Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 116

Author Topic: Zealots and Demons RTD Epilogue  (Read 93964 times)

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Zealots and Demons RTD Turn 139: Pile on the Intrigue
« Reply #1605 on: October 08, 2011, 05:16:01 am »

Dor'lek nods at Malgun's hope for the situation.

"Sis'tah, could you tell us what you know of the demonic presence? I think we're all a bit ill-informed on tha situation here."

"Would aye be right by assumin' the castle outside has quite a lot to do with tha Demonic  ..... Presence?"

C or D sound fine to me
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Zealots and Demons RTD Turn 140: The Desecration of Sareesa's Chapel
« Reply #1606 on: October 10, 2011, 01:31:21 am »

Quote from: CoughDrop
Dor'lek nods at Malgun's hope for the situation.

"Sis'tah, could you tell us what you know of the demonic presence? I think we're all a bit ill-informed on tha situation here."

"Would aye be right by assumin' the castle outside has quite a lot to do with tha Demonic  ..... Presence?"

[5]  "Yes, a powerful demon lives there, terrorizing us all.  There are barely any of us left.  I did what I could to help, but I just don't know what else I can do.  This Demon Lord. . . he's impossibly large, and nearly immune to anything any of us could do.  They best we can do is hide and hope he doesn't find us."  You're not sure how much real help she will be in her current state.

Quote from: wolfchild
"How do you know there is no way out, just look here, this place is free of the demon's filth, if it is possible to do this then you can reclaim your village, the demon WANTS you to despair, and give up, do NOT give it that victory"

[3]  "Free. . . this entire area is utterly corrupted, not even Sareesa can answer my prayers here.  We are utterly cut off, no communication with the outside world.  Even if you just keep running, eventually you come to a spot where you simply cannot go any further.  You are right about one thing though, it does desire despair."

Quote from: SeriousConcentrate
Malgun nodded. "That's true, but we can't just sit here waiting, either." He tilted his head towards the candles. "Are those keeping out the presence?" The message outside suggested it was so, but it could've been because this was holy ground. "If they are, we can take some with us and look around for the demon himself. I'm sure the three of us can destroy it," he said, trying to raise the Sister's confidence.

[2]  You try to talk to the Sister, but she just isn't listening.  "No, this entire REALM is corrupted, go on, try and talk to Sareesa, all of you, she can't reach us here, we are far too gone now."

Quote from: Frelock
"Master Light..."  Frelock stammers out, amazed that his old teacher would be the one commanding these fiends.  "...Why?"

If he moves to attack again, strike him again with Just Retribution and my sword.

"Frelock. . . it pains me to have to fight you here.  Know that I do not do this willingly, but the future must be protected, no matter the cost.  If fate decrees that this city will fall then I shall make certain it does."

"But what about all the people, you can't just kill everyone here.  The people here have done nothing wrong."

"I didn't expect to persuade you, though I did hope you might leave and trust your superiors.  Very well then, I see that I have no choice." 

[4] [6+4-3=7 damage]  Marshall light charges forward, running straight towards you.  You quickly step to the side and unleash a blow towards to his side, but he doesn't even try to block it, just letting his Breastplate absorb the blow.  He is injured, but not enough to even slow him down. [1] You think about casting Just Retribution, but you suddenly realize what Marshall Light is doing and change plans.  [4] You raise your sword to protect yourself as Marshall Light charges up the wall and stand, waiting for what will happen next.

Quote from: Zako
Flip the goggles down and charge to melee while firing my long pistol at the lackey!

[4] [1+1=2 damage] You charge forward with your gun out.  You manage to nick the man with the gun, but you're close to him, unfortunately not that you are closer you can see he brought his own gun as well.  You flip the goggles on and unexpectedly you can see the sword of the man Frelock is fighting with glowing purple with some kind of strange energy. [5]  You bring your cloak over your face, hoping to protect yourself from whatever is coming.

Quote from: Ochita
Kick Iemon in the male anatomy. Hard. When he's in pain, get that thing off my mouth.

