty kickass memento.

The continual tale of survival in a harsh land of hate, Fun, betrayal, love, and maybe a random elf or two... If we're unlucky.

Kobold Troubadour

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUSICALITY: +-]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2010, 09:44:00 pm »

Bascially, the bigger the target that you wrestle with, the more experience you get. So trying to headlock a megabeast level-ups those skills to legendary instantly, you suddenly get musclebound & can use a crapload of masterful grapple moves to bring a can of whoop-ass.

But that doesn't mean that you can actually strangle them with ease...they are still bigger and stronger. And if they're feeling smart, they'd just throw you against a wall in breakneck speed...which leads to more than just a broken neck.
[UTTERANCES] kinda' makes it hard for people to understand kobold songs...

Kamudo

• Bay Watcher
  • [SO_FLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2010, 09:50:54 pm »

Mm, alrighty. Seems like a good way to train up no-stat skills pretty fast.

Though, my Swordsmanship didn't go up a whole lot when fighting it, but it did a bit, so not bad.

Victuz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2010, 10:27:35 pm »

Yesterday I fought a bronze colossus and I had a similar problem. After a short while (which I survived without injury) I had:
Legendary axedwarf (I know axe and a colossus... but I met him by accident!)
Legendary armor user
Legendary shield user
Legendary wrestler
Legendary fighter
Legendary dodger
Legendary ... something I don't remember what

The thing is I couldn't harm it and well it couldn't harm me. Eventually it seems that bronze colossus also "skilled up" and started chasing after me like a sports car, while before it was barely catching up to me (I just went "ah what the hell!" and tried to attack it) after 5 minutes of the battle it was literally IMPOSSIBLE to get it off me! I kept running away, he kept charging at me, I got knocked down (no harm at all), I stand up, repeat. He chased me through the entire map and I was trying to get him into a dwarven city (would be elven city but sadly there were none of them around... any more :>)  but eventually decided it's too far and tried something else. So I jumped into the biggest pond I could find to loose him.
Well he didn't jump after me :).
And... I didn't have a skill in swimming...
And... I couldn't get out...
And... I kinda...
drowned...

BUT I WAS SO LEGENDARY AND BADASS!
I once flung a migrant off a bridge. He collided with the brook cliff and died.
A year later, my legendary engraver engraved him colliding with an obstacle and dying.

Kamudo

• Bay Watcher
  • [SO_FLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2010, 10:30:30 pm »

I think I got to cocky or something. I just tried to fight a Bronze Colossus as well. I didn't have any Fluffy wamblers, but meh. I died in a fire, cause I lit a bunch of trees to try and burn the colossus to death. At least I managed to fracture his head with my Hydra fang. O-o

Kobold Troubadour

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUSICALITY: +-]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2010, 12:51:36 am »

So I jumped into the biggest pond I could find to loose him.
Well he didn't jump after me :).
And... I didn't have a skill in swimming...
And... I couldn't get out...
And... I kinda...
drowned...

BUT I WAS SO LEGENDARY AND BADASS!
Kinda' sad when a Legendary warrior can't even dip his toes in the kiddy pool without the risk of water filled lungs related death.

...And I bet even the Colossus was disappointed....
[UTTERANCES] kinda' makes it hard for people to understand kobold songs...

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
  • It's my greatest creation yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2010, 10:47:00 am »

What if megabeasts are so magical, that simply touching them fills you with raw, primeval power?
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

Comrade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2010, 05:16:09 pm »

I had broke every bone in a horse and went to the farthest town and slept in a bed, my sleep was abrupted because the horse with broken bones had followed me and was having an epilepsy over me. After i killed it the town went nuts and a child had punched me in the head and fractured my skull, punching through my brain.

Kamudo

• Bay Watcher
  • [SO_FLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2010, 06:06:14 pm »

Can Bronze Colossi be killed without fluffy wamblers?

Urist McMick

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait... what?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2010, 06:16:26 pm »

Yeah, Melt 'em, Toss 'em a couple dozen z-levels, Or remove the plug that holds the magic liquid which animates them, (well, maybe in the future...)
In a World without Walls and Fences, who needs Gates and Windows?
You could bite into your computer screen, chipping teeth and fucking up the screen.

Kamudo

• Bay Watcher
  • [SO_FLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2010, 06:23:53 pm »

Mm. My Adventurer can't melt them. Maybe I can try to drown them? O_o

ghosteh

• Bay Watcher
  • Free Charles Bronson
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2010, 11:11:24 am »

Yeah, Melt 'em, Toss 'em a couple dozen z-levels, Or remove the plug that holds the magic liquid which animates them, (well, maybe in the future...)

Urist and the Magmanauts
I've killed enough humans to know their patterns.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2010, 12:55:14 pm »

Either mod in some magical parts, or make them do charge by you and fall down and die. Make sure not to dodge there too though :P.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository
Pages: [1] 2