Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Dis-Interest in Talking, and Problems with Giant Douchebags.  (Read 3588 times)

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dis-Interest in Talking, and Problems with Giant Douchebags.
« on: September 27, 2010, 08:50:03 pm »

Since the start of the school-year, I've been fairly outgoing, and I've talked to a few girls even(One teases me, ugh) but in the past week or so I've seen a dis-interest in.. Talking, I guess? I cracked jokes a lot at the beginning easily but now it's just.. Boring.

I guess I might mention I recently went from 75mg to 100mg on my antidepressants. I used to take 50mg for about a year, then we took a baby step and we finally decided to bump it up to 100mg. I'm not having suicidal thoughts or anything, just a lack of interest in.. Socializing, I guess you could say?

Now, on to issue numero dos. At football practice this kid, Tyler Holloway, repeatedly keeps insulting me to my face. Today he got his facemask on my facemask, and after throwing insults back and forth I pushed him away and yelled at him to stop starting shit. Next time, I'm going to do something. I don't know what, but something. I may not flip out and hurt him, but I'm going to get a grip on him and tell him to fucking stop the bullshit, and to get over whatever his problem is.

madk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • pineapplemachine
Re: Dis-Interest in Talking, and Problems with Giant Douchebags.
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2010, 08:52:02 pm »

Happens to us all every now and then. Just keep going until you're in a better mood.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2010, 08:56:18 pm »

Uhh.
What.
I think I know someone named Tyler Holloway. Or I might. Not too sure.
Wildcats? Or something.
Erhg. Why do I bother.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2010, 09:11:50 pm »

Talk to Tyler Holloway calmly. Tell Tyler Holloway that his insults are upsetting you and you want Tyler Holloway to stop. If (when) Tyler Holloway sneers, catch Tyler Holloway in the jaw with a good hook, but make sure to flip the bale first. You have to give yourself some line.

I think that fishing metaphor got out of hand.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2010, 09:25:03 pm »

I guess I might mention I recently went from 75mg to 100mg on my antidepressants. I used to take 50mg for about a year, then we took a baby step and we finally decided to bump it up to 100mg. I'm not having suicidal thoughts or anything, just a lack of interest in.. Socializing, I guess you could say?

Is there any particular reason you upped the dosage? Drugs do mess with how you feel and behave, whether they're prescribed or not. If you feel more apathetic and uninterested in the social aspects of life after upping the dosage of behaviour-altering drugs... well, I'm seeing a correlation.

Next time, I'm going to do something. I don't know what, but something. I may not flip out and hurt him, but I'm going to get a grip on him and tell him to fucking stop the bullshit, and to get over whatever his problem is.

If he's insulting you for no reason he's just an asshole (well, if he's insulting you for a reason, he's an asshole anyways but at least you could stop doing whatever provoked him). I suggest avoiding swearing 'for emphasis' when you confront him, as that's just going to escalate things and your feud will spiral wildly out of control like another paint stroke on the Red Baron's plane.

(and what's a 'facemask'? is this some newfangled phrase for "he wouldn't get out of my face"?)

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2010, 09:34:49 pm »

Uhh.
What.
I think I know someone named Tyler Holloway. Or I might. Not too sure.
Wildcats? Or something.
Erhg. Why do I bother.
Ho. Lee. Fuck. You're close. Utley Wolves ring a bell? Jesus christ, dude, Wildcats is.. The name of the team we went up against last week.
Talk to Tyler Holloway calmly. Tell Tyler Holloway that his insults are upsetting you and you want Tyler Holloway to stop. If (when) Tyler Holloway sneers, catch Tyler Holloway in the jaw with a good hook, but make sure to flip the bale first. You have to give yourself some line.

I think that fishing metaphor got out of hand.
Right. Thanks for that-I am going to draw the line somewhere, but thanks for recommending I tell him first. I doubt it'll stop him, but I'll see if what I do after will. I should mention we wear pads, so I'm going to have to do something that doesn't make me look like a retard since it's practically impossible for us to hurt each-other. Maybe before practice. If they get onto me for it I'll just say he harassed me and keep it at that. If it escalates, so be it. I'm not going to be pushed around.