[1] You try to kick him, but you're already feeling sleepy.  Fighting is just too hard right now.  *yawn*  *snooze* 

A couple of minute later,  You wake up and realize what's happened.  You stumble out into the street.  You see Iemon and a couple others running away with your book.

You hear an explosion behind you and see the Sareesa's Chapel on the Floating Island start falling apart.  Pieces of it landing in the bay, small at first, but you can tell already the entire island will fall soon enough.

((No joke. . .  now it looks like I'm cheating but I swear I'm not :( ))

Enemy Turns

Iemon: [3]  Iemon, has a decent head start.  He is running away with a couple other people in black robes and is about half-way down the road.  The black robes have a golden eye embroidered on the back.

Hooded Lackey:  [1] The Lackey while bringing his gun up some how manages to lose his grip on it, it goes flying across the room.  [2] The Lackey takes no defensive actions against the coming storm about to be unleashed by Marshall Light.

Marshall Light:  [Feat Activated:  GRAVITY SWORD]  Marshall Light soon reaches the peak of his climb up the wall and begins to fall back down.  As he does he brings his sword down against Frelock's sword.  The ground begins to shake and split apart.  The chapel itself begins falling apart and the parts of the island begin to tear themselves apart.  Parts of the ground begin to rise into the air and swirl around in a cloud of shrapnel.  [18 damage against unguarded, 9 damage against guarded opponents.]
"Shit, too much power.  The entire island is falling apart!"

Enemy Status

Iemon
Health:  35 out of 35

Mage 1:
Health:  12 out of 12
Mana:  20 out of 20

Mage 2:
Health:  12 out of 12
Mana:  20 out of 20

Marshall Light
Health:  23 out of 40

Hooded Lackey
Health:  -10 out of 10

Status Changes:

Spoiler: Ochita (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Frelock (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Zako (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Malgun (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dor’lek (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: wolfchild (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 02:02:04 am by V-Norrec »

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
Re: Zealots and Demons RTD Turn 140: The Desecration of Sareesa's Chapel
« Reply #1607 on: October 10, 2011, 01:38:23 am »

>:I

This is annoying and I hate the dice.

Give up, because something really stupid will happen and I will obviously lose them. Instead, lets see if we cannot save that island.

See later post.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 11:28:05 am by Ochita »
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1608 on: October 10, 2011, 01:46:26 am »

I SWEAR I'M NOT CHEATING!!!  Bad luck just happens.  I would also just like to advise that, you might want to take a look at that Crystal. . . anytime now, anytime.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #1609 on: October 10, 2011, 01:49:38 am »

That sucks, dude. :-\

Malgun nodded to the Sister. "Good idea. I'll see if I can talk to her." He felt that he had a fairly strong connection to her; maybe he would be able to reach her. "I'll go over here so I won't bother you," he said, letting the two trolls do their thing for now while he moved a few feet away - but staying within the candlelight, just in case. Sareesa, are you there? It's me, Malgun. One of your Sisters is here and she's shaken badly, saying that this entire realm was created by a powerful demon and we can't defeat it. Can you give her a sign of some sort, anything to give her hope? he thought, trying to send the words to Sareesa... wherever she was. And even if she couldn't reach him, maybe he could do something to force the mark she laid on him to reveal itself to the others. Surely she would accept it as a sign.

Until that woman was mentally stable, he was sure they weren't going to get much done.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1610 on: October 10, 2011, 01:53:08 am »

I SWEAR I'M NOT CHEATING!!!  Bad luck just happens.  I would also just like to advise that, you might want to take a look at that Crystal. . . anytime now, anytime.
It likes to happen to me a fair amount though.

Stupid stupidly bad luck.
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1611 on: October 10, 2011, 01:56:11 am »

It likes to happen to me a fair amount though.

Stupid stupidly bad luck.

Well yeah, there's a 50/50 chance of that happening essentially

Also vote for what I write next A B C or D

Edit:  Edited for Clarity
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 02:02:38 am by V-Norrec »

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1612 on: October 10, 2011, 02:45:23 am »

Just randomly, I pick C

and turn
Havor'e takes a different tack, swapping to comforting words, she also subtly casts a variation on warmth, to help the folks here relax and think objectively
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1613 on: October 10, 2011, 03:18:05 am »

"It's finished,"  Frelock thinks.  "The entire island, destroyed.  Hundreds, possibly thousands, dead.  The holiest place in the isles, gone.  What can one man do?"

