Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Nobles  (Read 1997 times)

Chandrak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Nobles
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2010, 03:34:05 am »

has anyone validated this?

I have. Just tried it, worked like a charm. Its also listed as a fix on the wiki page, so should work for just about everyone.

nickbii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2010, 09:03:24 am »

has anyone validated this?
Not really.

But it just worked for me. Accidentally -- I left my expedition leader alone and he just didn't meet with the liaison until all the merchants were gone.

For the record it's year 9, and I've met the requirements for a Barony since year 1 or so.

Nick
You got a baron and a DM?
Just the Baron.

Nick

BadSyntax

• Bay Watcher
  • The root of all null pointer exceptions...
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2010, 01:51:32 pm »

this is for the newest version right?
Dasleah>   Snappleseed: if they threw up that's one hell of an orgasm

Chandrak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2010, 05:05:31 pm »

Anyone gotten Count or Duke or any of those? Now that I have a Baron, my fortress jumped straight to King on the next Migrant group that arrived. No other Nobles either, except a few of those Noble 'jobs' like Administrator.

cbpye

• Bay Watcher
  • Nerd Harder
    • View Profile
    • cbpye.net
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2010, 06:22:05 pm »

Hopefully the issues of the nobility can be sorted out in the coming update.

Wait, Toady is aware that nobles are somewhat broken, right?

Another

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2010, 06:55:30 pm »

After trying different path from the same savegame points I can add this info:

The king is the only half-not broken noble. He always arrives in the first immigration wave after liaison or caravan reported home that your created/exported/road values are enough. He arrived even though I was about 25 dwarves above my population cap and about 5 legendary weapon users with good weapons and armor (and spouses/children/pets) were following him.

Bad news - no other nobles followed him. No positions in the nobles screen appeared.

Even worse - liaisons stopped coming at all - so no chance to ever get baron/count/duke and anything related to them.

P.S. The trick with delayed meeting worked when there was no king and a dwarf of my choosing became a baron. No positions appeared in the nobles screen either. I highly doubt that that Tax Collector or Dungeon Master will immigrate even if I rise my population cap (by the way it would be 250).

BadSyntax

• Bay Watcher
  • The root of all null pointer exceptions...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2010, 08:55:52 pm »

I verified with the baron as well. Anyone verify the king or DM?
Dasleah>   Snappleseed: if they threw up that's one hell of an orgasm

Rexfelum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2010, 10:36:08 pm »

Anyone gotten Count or Duke or any of those?

I got a Count.  I applied the same workaround as the one that gets you a Baron.  I would have tried it again for a Duke, but . . . I accidentally got the King, so no more liaisons are appearing.

--Rexfelum

swampwater

• Bay Watcher
  • needs alcohol to get through the working day
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2010, 11:12:39 am »

"so successful it's boring" implies you should be working on a mega construction.

well i've never had the opportunity to stop dying long enough to try out some before now, but so far i've built a 7 story tower full of windows and statues, with a pyramid roof, and reworking my fort's layout a bit to seem more like royal halls than the scrappy outpost it once was. i'm hoping eventually to try pumping up some magma, which i've never done, for something really impressive.

Chandrak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2010, 03:36:18 pm »

I can verify Queen. Got that right after getting baron, actually. I had a ridiculously high created wealth at that point, but it happened as soon migrants came once i had a baron.

Comrade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2010, 07:00:26 pm »

I've never gotten a king or a dungeon master...

jei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2010, 07:20:24 pm »

Current nobles that need to be verified / proven to be acquirable:
Dungeon Master
Duke
Tax Collector
Hammerer
Count
General ( if you can even get one )

Baron/Baroness:
A year after you reach the requirements; do not let the meeting with the liaison start until after every merchant has left.
Count/Countess:
Same as baron
DM:
comes with baron (needs to be verified)
King/Queen:
Go overboard with the roads and offerings[verify]

And also, a big thanks to all who help get this down pat. After this is all verified and whatnot Ill update the wiki with the information.

I play .16. I got a mayor promoted to baron and then, when the king came, he became the duke. Now King's dead with no heir or spouse apparent and I have no king, only the duke. Also NO DUNGEON MASTER. Haven't seen one yet ever since 40d. Now I got 200 dorfs, no king, no dungeon master, only the Duke and Mayor.
Engraved on the monitor is an exceptionally designed image of FPS in Dwarf Fortress and it's multicore support by Toady. Toady is raising the multicore. The artwork relates to the masterful multicore support by Toady for the Dwarf Fortress in midwinter of 2010. Toady is surrounded by dwarves. The dwarves are rejoicing.

jei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2010, 07:24:38 pm »

I usually try to stay quiet about things like this... but was it really so important to carpet the world with unembarkable farmland when things like this and wagons and soil farm non-irrigation (things that worked fine before) have been broken for how long now?

I second that! There's a lot of other bugs too. And now my soldiers refuse to shoot goblins in a pit. 
I'm not even bothering to report things as bugs anymore since they don't get fixed anyway. Just more
stupid adventure mode stuff that breaks even more stuff in fortress mode...

Engraved on the monitor is an exceptionally designed image of FPS in Dwarf Fortress and it's multicore support by Toady. Toady is raising the multicore. The artwork relates to the masterful multicore support by Toady for the Dwarf Fortress in midwinter of 2010. Toady is surrounded by dwarves. The dwarves are rejoicing.
Pages: 1 [2]