Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Dis-Interest in Talking, and Problems with Giant Douchebags.  (Read 3592 times)

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dis-Interest in Talking, and Problems with Giant Douchebags.
« Reply #45 on: September 28, 2010, 11:23:05 pm »

I don't like chems, theres always a warmup, a cooldown, and one of them aint fun.

Also, they're unnecessary for most people.

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 28, 2010, 11:49:25 pm »

Just punch Tyler Holloway in the face multiple times. That will deal with him.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 30, 2010, 03:40:27 am »

if you've got the nuts you can just leave off them for a few days just to see what happens.
Bad advise. Really bad. Taking such "breaks" may disrupt the whole treatment "schedule", setting the person back several months or worse. It's not toys.

Every time you catch yourself moping alone, do push-ups.
This is just another way of hiding from the problems, akin to videogames or drinking. Working out releases endorphines, but just like any other escapist route, it fails to give you a real platform to stand on, and do not change anything. Not to mention that if you're depressed, you might not have the energy to start working out to begin with. In fact, that's the reason meds are so much more important in depression-cases than otherwise, because they're there to give you the energy to change yourself. Without that spark, there isn't really very much the depressed person can do about it.

I don't like chems, theres always a warmup, a cooldown, and one of them aint fun.

Plaster/casts are unnecessary for most people. Doesn't mean they're not helpful when you've got a broken leg or two.
Love, scriver~

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 30, 2010, 04:30:29 am »

if you've got the nuts you can just leave off them for a few days just to see what happens.
Bad advise. Really bad. Taking such "breaks" may disrupt the whole treatment "schedule", setting the person back several months or worse. It's not toys.

Every time you catch yourself moping alone, do push-ups.
This is just another way of hiding from the problems, akin to videogames or drinking. Working out releases endorphines, but just like any other escapist route, it fails to give you a real platform to stand on, and do not change anything. Not to mention that if you're depressed, you might not have the energy to start working out to begin with. In fact, that's the reason meds are so much more important in depression-cases than otherwise, because they're there to give you the energy to change yourself. Without that spark, there isn't really very much the depressed person can do about it.

Plaster/casts are unnecessary for most people. Doesn't mean they're not helpful when you've got a broken leg or two.

Good to see you have plenty of ideas to spare.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 30, 2010, 04:42:01 am »

Good to see you have plenty of ideas to spare.
The best advise the OP could get has already been given to him by Vector. Now it's time for the fruitless bickering and unavoidable derailing.
Hopefully not about cheese, this time.
Love, scriver~

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 02, 2010, 11:49:53 am »

The disinterest is natural. Just say yes until you stop hearing their voice. As for the guy messing with you, find something he doesn't like about himself. Anything. And when he insults you, say something about it. It's like digging a knife in, you just have to keep wiggling and wiggling until eventually he'll just lose it. At that point when you think he's about to go psycho, start taking track and doing cardio. You'll need to run. I've done this about seven times, three of them they threw scissors. But it does wonders for your cardio!

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 02, 2010, 12:18:46 pm »

And an update:

Computers out, upgrading to Quad-Core and 8 GB of DDR2 RAM. Posting on my brothers computer.

Since I went back to 75mg I've been talking more and more, and surprisingly it feels like this is a good balance. The guy has altogether stopped it, but I wouldn't put it past him to start it again.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 02, 2010, 12:28:32 pm »

It wasn't clear what exactly happened as far as what you said and vs what you said.

Anyways, it sounds like a lower dose is better for you, but DON'T take my word here as you should speak with your doctor about that and we don't know the full details of why and details about the medicine. The main reason you started taking it was to help yourself through your dads death and various family troubles, until you got over it, right?

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 02, 2010, 12:48:26 pm »

The main reason you started taking it was to help yourself through your dads death and various family troubles, until you got over it, right?
Yes

Agdune

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 02, 2010, 08:19:25 pm »

No! Come back and join us in disdain of others and shed yourself of peers! Listen not to these cheerful people and their stories of happiness, you are better off with us! You need us! Don't leave us-s-s-sss- *cough*, we nee-eed yooou, Join your brothers and sisters of untalkative hate! you'll pay for this betrayal, do you know who we are? You can't leave, it is too late, we control your soul! *hysterical screams and thrashing*
I'm Mr. Cellophane

Xenos

• Bay Watcher
  • [DWARFINEER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 03, 2010, 04:10:05 am »

Well, I wont beat a dead horse by commenting on the anti-depressants, but I will say kudos for actually getting help.  I never did until very recently, I wish I had sooner.  It would have been loads easier than figuring out how to somewhat control my depression. 

ANYWAY, what I wanted to say was that many people are not as sociable as others and I wouldn't worry too much about the dis-interest in talking unless it progressed to disliking talking or something similar.  But it would seem that it is linked to your medication which makes me want to try an experiment with my medication...
This is a useful feature..and this is DF.. so im gonna assume its bugged
That's what cages and minecart shotguns are for!  We don't need to control them.  We just need to aim them.
[DWARFINEERING]

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 03, 2010, 10:45:54 am »

Helpful? It's immediately obvious that the cast is necessary.
It prevents further damage to the limb.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]