Pray, to Sareesa, to the powers of light she serves, and to whomever or whatever might be willing to help.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1614 on: October 10, 2011, 04:15:57 am »

Ooooh snap... Things just got serious. And I'm gonna give you a break and make us a more constant villian!

"Oh SHIT!" Zack stumbles around the room for a bit before regaining his balance. He turns to frelock and shouts at the top of his lungs to him. "We gotta go! The whole place is falling!!" Before running to his friend, Zack decides to quickly search the fallen man for anything that might hold a clue.

Quickly search the dead lackey before grabbing Frelock and bodily shoving him out of the building. He can pray later.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1615 on: October 10, 2011, 11:33:48 am »

"Oh.. Damn it! Urgh.." Ochita leans on a wall, shaking the most of the effects off. He hears a rumble, and he unsteadily runs towards it, until he see's the floating island... Falling. "Oh. Oh no.. no no no no no! Okay.. Hm.."

I examine my crystal, and if I can, use whatever power it may have to fix the island, so it stays in place.

CoughDrop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1616 on: October 10, 2011, 03:41:23 pm »

Dor'lek grasps for a shining rock out of his pocket in a bout of brilliance. He speaks to it: "Frelock Stormrider... This is TuskOne to Crusader, do you copy? Over. "This is Dor'lek, can you hear me Frelock?" He waits, hoping desperately for an answer.

C
"It's one thing to feel that you are on the right path, but it's another to think yours is the only path."

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: October 10, 2011, 08:01:41 pm »

Well it looks like the letter C is the winner, I'll keep working on it.  Also. . . so many time continuity gaps are about to happen I would be surprised if the universe didn't tear itself apart from all the doom particles.

V-Norrec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Zealots and Demons RTD Turn 141: Sareesa is out for the count
« Reply #1618 on: October 11, 2011, 04:04:04 am »

Quote from: Zako
Quickly search the dead lackey before grabbing Frelock and bodily shoving him out of the building. He can pray later.

[1]  You fall on your ass as the world crumbles around around you.  Parts of the ceiling begin to give way and several statues begin to crack.  [6]  You manage to get back up and somehow grab a hold of Frelock.  "THIS ISN'T THE TIME FOR PRAYER, WE'VE GOT TO GET OUT OF HERE!  IF WE DON'T WE'RE GOING TO DIE!"

Quote from: Frelock
Pray, to Sareesa, to the powers of light she serves, and to whomever or whatever might be willing to help.

[6]  You somehow manage to both move with Zack and pray to Sareesa.  "What do you mean the island is falling!?!  I'll do what I can, I'm not sure how this is going to work though." The response is short, and certainly not what you hoped for, some confidence would be nice.  Well, actually you never expected an audience from a god at all, so you suppose this was a . . . net positive?  You feel the island begin to stabilize a little before becoming even more unstable.  Massive chunks of the island are falling away now into the bay. . . destroying the docks and bashing the ships into the coastline with the high waves.  This couldn't get any worse, could it?

You see Marshall light get on a small airship with several others on it, but he doesn't seem too concerned.  You see several men on the airships unmooring their ships from the falling islands.  Wait... those ships are going to explode!  You get on the small transport owned by the Troll who ferries people too and from the island.  "What should we be doin' mon, it not be safe here much longer."

((Also you heard Dor'lek, I don't know where to work it in, so YOU do it.  If you want.  If you feel your character is too busy to respond then don't))

Quote from: SeriousConcentrate
Malgun nodded to the Sister. "Good idea. I'll see if I can talk to her." He felt that he had a fairly strong connection to her; maybe he would be able to reach her. "I'll go over here so I won't bother you," he said, letting the two trolls do their thing for now while he moved a few feet away - but staying within the candlelight, just in case. Sareesa, are you there? It's me, Malgun. One of your Sisters is here and she's shaken badly, saying that this entire realm was created by a powerful demon and we can't defeat it. Can you give her a sign of some sort, anything to give her hope? he thought, trying to send the words to Sareesa... wherever she was. And even if she couldn't reach him, maybe he could do something to force the mark she laid on him to reveal itself to the others. Surely she would accept it as a sign.