Is there any particular reason you upped the dosage? Drugs do mess with how you feel and behave, whether they're prescribed or not. If you feel more apathetic and uninterested in the social aspects of life after upping the dosage of behaviour-altering drugs... well, I'm seeing a correlation.

Next time, I'm going to do something. I don't know what, but something. I may not flip out and hurt him, but I'm going to get a grip on him and tell him to fucking stop the bullshit, and to get over whatever his problem is.

If he's insulting you for no reason he's just an asshole (well, if he's insulting you for a reason, he's an asshole anyways but at least you could stop doing whatever provoked him). I suggest avoiding swearing 'for emphasis' when you confront him, as that's just going to escalate things and your feud will spiral wildly out of control like another paint stroke on the Red Baron's plane.

(and what's a 'facemask'? is this some newfangled phrase for "he wouldn't get out of my face"?)
Facemask is the iron 'grille' on the front of a Football Player's helmet. Not the visor, though.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2010, 09:37:44 pm by x2yzh9 »

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2010, 09:45:30 pm »

...am I missing somthing, or are you really taking antidepressants only to make yourself socialize better? If so, don't. Just don't. If there's ever been a type of drug with more drawbacks than benefits, antidepressants would be it.

Even if you do have another reason for using them, it might be best to lower the dosage over time, not raise it.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2010, 09:51:35 pm »

I talked to my mom about putting dosage back to 50 for a few days and seeing how that works out. I've taken them for a year, mainly because my father died and a whole slew of family problems. Before that I couldn't go a day without breaking down.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2010, 09:53:33 pm »

If he is taking prescription drugs he is taking them for a reason. Thus it is ill advised to recommend over the net to someone to dump his medication.

Besides, it's not there is one single type of antidepressants anyway. Most modern ones are quite effective and have few side effects.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2010, 10:01:43 pm »

Don't let your mother convince you to remain on these drugs if it is not what you wish. I (being highly biased against doctors, keep that in mind when considering my advice on this) would suggest trying to go down and down on the dosage, even ever so slightly. Sooner or later, you might not need them at all any more. Or don't, this is just my personal aversion to drug dependance talking.

In any case, that isn't what this thread is about. As for what to do with this guy, your options vary. You could risk physical violence, but I wouldn't even touch that if you don't know you can beat him so clearly that he'll never even look at you again. Negotiation tends to not be an option with assholes. You could try going to your coach about it, but that all depends on several factors that only you know (how much said coach genuinely cares about stopping stuff like this, how much he feels he needs this jerk on the team vs. how much he feels he needs you on the team, ect.). Sorry to say, but you don't have many options here.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Eugenitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2010, 11:00:56 pm »

Get him hooked up with the local drug dealer, then call the cops on them both.

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2010, 11:03:38 pm »

Get him hooked up with the local drug dealer, then call the cops on them both.
Hehe, sadly we don't have any drug dealers here! Well, I mean, we do, but statistically we have like 1 drug-related arrest per week. And the population is like, what, 10-20,000?

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2010, 11:03:49 pm »

Why are you having problems with a giants douchebag?  :P

Eugenitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2010, 11:05:48 pm »

Find out where his parents work. Google carefully to see if his parents have any.. other.. interests they'd rather not have the world know about, or Facebook profiles they'd rather not have their boss seeing, or anything like that. Expose them and get his parents fired. Laugh.

Eugenitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2010, 11:22:40 pm »

Oh, geez, I totally forgot... I'm sorry, I really should have thought about the current school climate before I suggested esoteric techniques like that.

Use the same Google-fu to find out *his* social networking profiles; he might not have any at all, but almost all US teens do these days. Then see if there's anything on them that can be construed as being violent or drug-related or something like that. There is? Well that was easy, just anonymously (and I do mean anonymous, use Torbutton with Firefox) e-mail the principal with this info and he gets a free trip to Suspensionland or Expulsionville. He might say stuff like that, but not openly? Anonymously make a social networking account, be his best friend on it, and goad him into doing so. Proceed with anonymous e-mail to authorities.

Sky's the limit with social engineering, dude. The Internet's your plaything if you know how.

Of course if you can just conceal a recorder on your person when he's threatening you, a copy of THAT goes to the principal and it's one-and-done.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4