Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 38c, Chasm + Goblin Fotress = Crash  (Read 618 times)

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
38c, Chasm + Goblin Fotress = Crash
« on: March 12, 2008, 06:24:00 pm »

I went to a goblin fortress that was on a chasm (You discovered a chasm blah blah blah when I arrived), and I swear I had a ton of screens of combat each step I took, goblins killing ratmen, etc.  Then I left, and the game crashed.  It's repeatable, I think it has to do with the unloading of historical units.  It's a pocket world.  Need a save?
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

ikkonoishi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 38c, Chasm + Goblin Fotress = Crash
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2008, 07:12:00 pm »

Yeah I had an issue in adventurer mode where everything ran really quickly for load times until my gal ran across a chasm vs goblin clash. After that everything I visited took much longer to load and save.
Our Dwarven instincts compel us to run blindly towards disaster in case there may be a ☼<☼giant cave spider silk sock☼>☼ lying around.

Mel_Vixen

• Bay Watcher
  • Hobby: accidently thread derailment
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2008, 07:53:00 pm »

quote:
I think it has to do with the unloading of historical units

Just a Fought about that. I can swear toadys World gen only halves the amount of the hist figs and/or offloaded creatures but makes the world 1/4 of the origial size then you select a 129x129 World and lower. So if you have a pocket world a tile is 16 times more crowded then a piece of a 257x257 World of the same size.

[ March 12, 2008: Message edited by: Heph ]

[sarcasm] You know what? I love grammar Nazis! They give me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I am so ashamed of my bad english and that my first language is German. [/sarcasm]

Proud to be a Furry.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2008, 08:08:00 pm »

I can take a look at the crashing save unless it's saying "Nemesis Unit Load Failed", in which case I won't be able to get anything out of it.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2008, 08:11:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Toady One:
<STRONG>I can take a look at the crashing save unless it's saying "Nemesis Unit Load Failed", in which case I won't be able to get anything out of it.</STRONG>

It doesn't, it just says DWARF FORTRESS HAS STOPPED RESPONDING, WINDOWS IS SEARCHING FOR A SOLUTION FOR THE PROBLEM.

Where can I upload the save to?

The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2008, 12:14:00 am »

You can email a pocket world, they're tiny.  Or you can upload to one of a number of file hosting sites like Rapidshare or Megaupload.