Until that woman was mentally stable, he was sure they weren't going to get much done.

[4]  You manage to actually get in touch with Sareesa, or at least you think so.  "Uhh. . . hey, is Malgun."

Malgun. . .?  Malgun. . .  You see yourself from what could only be Sareesa's perspective during your first meeting for a couple seconds.  "Malgun.  I remember you.  You were the one who wanted knowledge."

"Uhhh, yeah.  Listen, I'm kind of in a bind here, could you help us out."

"What. . . do you need?"

"A sign, a way out of here, hope, blessings, I'm really open to just about anything right now."

"I. . . will try."  You can feel the very essence of magic surrounding you for a moment and then nothing.  "I think. . . I may have. . . had a little trouble."  It's deadly silent now.

"Sareesa, can you hear me?"  You inquire, but you get no response. 

[3]  After thinking about it for a moment you reach a startling conclusion.  Sareesa, for some reason, is being stretched far too thin right now.  You can't imagine what she's been trying to do and why it's been so hard on her, but for some reason it backfired.  You remember seeing Ochita's enchantment backfire and nearly destroy Frelock, with the level of magic Sareesa wields, you can only imagine how much worse it is when her magic backfires.  Finally in a startling revelation you realize you may have just caused the magic to backfire again, which can't be good, for either of you.

Quote from: Ochita
I examine my crystal, and if I can, use whatever power it may have to fix the island, so it stays in place.

[2]  You take your Crystal out. Huh, it's white now.  Didn't it use to be a different color.  That sure is strange isn't it guys?

((Take your hits like a man, Sareesa had 50 times worse luck than you this round))

Quote from: CoughDrop
Dor'lek grasps for a shining rock out of his pocket in a bout of brilliance. He speaks to it: "Frelock Stormrider... This is TuskOne to Crusader, do you copy? Over. "This is Dor'lek, can you hear me Frelock?" He waits, hoping desperately for an answer.

[auto-success]  Now all you have to do is wait for a response.  Anytime now Frelock is sure to respond.

Quote from: wolfchild
Havor'e takes a different tack, swapping to comforting words, she also subtly casts a variation on warmth, to help the folks here relax and think objectively

[5]  You decide that this realm, probably isn't the safest place to be trying new magic so you wisely discard that plan.  You do manage to get the Sister into a better frame of mind now.  Maybe now you might be able to do something about these candles and "Thirty-Seven"

Enemy Turns

Iemon and Mages:  [4]  They dart out of sight, far enough away to avoid being followed.  Whatever their goals are... were... no definitely are, they'll get no trouble from you for the time being.

Marshall Light:  [4]  Marshall Light manages to get on a personal Airship.  "We are done here.  Even if the Island does not fall the city will be torn to pieces in infighting once they realize the Chapel is lost.  Get us out of here."

Status Changes:

Spoiler: Ochita (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Frelock (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Zako (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Malgun (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dor’lek (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: wolfchild (click to show/hide)

Soooo. . .  at this rate everyone is going to lose because you're going to end up killing Sareesa and she doesn't know when to say no.  That's cool guys, I mean it totally wasn't like I was attached to that character. Only besides for the fact I am and I'm writing a novel (guess what it's the history I've been feeding you guys) about the stuff she's done.  I'm totally not attached at all.  I'm going to go cry into a corner now.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 04:08:49 am by V-Norrec »

wolfchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Wyvern Buddy
    • View Profile
Re: Zealots and Demons RTD Turn 141: Sareesa is out for the count
« Reply #1619 on: October 11, 2011, 04:10:04 am »

Do any of you have an idea what the 37 are?

also how many groups of candles were there, and how many in each group?
You really can both sig it.
But... That would break the laws of sigging! We can't have everyone running around with the same quotes. IT MAKES THEM UNFUNNY FASTER!
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 116